American M & E Working Together Toward Profits

If I heard correct, the work has now gone back to Eagle, by request of the company.
Have you even bothered asking???
And as far as challenging, I'm sure that wasn't it at all. Some just made their minds up that they weren't doing it plain and simple. So now instead of securing the work, they have it taken away.

Nice choice don't you think?? :down:

Are you saying that we are now living the dream of "The Companies Way, or the Highway"? That sound just great dont you think?

We've got 20 AMTs on Day shift, 10 on Twilight, working 2 Saabs at the same time! In the same Dock! Five days a week! Doing a major "C' check, and return to leaser checks, it's been taken us approx. 3 weeks!

So there is no 80+ day plane sitting there like my local is saying. And the truth is that MCI is operating with 44 less people then would be alotted to DFW (based on 2 planes) and we are given 4 weeks to get the job done, compared to your 3. I don't think I need to say what the problem is here, you're old enough to figure that one out. :p

Thanks for the info. :up:

'Levic' Texas? :huh: Do you mean Lubbock you old Geezer?

Heres a clue old timer, as long as you guys can continue producing with your current head count would'nt It be cost advantageous for the compAAny not to recall?

Look, when the CompAAny realizes that the amount of work vs. the manpower does not equate at that time their hand will be forced. you say in one breath that "there is not enough people to get the work done", then turn right around and say "the people on the floor who get the work done day in and day out"! which statement is accurate? because thats a complete contradiction my friend.

When/If ALCOA shows up with those two 757's they want converted to freighters and they see theres not enough manpower to complete the work in a timely manner then at that time someone will have to answer and It won't be the Mechanics on the floor reporting to Headquarters for the debacle.

Just go to work, do your 8 hours punch out and go home. Let the chips fall where they may, because unless your the one in charge of calling the shots there is not a thing you can do about it. If your hoping the TWU is gonna come to your rescue, well all I can say is wish in one hand and sh!t in the other and see which one fills up the quickest.
<_< -----You know something Sonny! There was a time when people took pride in what they did for a living! But in saying that, we are getting a little tiered of having smoke blown up our tale pipes! We have Union leaders that sit on their arses and hide from the issues at hand, and management simply does what it wants too! But don't get too cocky boy! Remember most of us here were turning wrench's when you were still peeing in your pants! And can still work circles around you when it's appropriate to do so! Deciding when that time is, is the trick! We earn our keep! Can you say the same? ;)

So there is no 80+ day plane sitting there like my local is saying. And the truth is that MCI is operating with 44 less people then would be alotted to DFW (based on 2 planes) and we are given 4 weeks to get the job done, compared to your 3. I don't think I need to say what the problem is here, you're old enough to figure that one out. :p

Thanks for the info. :up:
<_< ------ Hold on AMFAMAN! You know things are never that simple! I did say I wasn't involved in the Saab program! There are a few more AMT's working the Saabs. But they are not working the "C" Checks. At present we have six Saabs on the South side of the hanger in one of our empty Docks. They are technically in short term storage, and were flown here from the desert awaiting disposition to "C" check or ? Anyway there are about 10 more mechanics that pull storage checks, and other such maintenance to get them ready to either go back in service, or back to Saab. But than again, they're divided up between two sifts!

<_< -----You know something Sonny! There was a time when people took pride in what they did for a living!

Yea your right, thats back when Corporations took pride in their employees and treated them as an asset instead of liabilities and the word UNIONISM actually stood for something other than just a dues collection agency.

But in saying that, we are getting a little tiered of having smoke blown up our tale pipes! We have Union leaders that sit on their arses and hide from the issues at hand, and management simply does what it wants too!

Welcome Aboard, we've been dealing with that scenario since way back before TWA was even a twinkle in Cartys eye!

But don't get too cocky boy! Remember most of us here were turning wrench's when you were still peeing in your pants! And can still work circles around you when it's appropriate to do so! Deciding when that time is, is the trick! We earn our keep! Can you say the same? ;)

Calm down gramps, dont get your Depends all in a wad.
You must have misunderstood the meaning behind my post, I was not insulting your abilities but merely pointing out that as long as the CompAAny can get the same amount of work done with half the manpower they would be foolish to recall. If you can't understand that concept then you must be getting senile.

