To All Fleet Service Personnel

diogenes

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
This carries enough weight to warrant it's own thread.

We are now aware of the snapback agreed to between the company and the CWA/IBT coalition. Congratulations to the CWA/IBT and the covered employees!

A similiar grievance between the company and the IAM is going forward. I suspect resolution is being hampered by the fact of a representation dispute between the IAM and TWU regarding fleet.

At some point a resolution will be reached, but the shape of that resolution is still in the air.

There are two issues surrounding this matter.

Will agents from express and outsourced stations be recalled?

If so, what will their seniority status be?

I believe it is basic justice for fleet service to have their furlough language restored to match that of c/s agents, mechanics, f/a's and pilots.

Fleet service is the SOLE GROUP to lose seniority after 60 days of furlough. ALL other groups furlough period is measured in years.

An example. Under the current rules, an IAM mechanic with 20 years service was furloughed 6/1/05. He is recalled 6/1/06. That mechanic accrued seniority for all purposes during furlough.

Contrast that to an IAM fleet agent with 20 years service furloughed on 6/1/05. If recalled 6/1/06, he lost all seniority for pay 8/1/05, and would have to start at the bottom of the pay scale if recalled any time after 8/1/05.

Prior to the last vote, fleet's recall rights approximated that of the other work groups.

I urge all fleet service employees reading this to contact their outsourced co-workers (sadly, everyone does not read US Aviation.com!).

I urge all fleet service employees to express their concerns to their AGC and D141.

Air Transport District Lodge 141, IAMAW
1771 Commerce Drive, Suite 103
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Phone: 847-640-2222
FAX: 947-640-2277

or,

navigate thru this

http://www.iam141.org/

Frankly, it wouldn't hurt to drop the CEO a line either, if someone will put it up for us.

Thanks for reading this and helping out.

Dio

It's sad, sad, sad , how our furloughed brother's and sister's continue to get screwed in Fleet Service. For another topic on seniority issues go to Welcome to Just Plane News.com and look in the General Discussion Forum under the topic, Seniority.

Dio,
You know like most smart union people Fleet service was manipulated and played like a violin by our AGC's. Most union workers are fearful and the AGC's know how to work them over. The AGC's have one main priority to keep the dues flowing to the district and international at all costs! We took massive pay cuts and benefit payment increases and what happened our dues was increased!
Why? To support the massive compensation packgages the AGC's recieve off our backs and wallets. Making 3 times the wages of a Full time FSA is nothing more than a disgrace.
So all the workers who now are having trouble paying there mortgages,car payments,insurance, putting clothes on there kids and food on there home tables remember where your dues dollar is going. The AGC's will have a wonderful Holiday season while the members they represent are trying to figure out how to heat there homes.

I think Dio your IAM screwed

can only hope that the IAM FSA loses their rights to be the union representing the FLeet Service AGEnts. And we can only hope that very soon that we can get back our cities that were sold out under the bus and mainline pay back.

I was furloughed on 5-8. Six months and 2 jobs later I'm happy and paying my bills, but health insurance runs out in 2 months and haven't been able to save a dime towards a very old age retirement. A snap back to the previous wage scale would certainly make me consider coming back but I'm not holding my breath. Somehow the IAM would have to make a considerable gain before they would bother to give thought to the 500-600 agents that were outsourced this year.

IAM should be working on all outsourced cities at this time
or rank and file should consider job action and those outsourced should consider class action law suit

Dag-nab-it guys, you need to wise us. The IAM for fleet service agents, is as usless as "teets-on-a-boar-hog."
They are there....they just don't do anything. Never have, never will. IAM is like a very heavily padded bra... your impression is that there is a lot there, then later, you find out you have been deceived. In my opinion, IAM never wanted fleet. Never did, never will. They are a mechanics union!!! They ain't gonna really fight for fleet, but they will take your dues. When was the last time the IAM asked fleet agents what they wanted?

I, until retirement, was in a small city. Our AGC had 6 or so stations. The only time we saw him was when he came to town to visit his family, which lived about 1 hrs drive from the airport. He never represented us. He never addressed issues. The IAM always reminded me of the governor in the movie "Best Little Whore House in Texas." They can do a great "side-step" dance....even sing a decent song, while doing the dance, telling you what a great job they are doing.

You guys from the IAM outsourced cities. Contine to collect your unemployment until it runs out....then get on with your lives outside US Airways. IAM is not going to get you anything. Your best bet is to look at the IAM and US like you would a marriage that didn't work out. Put them both in you past, and work towards a new future. If by some strange fate, you could go back, be honest, would you really WANT to go back?

The IBT does not represent the ramp at HP.

And I guess it is easier for all of you to blame the IAM instead of looking in the mirror as you are the IAM and what did you do make things better?

Why is your anger not at the company, the judge and the lawmakers who let US Airways get away with everything by filing bankruptcy twice?

And bottom line is your brothers and sisters in fleet service ratified every single concessionary agreement put in front of them.

But I guess it is easier to blame the IAM instead of yourselves and the company.

The IBT does not represent the ramp at HP.

And I guess it is easier for all of you to blame the IAM instead of looking in the mirror as you are the IAM and what did you do make things better?

Why is your anger not at the company, the judge and the lawmakers who let US Airways get away with everything by filing bankruptcy twice?

And bottom line is your brothers and sisters in fleet service ratified every single concessionary agreement put in front of them.

But I guess it is easier to blame the IAM instead of yourselves and the company.
Look who is here-- the national blowhard for the IAM. NO matter how they manage to screw up people’s lives 700 can be found on here blaming the membership who are on the receiving end on the shaft while he tries to deflect the much deserved blame the IAM earned onto the affected membership. It's sad, pathetic and shameful that an IAM hack man gets on here knowing its members got the royal shaft only to point fingers at the hurting membership instead of where it actually should be pointed which is the sorry overpaid pathetic leadership that is the IAM

Look who it is the union hating EX-US Airways employee.

When you call people names and insult them the rest of your post means nothing.

Just like you mean nothing as you have no idea.

How many unions are there at GE?

If like is so great for you why do you keep coming back to the boards and spew your venom? Got nothing better to do?

If you want to call names and insult me then be my guest, not very Christian of you, but you are nothing more then a hypocrite and you know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

Look who it is the union hating EX-US Airways employee.

When you call people names and insult them the rest of your post means nothing.

Just like you mean nothing as you have no idea.

How many unions are there at GE?

If like is so great for you why do you keep coming back to the boards and spew your venom? Got nothing better to do?

If you want to call names and insult me then be my guest, not very Christian of you, but you are nothing more then a hypocrite and you know EXACTLY what I am talking about.
700 you are a born loser, the world knows this, you make sure with every post

given that membership accepted these negotiated contract modifications......between union and company....
was it the best deal possible at the time in the industry??
or cold it have been much worse??
AMFA NW come to mind?? :eek:

Latest posts