141 Outsourcing

smallstFSA

Advanced
Dec 22, 2002
Allegedly our station was faxed a copy of the 141 proposal this am, per a phone call any station with less than 10 mainline can be outsourced.

I did not ask for any other details since they're secondary to my interests. Since I have not seen this piece of paper I'm not claiming this to be a fact.

I thought the IAM agreed to 10 mainline cities and all other cities
mainline express. No contractors

I'm not about to drive to the Airport to look at the paper work, but from what I hear there are 3 salary classes of cities; Mainline, Express and those that can be outsourced and they're specifically named. But cheer up guys there's also a limited buyout program for only 250 FSA.

I hate to post hear say but if we got some info I'm sure some else has too.

according to the proposal that we recevied yesterday, only the cities with 56 or fewer flts can be outsourced--though i am not sure if that is how i read it or not. mainline express is not affected by the paycuts as we have suffered it all in one shot. the holidays reduced from 8 to 5 and the sick is really bad--no pay for 1st day but 50% pay for each day from the 2nd to the 4th day of your sick. the pay however is decent--for class one cities it tops out at 17.35 an hr while class two cities it tops out at 15.60 an hr however it doenst say anything about the pay for mainline express so i guess we got our a$$ sold down again. there is a list of 21 cities that can be outsourced but mainline express cities are not on it. also a buy out program only active iam members and those on military leave and leaves of absence--provided thy have a return to work can take the buy out offer--17500 paid in 30% 30% and 40% over the course of 3 yrs but you must have 15 yrs or more to use that offer.

28yrsnojob said:
I thought the IAM agreed to 10 mainline cities and all other cities
mainline express. No contractors
[post="236790"][/post]​

any ideas.......

1.clt
2.the jewell
3.pit
4.dca
5.bos
6.lga

according to the proposal that we recevied yesterday, only the cities with 56 or fewer flts can be outsourced

daily or weekly?

:cool:

sdavis29 said:
any ideas.......

1.clt
2.the jewell
3.pit
4.dca
5.bos
6.lga
according to the proposal that we recevied yesterday, only the cities with 56 or fewer flts can be outsourced
daily or weekly?
:cool:
[post="237026"][/post]​

that should read 56 flts weekly sorry about that

The agreement calls for based on the February 8, 2005 schedule is for 9 class I stations. They are CLT, THE JEWEL, DCA, BOS, PIT, LGA, FLL, MCO,TPA. Class II stations are BDL, PVD, PBI, RDU, MSY, ORD, DFW, BWI, MHT, JAX, CMH, IND, BUF, MIA, LAS, SFO, LAX, EWR. The following stations are Mainline Stations which may be outsourced (based on the February 8, 2005 schedule). MDT, MSP, DTW, GSO, IAH, MCI, ALB, ATL, BNA, IAD, ILM, MYR, SEA, CHS, ROC, SAN, SYR, DEN, RIC, ORF, PHX. This is taken from the agreement ( it's not much of an agreement, lots of crappy stuff in it ). Class I stations will be paid $17.00 hr until 1/1/07 then it goes to $17.35. Class II stations $15.60. There is nothing in here about Mainline Express. No more double time for overtime, it's capped at time and one-half. It's ugly and were screwed. That's about the it. :angry:

If those above listed Stations can be outsourced, you can bet they will be in a Flash.

Guys your numbers are wrong. Per the Agreement......

-Class I stations shall be those stations that have 140 or more scheduled mainline jet departures weekly.
-Class II stations shall be those stations that have more than 69 scheduled mainline jet departures weekly and fewer than 140 scheduled mainline jet departures weekly where the Company currently has Fleet service staffing.
-The Company may outsource ALL Fleet Service work at stations with 69 or fewer scheduled mainline weekly departures except existing Mainline Express stations as decribed below.
-If a Class II station's scheduled mainline weekly jet departure are reduced to a level of 56 weekly departures on an annualized basis, the Company may outsource fleet service work in that station.
-Should an outsourced sation's weekly mainline departures increase to more than 98 weekly departures on an annualized basis, such station will become a Class II station.
-If a Class I station scheduled mainline weekly jet departures are reduced to a level below 119 departures on an anualized basis, such station shall become a Class II station. If a Class II stations scheduled mainline weekly departures increase to a level above 175 on an annualized basis, such station shall become a Class I station.
The new classification of stations is as decribed in Attachment B. Changes in classification of stations will based on the timeframe outline in Artile 3.B.3.a.
-ELIMININATE Mainline Express provisions for future stations. Exisitng Mainline Express stations will be grandfathered.
-ANY ne station may be outsourced.
-Clarification- Deicing of aircraft and aircraft movement may be performed by fleet service or other employees or VENDORS.

OUTSOURCE...CAN YOU SAY IT HAS HAPPENED
IN AT LEAST 5 OTHER STATIONS about a year ago.

Can you say bye-bye to ramp jobs....

we work for gangsters........... :down: :down: :down:

We are doomed...............

BIGDOG said:
OUTSOURCE...CAN YOU SAY IT HAS HAPPENED
IN AT LEAST 5 OTHER STATIONS about a year ago.

Can you say bye-bye to ramp jobs....

we work for gangsters........... :down: :down: :down:

We are doomed...............
[post="237340"][/post]​

but in a miraclous happening should we survive wil you be mad as you were at a few of us today in our city?

The only question I care about....................
When my station is outsourced.....is there a severance packaged? ...or do we just go to the unemployement office?
Any chance of it happening real quick? What about compensation for sick time in the bank? SHOW ME SOMETHING SO I CAN LEAVE !!!

Latest posts