TWU International

I want to see the Line AMT on Midnight shift turn down the DOS $2.55 wage increase in line premium, the DOS $1.50 line midnight retention, and a 3% DOS wage increase and send the TWU back to negotiations. That would indicate not starving as bad as you claim, and you have much more faith in the TWU than you have indicated in the recent past.

$4.80+ per hour is not bad for the TWU given this economy.

And all that will happen is the company will offer something for a small group as the demographics indicate is needed tp re-vote, which will most likely be the OH Licensed AMT.

I want to see the vote breakdown by Local and Classification when completed.

The TWU International is not the weak link. WE ARE. Let's face it, the international is a dues collecting corporation. Period.Plain and simple. We the mechanics of AA absolutely have to have persons of high character suck it up and get into the mud with the elected officers and presidents of our locals and win those positions. It all starts with Tulsa. Imagine if the local 514 president was not beholden to the wishes of the officials in the international that already sold out their memberships to obtain said positions. Whether the line likes it or not, the numbers are in Tulsa. This person would have to be of such a nature that the charms and intimidation that the intl. would throw at him would not work. Next there would have to be other such individuals elected in DFW, ORD, AFW, and other key locals. At that point the intl. could not completely control all the butt smooching backdoor deals to keep collecting our dues. If WE want to have actual representation then WE have to find some of our peers that have this within them. This may require some persons that dont really aspire to these positions to take one for the team and run to prevent the corrupt ones from holding these vital positions. Knowing what we know of the TWU international it is really our responsibility to consider them not much different than AA and take what means we have and fight them both. just one grunts thoughts. p.s. Bob Owens or Chuck Schalk should transfer to Tulsa and run and the other to DFW and get my local prez. out.

The TWU International is not the weak link. WE ARE. Let's face it, the international is a dues collecting corporation. Period.Plain and simple. We the mechanics of AA absolutely have to have persons of high character suck it up and get into the mud with the elected officers and presidents of our locals and win those positions. It all starts with Tulsa. Imagine if the local 514 president was not beholden to the wishes of the officials in the international that already sold out their memberships to obtain said positions. Whether the line likes it or not, the numbers are in Tulsa. This person would have to be of such a nature that the charms and intimidation that the intl. would throw at him would not work. Next there would have to be other such individuals elected in DFW, ORD, AFW, and other key locals. At that point the intl. could not completely control all the butt smooching backdoor deals to keep collecting our dues. If WE want to have actual representation then WE have to find some of our peers that have this within them. This may require some persons that dont really aspire to these positions to take one for the team and run to prevent the corrupt ones from holding these vital positions. Knowing what we know of the TWU international it is really our responsibility to consider them not much different than AA and take what means we have and fight them both. just one grunts thoughts. p.s. Bob Owens or Chuck Schalk should transfer to Tulsa and run and the other to DFW and get my local prez. out.

check the senoirity lists the line out numbers all 3 bases put together

afw is a base

I want to see the Line AMT on Midnight shift turn down the DOS $2.55 wage increase in line premium, the DOS $1.50 line midnight retention, and a 3% DOS wage increase and send the TWU back to negotiations. That would indicate not starving as bad as you claim, and you have much more faith in the TWU than you have indicated in the recent past.

$4.80+ per hour is not bad for the TWU given this economy.

And all that will happen is the company will offer something for a small group as the demographics indicate is needed tp re-vote, which will most likely be the OH Licensed AMT.

I want to see the vote breakdown by Local and Classification when completed.

Thats what I'm asking them to do.

In reality its an incease of 2$, less the current .50 MRT, so its a $1.50 plus 80 cents, plus 40cents a year later, and another 40 cents a year after that, less all the concessions. The mechanic working nights will only make 2 cents more than the mechanic working days because with 8.5 hour shifts they can cover the 8 hour spread and not pay anybody MRT.

The line mechanics will end up losing MRT because the company changed it from an 11 hour window to an 8 hour window. So instead of getting $1.50 they will lose .50. So its around $3.10 over 5 years , that would put us just shy of $36 in 2013, SWA will be at $45 in 2012 with more vacation, holidays, sick time, IOD time, company paid LTD, etc etc.

Thats comes 9.4% over 5 years, or 1.8% a year, end loaded. It doesnt even restore our compensation to 2003 levels.

With the IBT UAL and CAL contracts open, where they are already going for over $43 at CAL whats the rush at this point to lock into another concessionary deal that robs us of five more years?

