141 Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITRADE said:
Poor little tyke, you have my deepest sympathy.

You knew that coming into the job, so please cry elsewhere.
ITRADE wasn't speaking about just flight crews but all the DISPLACED employees systemwide (agents, mechanics, utility, etc) that live away from their homes and families to keep pulling a paycheck. It's not always as simple as it appears ITRADE.

EyeInTheSky said:
ITRADE wasn't speaking about just flight crews but all the DISPLACED employees systemwide (agents, mechanics, utility, etc) that live away from their homes and families to keep pulling a paycheck. It's not always as simple as it appears ITRADE.
There are lots of people that work elsewhere other than their house. I spent a total of 2.5 months from my house away from business in 2003 - in two to three week blocks. So, sympathy is not going to be forthcoming.

pitguy said:
:up: I just want to stick around to vote 'no' then I will leave along with everyone else. :up:
So you'll vote no even though you've already decided you don't have a stake in the outcome because you'll be gone anyway? That is truly the utmost in spitefulness.

ITRADE said:
There are lots of people that work elsewhere other than their house. I spent a total of 2.5 months from my house away from business in 2003 - in two to three week blocks. So, sympathy is not going to be forthcoming.
But you still have that house to go back to ITRADE, yes? I know a lot of people at US that don't have their homes anymore. Again, things are not as simple as you make them out to be.

US Airways needs to lower its unit costs across-the-baord to be competitive. That's for all of us, just not part of us. US Airways will have no option but to eliminate the mechanics and heavy maintenance if the IAM refuses to participate in the new business plan.

US Airways has publicly said, "The company’s long-standing offer to expedite arbitration of this issue remains in place and the company is willing to work with the IAM to explore ways to bring future Airbus heavy maintenance work in-house."

See Story

In a June 3 letter to its members the IAM-141 said "we are not entering into negotiations to change our contract."

US Airways has asked the IAM to negotiate and the IAM has refused, which is their choice, just like it's the company's choice to eliminate as many mechanics as they desire for not participating in the changing world.

However, the company does not have a lot of time to implement its plan and if the IAM stand in the way, they could place them slef in the "cross hairs".

"The things we need to do are apparent, and stringing them out while the world and most importantly, our financial partners, watch is not in our best interests," said Bruce Lakfield.

See Story

David Bronner has said "no single union will bring this company down" and the new business plan will go forward "with or without employees", therefore, it's easy to see how the IAM will become irrelevant to the process, which is their option.

If the company loses the arbitration they also have the option of filing a pre-packaged bankruptcy, preserving the equity, and then asking the court to reject the leases on the Charlotte maintenance base too.

See Story

This would further lower the airline's unit costs by eliminating all overhaul next year, similar in scope to what United Air Lines did. In addition, if this occurs I understand the company has hired bankruptcy law firm of Arnold and Porter as legal advisors, who are working on S.1113 motions, if necessary.

It's to bad because there is no question US Airways has some of the hardest working and best mechanics in the world, bar none, but again, it's their choice to lose their job, pay, and retirement.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Just one more point of clarification...

Management has indicated in private conversations in the airport, on the jumps seat etc., that if the IAM position does not change their new business plan postion, then the company will file a pre-packaged bankruptcy plan, the bankruptcy law firm of Arnold and Porter will lead the S.1113 effort to abbrogate the IAM contract, and not only will the Pittsburgh maintenance facility will be closed, but Charlotte too.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

You don't negotiate something that is all ready in your contract after two rounds of concessions.

The company lied, only 10 planes, planes 11 and 12 are they right now.

If you are so concerned, why dont you let Mesa pilots fly everything except the widebodies?

And no one will give this company DIP Financing with labor unrest.

So keep trying to post wrong information and wrong facts.

Lets see the proof of the hiring of Arnold and Porter, see I read yahoo too and saw where someone posted that without any supporting evidence.

But why do I waste my time, because you will never understand it?

And if the company is so concerned about cost savings why haven't the acted upon any of the $100 million provided to them by the IAM?

Why has the company not acted upon ANY non-labor cost reductions provided to them?

Please do us all a favor and stop trying to scare and indimidate grown men and women of the IAM who are quite capable of deciding thier own futures without your posts.

700UW:

I do not read Yahoo and the information came from management, who has told the pilot group.