After personally working on many of the former TWA MD80's here in Tulsa and seeing what a piece of sh!t they are/were I would have to challenge that statement about you fellows earning your keep.

Work circles around us.. :lol: :lol: How many Old timers do you still see playing in the NFL gramps? Buy yourself a travel trailer, go see America and enjoy your golden years.
If not, then punch the clock do your 8 and quit your b!tching cause your nothing more than a pawn on a chessboard. ;)

Now we're being told that the saab chks are not coming to DFW, but we might get the 80 galley mods....oh, the bid will still have the Sabb line -30 mechs to staff work we're not going to get- but we'll get something, and if not then those crews will just be labor loaned to whichever crew needs them (but not midnights, where we need them)...so, it's all good....there's nothing like putting the seat up AFTER you piss in the toilet!

Now we're being told that the saab chks are not coming to DFW, but we might get the 80 galley mods....oh, the bid will still have the Sabb line -30 mechs to staff work we're not going to get- but we'll get something, and if not then those crews will just be labor loaned to whichever crew needs them (but not midnights, where we need them)...so, it's all good....there's nothing like putting the seat up AFTER you piss in the toilet!
The 80 mods are in Tulsa and I doubt they are going to take them away from Tulsa. Looks like a setup from the get go, as they used the Saab as an excuse for a 14 month bid and now will keep the bid and labor loan as need be for the next 14 months. They will be known as the b*tch crew. It's basically a relief crew assigned by management where ever they want them. :down:

The 80 mods are in Tulsa and I doubt they are going to take them away from Tulsa. Looks like a setup from the get go, as they used the Saab as an excuse for a 14 month bid and now will keep the bid and labor loan as need be for the next 14 months. They will be known as the b*tch crew. It's basically a relief crew assigned by management where ever they want them. :down:
<_< ---- Another case of Bad Management! This all could have been avoided with a simple recall! Now they'll probably lose the contract! But it does go back to what I said before about an agreement that there won't be any recalls here tell all are recalled in TUL! Normally I'd write this off as just more animosity, but sometimes it sure doesn't look like it! The only other explanation is someone in Management has his head up his rear!---- Naaa! :angry:

<_< Hey AMFAMAN!---- That's how it works for everyone here!!!! :shock: And what does our Union leadership do? They just sets in their basement office, smoking, and looking at girly pictures on their computors!!! ;)

<_< Hey AMFAMAN!---- That's how it works for everyone here!!!! :shock: And what does our Union leadership do? They just sets in their basement office, smoking, and looking at girly pictures on their computors!!! ;)
I'm not sure it's proper to call them "union leadership" anymore. Puppets for the company might be a better way to describe them.

So is KC ready to oust their sorry butts yet? ;)

I'm not sure it's proper to call them "union leadership" anymore. Puppets for the company might be a better way to describe them.

So is KC ready to oust their sorry butts yet? ;)
<_< ---- I wish I know? ;)---- The problem is TWA used to work that way also. You were assigned to where the work was. So one day you might work MD80'S,in one Dock, the next in another Dock! Days off, vacations, were all based on occupational Seniority! No matter where you worked. Overtime was based on the number of overtime hours worked. And was posted daily next to your name and payroll number. Lowest number of hours, asked first. Refusal of overtime, name went to bottom of list.------ So things have changed a little. But management is still running things the way they want, and most people here don't know the difference! And that's becoming a problem! ;)

Been there!

Did they ever bother to finish ripping off the IAM sticker?

Whatever happened to your old President?

Been there!

Did they ever bother to finish ripping off the IAM sticker?

Whatever happened to your old President?
<_< Well hello Bob! Welcome back!--- As for the IAM stickers, yes they're gone! Problem is most, not all, of our currant officials have the IAM logo tattooed to their arss! Hold overs in other words! Our old President ran again. Lost, had personal problems, and just faded away! Too bad! I believe things would have been a lot different if they (TWU) hadn't bush waked him!!! :mf_boff: Seems you two have something in common!

Latest posts