To All Fleet Service Personnel

Because the company did not want to get rid of 50% of the CWA jobs and the CWA backed down on the outsourcing issues in return of a payoff for the employees that left.

The members could have rejected the final offers and taken on the company, a strike or threat of one would have given the membership some leverage, but they voted not to strike and to accept the company's final offers.

Blame your PHL reps for the catering fiasco, that was why fleet did not reach an agreement.

The mechanic and related gave the company a full proposal that met their targets but the company rejected it as it kept too many people on the payroll, that was their words exactly.

The only downfall for the IAM was they should have started talking to the company earlier, but that relationship was ruined by the airbus outsourcing.

But in reality you have to be angry with the company they are the ones who created this mess and threw the final offer to you.

My original job was outsourced, I know exactly how you feel and where you are coming from.

how come the mechanics right then and there tell the company fine, we go on strike? to me may be that is what could have been needed to show the company "hey you treat us better and may be we could get an agreement" as for fleet, the iam clowns that came to our city and to MDT got nailed in the corners at both places. they couldnt even figure out how to answer a question or questions without getting defensively.

Because the membership has to vote and they did not vote to strike, there are still laws that must be followed.

Striking without rejecting a contract or the absence of a major dispute is against the Railway Labor Act.

I can't speak for fleet as I am not one of them.

I know during the two ratification meetings at two differant cities I was attending every question asked of me was answered and then they voted.

My original job was outsourced, I know exactly how you feel and where you are coming from.
See you finally admit to the world that your job is now basically based on the IAM, therefore if they "IAM" are there so are you, and if not you are gone. This is why you are always playing the IAM's tunes for them. To say otherwise is simple dishonestly. I am NOT slamming you or bashing you, but just pointing out FACTS so the masses can see where you're coming from and weigh your words accordingly.

See you finally admit to the world that your job is now basically based on the IAM, therefore if they "IAM" are there so are you, and if not you are gone. This is why you are always playing the IAM's tunes for them. To say otherwise is simple dishonestly. I am NOT slamming you or bashing you, but just pointing out FACTS so the masses can see where you're coming from and weigh your words accordingly.

He has admitted this before. Your post has nothing to do with "snap backs" :)

Sorry to burst your stalker's bubble.

But the members voted to accept the company's final offer which outsourced line utility, but I am fortunate enough to have time in a higher classification which I bid too.

Wrong again, I am there because I hold seniority like the rest of the employees still there.

Maybe you need to relax and move on since you are not an IAM member nor a US employee anymore, your hatred of the IAM is not healthy. Move on with your life.

Because the membership has to vote and they did not vote to strike, there are still laws that must be followed.

Striking without rejecting a contract or the absence of a major dispute is against the Railway Labor Act.

I can't speak for fleet as I am not one of them.

I know during the two ratification meetings at two differant cities I was attending every question asked of me was answered and then they voted.
Fleet did take a strike vote which I know passed. As for the contract itself, well the only way it passed was the addition of PVD and BDL. How come the mechanics didnt get the vote choice to strike?

The mechanics did vote on a strike and they rejected it.

Also I was told Fleet did not vote to strike.

But neither matters when both groups ratified the company's final offer it makes a strike a mute point.

See, I don't understand why the airbus outsourcing should affect fleet.

700, you always, and correctly, in my view, make a distinction between fleet and mechs.

That being the case, why should the rupture in mech/company relations spill over into company/fleet talks?

"The only downfall for the IAM was they should have started talking to the company earlier, but that relationship was ruined by the airbus outsourcing."

Could it be fleet has always played the subordinate role to mechs? I believe that to be the case.

Moreover, what was presented to fleet was NOT the initial final offer. At the informational meeting, Canale and Armedio spend 3/4 of the meeting explaining how they had "improved" the offer.

I have every reason to believe when the company and GE demanded that 'x' bodies be cut from the payroll, they didn't care if it was catering or class II stations.

Catering has the luxury of being in the major stations, where all of the IAM reps are.

Class II stations have never been represented at IAM (no AGC's, VP's or negotiating committee members from class II stations - ever).

Class II stations had bou-cou seniority, especially vis a vis catering. So the effect was to throw a bunch of middle aged and older employees out on the street.

Not hard to figure who was going to come out on the short end of that stick.

Well Fleet has its own district and reps what fleet does has nothing to do with the mechanic and related as we have our own reps and differant district.

All the shots about when talks should begin were given from The Grand Lodge.

Let me explain this once again.

Dues are set by the local level, not the international.

GO read you local lodge bylaws to see how your local calculates them.

More then likely it is two times the wieghted hourly wage.
It is all IAM
Need to keep paying you

It was a final offer, not a negotiated agreement, do you understand what that means?

The company and the union DID NOT reach an agreement.

That may be half true in regards to the mechanic and related offer, But most of the agreement, at least 75% was negotiated. There still is some very good language left.The company would not offer to keep work in pit just out of the goodness of their hearts. What did the rest of the membership LOSE for the intersests of pit thru the actions of bill and frank?? :down: The split in the negotiating committee hurt the members, and that is not how a union should operate. We (the dues paying members) will never know the whole truth. :angry: But as long as you keep giving us valuable info on this site we learn more and more everyday!! :up:

I have to disagree, maybe 25% of what is in the final offer was improved after the company gave the first final offer to the committee.

The M&R committee was at CCY till after midnight that day.

Ask your reps, they will answer your questions.

And I am a dues paying member.

This thread was started to give the furloughed FSA's from the class II cities information about the wage snap back grievance and also to come up with some sort of pro-active initiative to influence the IAM and/or Doug Parker as to why it would be advantageous to all parties to provide an incentive for experienced agents to return to the company.

How do we experienced furloughed FSA's accomplish this goal? I think our best bet lies with Doug. Not because he's a nice guy but because money talks and bull_hit walks. Consider just two points:

A/C incidents since furloughs. Increase or decrease? Did the furloughs decrease expenses or increase them?

How many FSA would actually comeback? Perhaps a nice balance could be achieved between experience and new folks off the street at starting wages.

I would not waste my time writing if I did not sense a new found optimism since AWA has taken over. I would rather suffer acceptable economic hardship than return to the old U but it seems that a corner has been turned.

Latest posts