$100k American Airlines Working Together Tulsa M&E Book on Ebay

AMFAMAN

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
FURPVILLE
A couple of good items for sale on E-bay. Looks like someone is trying to recoup their losses from the concessions.

Book
Here is a new book that came in the mail today from the company my husband works for.It has 44 color pages with up to 10 photos per page. His union , the Transport Workers Union in 2003 gave away 30% of his pay and benefits with no snap back at the end of the 5 year contract.He gets a 1&1/2 percent raise per year and goes without a holiday from Jan. 2nd all the way to July3rd, yes no holiday for Memorial day even. If he is sick he gets only half a days pay.This book celebrates the further bending over his union has done since then by having a "Pajama Party" (as proudly described in the book) with the company at a hotel .The union decided without a vote by the membership (just like building a new union hall) to do what ever the company wanted and saved them another $500 Million with out asking for anything in return.Over $200 Million will be paid out in executive bonuses in April and the Union officials continue to get raises as well. Help my family by purchasing this book . Thank You !

Hat

Here is a new hat that my husband received from the company he works for. On the front it has a nice Flagship Tulsa logo embroidered .This signifies the Super 80 aircraft named and dedicated to the hard work that has been done in Tulsa. On the back is the words “500M and I Helped!â€￾ with the company and union initials. His union, the Transport Workers Union in 2003 gave away 30% of his pay and benefits with no snap back at the end of the 5 year contract. He gets a 1&1/2 percent raise per year and goes without a holiday for 6 months, yes no holiday for Memorial Day even . If he is sick he gets only half a days pay. This hat celebrates the further bending over his union has done since then by having a "Pajama Party" with the company at a hotel .The union decided without a vote by the membership (just like building a new union hall) to do what ever the company wanted and saved them another $500 Million without asking for ANYTHING in return. This failure in negotiating is why the hat does not say “500M and We Shared It!â€￾ Almost $200 Million will be paid out in executive bonuses in April and the Union officials never took any pay cuts, only raises.
I told my husband he should keep the hat since the stress from working with a worthless union and barely keeping our heads above water have thinned his hair out. He said the hat is like a slap in the face. Help my family by purchasing this Hat.

:up: :up: :up: :up:

Nope, no bids yet... Sadly, he's going to have to pay for the listing regardless if it sells or not.

And to think, I recently gave a whole bunch of AA hats to the Union Rescue Mission. A lot of the bums and winos downtown are wearing hats I could have sold for big money.

Nope, no bids yet... Sadly, he's going to have to pay for the listing regardless if it sells or not.
How much would that be? Around 40 cents? Were you the guy who said he would drive out of his way to save a few pennies on gasoline?

It looks like there is 4 bids on this tiem to me.

http://tinyurl.com/2xlttj

Ah, my bad. I didn't look at link for the book. I was looking at the hat, which still has zero bids.

The listing fee is $0.40, and if it sells, there's a 5.25% commision paid to eBay (not applicable to the shipping & handling cost IIRC).

And yes, Bob, I still drive out of my way to save on diesel, which I get just across the county line (10 miles) for a savings of about $0.15 per gallon. Since I'm buying anywhere from 30 to 40 gals at a time, the savings comes out to about $200/year, and it give business to a local guy rather than a national chain which is more prone to gouge me at the pump.