The TWU International has again proven it is the weak link.

Again it has a hand in bringing back still another concessionary contract.

After enormity of concessions the TWU International help bring back and scare the membership into approving in 2003 I didn't think the International would have the gall to sell us out again but I was very wrong.

It makes one wonder out loud if they are making money from both its members and the airline.

When Kevin and I are running the 514 it will be without the help of the weak link. We don't need them and don't want them.

There are already enough obstacles in the way of the working man without adding the TWU International.

How many times have they sold us down the river?

How many times have they promoted our officers mid-term at the expense of the membership?

The TWU International cares primarily about its own interests at the expense of the membership.
I am curios, why don't you guys just replace them already? You know they are no good. If I hired a gardner and he wasn't doing his job, he would be gone with a new one in his place the next day.

Thats what I'm asking them to do.

In reality its an incease of 2$, less the current .50 MRT, so its a $1.50 plus 80 cents, plus 40cents a year later, and another 40 cents a year after that, less all the concessions. The mechanic working nights will only make 2 cents more than the mechanic working days because with 8.5 hour shifts they can cover the 8 hour spread and not pay anybody MRT.

The line mechanics will end up losing MRT because the company changed it from an 11 hour window to an 8 hour window. So instead of getting $1.50 they will lose .50. So its around $3.10 over 5 years , that would put us just shy of $36 in 2013, SWA will be at $45 in 2012 with more vacation, holidays, sick time, IOD time, company paid LTD, etc etc.

Thats comes 9.4% over 5 years, or 1.8% a year, end loaded. It doesnt even restore our compensation to 2003 levels.

With the IBT UAL and CAL contracts open, where they are already going for over $43 at CAL whats the rush at this point to lock into another concessionary deal that robs us of five more years?
I think you have been misinformed. The ibt opened up negotiations at CAL asking for $40/hr ALL in rate (including line premium, license and shift). CAL laughed at them and came back with 3%,3%,and 2%. CAL is currently at $33/hr.

I think you have been misinformed. The ibt opened up negotiations at CAL asking for $40/hr ALL in rate (including line premium, license and shift). CAL laughed at them and came back with 3%,3%,and 2%. CAL is currently at $33/hr.
That was at DOS not the end of the contract, I'll try and find the link. The CAL company offer is still better than our TA, 0%, 0%, 3%,1.5%, 1.5%, less Holidays, sick time, IOD time, Vacation time, 30%less sick time to pay for retiree medical that costs 45% more.

8%over three years vs 6% over five.

I heard a rumor of a recall petition of your prez going on, how is it going so far?

DFW had a president who voted against the internationals wish's in 08 when he voted NOT to bring back a contract which was arguabley beter than this POS, it was shorter in duration and did not touch retire medicle. The membership then replaced him with their current yes man

DFW replaced their "No voting president" with a "yes man". I dont work there but was that not the will of the voting members? To put in a "softer" individual?

That was at DOS not the end of the contract, I'll try and find the link. The CAL company offer is still better than our TA, 0%, 0%, 3%,1.5%, 1.5%, less Holidays, sick time, IOD time, Vacation time, 30%less sick time to pay for retiree medical that costs 45% more.

8%over three years vs 6% over five.
If you look at it that way, yes, it is better. But believe you me, the ibt is just as much a dictatorship and dues collecting monster as is the TWU or IAM. Within the ibt the membership has no voice, they do what the company pays them to do. They just organized the ramp at CAL and actually quoted the old IAM saying " strength in numbers" bull. It comes down to non of theses unions care about the mechanic or his trade. It's time to organize a major revolt industry wide against all these company puppet unions.

If you look at it that way, yes, it is better. But believe you me, the ibt is just as much a dictatorship and dues collecting monster as is the TWU or IAM. Within the ibt the membership has no voice, they do what the company pays them to do. They just organized the ramp at CAL and actually quoted the old IAM saying " strength in numbers" bull. It comes down to non of theses unions care about the mechanic or his trade. It's time to organize a major revolt industry wide against all these company puppet unions.

I believe the IBT is more of a dictatorship but they've done pretty well over at UPS, the home of Ron Carey! (RIP)

The fact is that workers really dont care how Democratic their union is as long as they get them good paychecks and protection from unfair labor practices. Accountablity only becomes important when they fail to deliver on those two counts.