700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
June 3, 2004

US Airways Update

To All District 141 Members at US Airways:

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

The recent change in CEO’s has prompted membership questions on whether the IAM will begin concessionary negotiations with US Airways to address the carrier’s latest financial crisis.

The change in CEO has no effect on the Machinist Unions position. The IAM does not believe shredding up labor agreements is necessary to provide cost savings.

We are eager to work with US Airways to implement the cost savings proposals we have already presented to the airline. These member-developed proposals would help US Airways run a more efficient operation, which is the key to a successful airline.

To that end, we are prepared to meet with US Airways to discuss our cost savings ideas, but we are not entering into negotiations to change our contract.

Sincerely and fraternally,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President & Directing General Chairman
IAM District 141

CC,

Maybe you if knew as much as you try to follow the CEO around first Dave and now Bruce you would know Randy Canale is a UAL employee.

SalesGuyCCY said:
Great letter..I hope he's the FIRST to lose his job! Is he CLUELESS or what?!!?!?
Maybe you should give more since you are the one so worried. Are you trying to protect your cushy job and are you worried about not being able to find another job? Then give until it hurts and then give more. Maybe a 50% or more paycut would be in order. At least you will still have a job. My job is crummy and I have not intentions of doing it for any less. I say shut it down if that is what it takes.

SalesGuyCCY said:
Great letter..I hope he's the FIRST to lose his job! Is he CLUELESS or what?!!?!?
I strongly suggest for your peace of mind, find other employment, because this baby is in serious question.... Welcome to the party!!

ATTENTION CAPTAIN: Guess the IAM didn’t hear your pain remarks :p :D :lol:

I find it pathetic these bums want us to give more to save their jobs. Let them pay their own way. No more free ride.

-Ante up it is your bet.

pitguy said:
My job is crummy and I have not intentions of doing it for any less.
I am not usually one to say if it is so bad to quit, but if this is your true feeling about your job then why are you still working at it?

SalesGuyCCY

What have you given up to help this company, besides being smug ?

All you do is rant and rave about everyone else....

You want everybody else to save your job!.....

You think, we really believe that you care about anybody that posts here and their job....LOL...LOL... You have done little to hide your "true intensions"...

When the Titanic went down to its cold, dark, dank, murky, grave at the bottom of the ocean.... so did alot of its "know it all " pompous, self rightess staff members and leaders....

There is a saying that "what goes around...comes around"...

I believe when a person exhibits smugness...It demonstrates that.... The person is worried...VERY worried...about your "own job"...

You are trying your best to try to intimidate with..."You will be out of work"....lol

You are trying to press the company line to gain favor...of your bosses....

But, people who kiss up to their bosses are not respected...by them...And do not comand respect as those with employees with backbone...

Boy...You must be really scared about the future :shock:

N628AU said:
I am not usually one to say if it is so bad to quit, but if this is your true feeling about your job then why are you still working at it?

:up: I just want to stick around to vote 'no' then I will leave along with everyone else. :up:

SalesGuyCCY said:
You are up awfully late to reply. 1:35 a.m.?? Guess with your flex hours, you can get to work anytime you like.

Actually, it will be great if you are first to exit the building. Which I am sure you will do when Lakefield finally gets around to your group and lets you know what amount you'll be ponying up. Since you will only have two choices, here's hoping you will make the right one. ;)

I gave up double digit % in pay, so stop whining. My point is that those who'd rather vote "no" and shut the place down ought to leave and let others who want to stay and work, stay.

I'm just as committed and hard working in support of this company as anyone else. But face reality folks, the current union model no longer works for this company. Either the costs come down significantly or we all hit the road.

Wow. Some of you are so bitter. You work for a company that has not made a dime in YEARS and yet you still cling to the pipe-dream that the company can just pretend they have money and keep on paying the wages they do.

I sincerely hope US survives but some posters on this board seem determined to fail. Has it not occurred to you that even when "times were better" for the airline industry a few years ago (pre-9/11) the US Airways business model was broken??? Is it not obvious that US Airways (then and now) is a recipe for disaster unless radical changes are made?

You can point the finger at management if you want but at some point you really need to ask yourself who the bigger fool is - the idiots who manage the company or the idiots who keep looking to them for leadership?

If you are convinced that US Airways is so messed up, then don't just talk about greener pastures - go find them!!! But PLEASE leave what's left of US Airways to those who want to save it. If you prophecy doom-and-gloom, you just might get what you preach.

You have all failed to realize ALL unionized workers stepped up to the PLATE twice, this management has SQUANDERED over $1.2 Billion in cuts from labor and a billion from vendors.

There plan has failed, they have created battles with employees making them the enemy, they can't adhere to current contracts and now you expect them to step up to the plate once again to a management team that had failed misrably.

Why dont you just sign your checks over to them and stop telling others what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.