We fully expect the company to file for bankruptcy and there is strong reason to believe the unions who do not participate in the new business plan will be in the company's "cross hairs" and their members will receive a "painful" experience.

Do what you want.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Just one more point of clarification...

Management has indicated in private conversations in the airport, on the jumps seat etc., that if the IAM position does not change their new business plan postion, then the company will file a pre-packaged bankruptcy plan, the bankruptcy law firm of Arnold and Porter will lead the S.1113 effort to abbrogate the IAM contract, and not only will the Pittsburgh maintenance facility will be closed, but Charlotte too.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
You know that is SEC violations, we know who you are and where you are based and . Maybe someone needs to notify them.

What the company is asking is unreasonable - period! USA320pilot people are taking a good hard look at where they personally stand with the company and will decide accordingly. There has never been a company that has cut their employee's wages as much as US Airways has (and continues to do) and survive. It's one thing to hire someone at $8.00 an hour; it's a WHOLE other animal to take someone that was making $21.00 and hour and put them down to $8.00 an hour. Do you get my drift? At somepoint each one of us has to look into the abyss that is called US Airways and say should this continue? That's an individual question that will be determined. Unfortunately, for you USA320pilot fate is NOT in you hands. I've come to accept that, a lot of employees have come to accept that. We are entering an era in aviation that is beyond what anyone would have predicted. We are entering the era where established airlines are no longer able to compete; this is the era of the start up airline and shut down airline. Yes, folks, get used to the idea of the term 'disposable airline'. When the airline gets too fat and dopey, shut it down, start up a new one. Why even get to the level of a senior workforce, its just easier to start a new airline. It's happened to a lot of other busineses. I guess it's the airlines' turn.

700UW said:
Lets see the proof of the hiring of Arnold and Porter, see I read yahoo too and saw where someone posted that without any supporting evidence.
Nice post edit to your reply.

BTW, I too have heard the A&P report - but from my legal circles, not from yahoo or any aviation board.

They're a good firm and quite capable in all facets of law - I've worked with them on several occasions.

Do not expect them to Abbrogate Just the IAM contracts. Expect them all to Fall. After that, we can expect PDT/ALG to FLy jets without the Mainline Pilots position. And MY SOURCES tell me to expect to see MESA B737-300's flying the system in USAirways Colors along side the CRJ-900's.

The IAM and its members will do what they want, so stop posting the same old dung time after time, you don't know anything about what will happen or what is going to happen, you are not a union rep, nor management or a senior executive, you are a regular employee, something you will never understand.

And you do not even know how 1113 works, the company CANNOT just file and expect an abrogation, something that has been pointed out to you time and time again, but I guess you even choose to ignore the laws just like you ignore the facts and truth all the time.

When a company files an 1113 the judge forces them to negotiate, not abrogate. When will you ever accept what reality is?

Let me inform you once again, maybe after the 50th posting of this information you can comprehend it!

Levine also went over all the procedures and steps in the bankruptcy codes. One item she covered in depth is the 1113 letter, which refers to the section of code that ensures that a company negotiates with the union before they seek abrogation of the labor agreement. When a company seeks protection, the agreement remains in effect. When a union negotiates an 1113 letter it secures an agreement with the company showing that the company will not seek further cuts from labor. To this date, no company that has had an 1113 letter negotiated has ever asked the court to abrogate it.

Companies that request abrogation of the labor agreement but it must meet the following nine (9) distinct requirements:

1. The debtor in possession must have made a proposal to the union.
2. The proposal must be based upon the most complete and reliable information available at the time of the proposal.
3. The modification must be necessary to permit reorganization.
4. The modification must provide that all affected parties be treated fairly and equitably.
5. The debtor must provide the union with such relevant information as is necessary to evaluate the proposal.
6. The debtor must have met with the collective bargaining representative at the reasonable times subsequent to making the proposal.
7. The debtor must have negotiated with the union concerning the proposal in good faith.
8. The union must have refused to accept the proposal with good cause.
9. The balance of the equities must clearly favor rejection of the agreement.

700UW said:
You know that is SEC violations, we know who you are and where you are based and . Maybe someone needs to notify them.
Ya wanna cite to us the particular section of the SEC regs that it violates?

Can you even tell me in what publication the SEC regs are published?

Do it without having to google it.

BTW, we also know who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.