141 Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
SalesGuyCCY said:
I gave up double digit % in pay, so stop whining. My point is that those who'd rather vote "no" and shut the place down ought to leave and let others who want to stay and work, stay.

I'm just as committed and hard working in support of this company as anyone else. But face reality folks, the current union model no longer works for this company. Either the costs come down significantly or we all hit the road.
Well I'd say taking our work and throwing tons of mechanics in the streets would bring costs down. But I guess that just isn't enough for you or the other posters on here telling pitguy and all of us to just resign and move on if we are going to vote no.

You and your kind are telling us to face reality, well lets turn this baby around and you too face reality, because without the IAM behind management, which of course that are not, then management better decide how to use the costs presented to them by the IAM, change the business model, or have a close out sale.

What you and the captain and other like minded posters fail to understand is this reality: The more you preach to us about voting YES for more blood letting the harder our collective resolve becomes.

I suggest if the stress is getting to you that bad, you either seek counseling or find another job ASAP.

HELL! Even the government is voting no this round!

700UW said:
June 3, 2004

US Airways Update

To All District 141 Members at US Airways:

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

The recent change in CEO’s has prompted membership questions on whether the IAM will begin concessionary negotiations with US Airways to address the carrier’s latest financial crisis.

The change in CEO has no effect on the Machinist Unions position. The IAM does not believe shredding up labor agreements is necessary to provide cost savings.

We are eager to work with US Airways to implement the cost savings proposals we have already presented to the airline. These member-developed proposals would help US Airways run a more efficient operation, which is the key to a successful airline.

To that end, we are prepared to meet with US Airways to discuss our cost savings ideas, but we are not entering into negotiations to change our contract.

Sincerely and fraternally,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President & Directing General Chairman
IAM District 141
This thing is coming down to the arbitration case, no doubt about it.
Time will tell.

regards,

Tim

DL 142's mechanic and related arbitration case has nothing to with 141's membership.

Nobody wants to see anybody get hurt, but if the IAM refuses to work with the company on the new business plan, then the company has let it be known that they will be put into the "cross hairs".

What sickens me is that the world has changed, we all know it, and many of our great mechanics, some of the best in the business, are going to get badly hurt, especially in PIT and CLT where there are too many mechanics for to few low paying jobs outside the industry.

The company believes it will win the A320 overhaul, they have positioned them self to close the Pittsburgh maintenance facility, begun to outsource other maintenance functions, are now firing mechanics for poor performance, and have let it be known they have other tricks up their sleeve.

In addition, David Bronner told ALPA members in "open session" no employee group will prevent the restructuring from going forward (Inferring the IAM) and that the new business plan will go forward "with or without employeesâ€￾.

If the mechanics do not want to participate they do not have to. In my opinion, management has indicated the plan will go forward and management will just eliminate the mechanics and make the IAM irrelevant to the process.

IF the IAM loses the arbitration, they will have no leverage and could badly hurt. In the meantime, the company has let it be know the IAM pain will intensify.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

SalesGuyCCY said:
I gave up double digit % in pay, so stop whining. My point is that those who'd rather vote "no" and shut the place down ought to leave and let others who want to stay and work, stay.

I'm just as committed and hard working in support of this company as anyone else. But face reality folks, the current union model no longer works for this company. Either the costs come down significantly or we all hit the road.
I am not whining Sales Guy. Just giving my opinion the same as you.

However, I am reading and posting on my own time. If you are a Sales Guy CCY, and most mgt people work Monday - Friday 9 - 5, you must be using company resources and company time to respond to my post. Seems that this would be unethical according to USAirways. Please turn yourself in at the first Manager office you come to. :p :p

Blah, Blah, Blah.

The company all ready asked the aribter for an executive session to discuss damages as they know they are going to lose.

Well let whatever happens happen!!!! Seems like we have been in the company's "crosshairs" for quite some time now. And in my opinion as I have said before I see no point in voting away my own job. I have witnessed many violations in our current and previous contracts agreed upon by the IAM AND the company. I really don't believe that if we gave again there would be a corporate change with this company.

No matter how much Kool-Aide I consume or how dark the "rose colored" glasses may be, I see no good coming a U no matter what some of you believe. Bring on a vote as I think it will be a bit more that 53% voting No this time. Most are just fed up and wish this to end. The rest of you that are scared S******* with the fact that life as you know it at U is coming to an end........sorry and hopefully you are prepared.....

320, can you explain to me what "work with the company" means. Management wants to outsource heavy maintnenace. Whats to negotiate?

Farming out heavy would be like hiring contract pilots to fly the 320's? That is the closest example I can think of........ :p

Schatzee said:
However, I am reading and posting on my own time. If you are a Sales Guy CCY, and most mgt people work Monday - Friday 9 - 5, you must be using company resources and company time to respond to my post. Seems that this would be unethical according to USAirways. Please turn yourself in at the first Manager office you come to. :p :p
Huh? What are you talking about?

SalesGuy's two posts were 9:35 p.m. and 8:35 a.m.

I know several folks at CCY that start work at 10:00 am.

And I know plenty that start at 9:00 a.m. and work until about 7:00 pm or 8:00 pm.

ITRADE there are a lot of people at this company that put in 14 plus hour days! And they don't get to go home and sleep in their own bed everynight. Don't go there.

EyeInTheSky said:
ITRADE there are a lot of people at this company that put in 14 plus hour days! And they don't get to go home and sleep in their own bed everynight. Don't go there.
Poor little tyke, you have my deepest sympathy.

You knew that coming into the job, so please cry elsewhere.

USA320Pilot said:
Nobody wants to see anybody get hurt, but if the IAM refuses to work with the company on the new business plan, then the company has let it be known that they will be put into the "cross hairs".

What sickens me is that the world has changed, we all know it, and many of our great mechanics, some of the best in the business, are going to get badly hurt, especially in PIT and CLT where there are too many mechanics for to few low paying jobs outside the industry.

The company believes it will win the A320 overhaul, they have positioned them self to close the Pittsburgh maintenance facility, begun to outsource other maintenance functions, are now firing mechanics for poor performance, and have let it be known they have other tricks up their sleeve.

In addition, David Bronner told ALPA members in "open session" no employee group will prevent the restructuring from going forward (Inferring the IAM) and that the new business plan will go forward "with or without employeesâ€￾.

If the mechanics do not want to participate they do not have to. In my opinion, management has indicated the plan will go forward and management will just eliminate the mechanics and make the IAM irrelevant to the process.

IF the IAM loses the arbitration, they will have no leverage and could badly hurt. In the meantime, the company has let it be know the IAM pain will intensify.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
I just don't understand why you feel so compelled to point out what IAM members obviously already know. You shouldn't patronize people so much A320pilot. I guess it galls you that people that don't agree with your philosophy on US Airways could possible cost you your job. This is the airline business and it's a team sport. There are people that hold a defensive line and there are those that contiunally miss tackles. Sorry A320pilot but you're missing the tackles and allowing the other team to score. Problem is you want everyone else to fall down with you on the field. This isn't going to happen despite your sissy cheerleader tactics. Siss, boom, bah this!

Status
Not open for further replies.