linemech

Advanced
Nov 5, 2003
PIT
Visit site
Posted on IAM LL1976 web page 6-04-04

To All District 141 Members at US Airways:

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

The recent change in CEO’s has prompted membership questions on whether the IAM will begin concessionary negotiations with US Airways to address the carrier’s latest financial crisis.

The change in CEO has no effect on the Machinist Unions position. The IAM does not believe shredding up labor agreements is necessary to provide cost savings.

We are eager to work with US Airways to implement the cost savings proposals we have already presented to the airline. These member-developed proposals would help US Airways run a more efficient operation, which is the key to a successful airline.

To that end, we are prepared to meet with US Airways to discuss our cost savings ideas, but we are not entering into negotiations to change our contract.
Sincerely and fraternally,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President & Directing General Chairman
IAM District 141

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time will tell if this contract will have changes or not, as I seem to
have heard this line before in some form or another.

If US Airways was prepared to implement the cost savings proposals the IAM has
already presented to the airline, it would have done so . (MILLIONS OF DOLLORS AGO)

linemech

Line mech, that has all ready been posted and that is the ramp's district.

IAM did nothing for me sold down the river ,4000 dollars in dues for what,
all you loyal members tell me.

28yrsnojob said:
IAM did nothing for me sold down the river ,4000 dollars in dues for what,
all you loyal members tell me.
Here we go again.

Why don't you post the whole truth?

You made the choice not to move, you could have transfered to keep your employment like thousands of others have done with this company.

Accept the fact YOU made the CHOICE, not the IAM or the company.

IAM is going to make me rich...

I am considering selling the Sept $2.50 calls at $0.80 on Monday.

You guys will have UAir in BK by september right??

linemech said:
Posted on IAM LL1976 web page 6-04-04

To All District 141 Members at US Airways:

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

The recent change in CEO’s has prompted membership questions on whether the IAM will begin concessionary negotiations with US Airways to address the carrier’s latest financial crisis.

The change in CEO has no effect on the Machinist Unions position. The IAM does not believe shredding up labor agreements is necessary to provide cost savings.

We are eager to work with US Airways to implement the cost savings proposals we have already presented to the airline. These member-developed proposals would help US Airways run a more efficient operation, which is the key to a successful airline.

To that end, we are prepared to meet with US Airways to discuss our cost savings ideas, but we are not entering into negotiations to change our contract.
Sincerely and fraternally,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President & Directing General Chairman
IAM District 141

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time will tell if this contract will have changes or not, as I seem to
have heard this line before in some form or another.

If US Airways was prepared to implement the cost savings proposals the IAM has
already presented to the airline, it would have done so . (MILLIONS OF DOLLORS AGO)

linemech
:D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFL! LAMO!!!!!!

We've HEARD THAT LOAD OF CRAP BEFORE!!!! Just before you forced a "second vote" and thew thousands of your "brothers" on the streets.

FULL PAY TO THE LAST DAY, DAMMIT!

If you're looking to save some money. Visit your boardroom. I think those greedsters could get by on a middle class lifestyle. Visit your cockpits. I think a few more pilots need to sell the Porche and put the kid in community college, like the rest of the real world. It's pathetic that we pay glorified bus drivers what we pay freakin' brain surgeons.

Would you like fries with that?

I really don't think pilots are overpaid. I do believe they can give back more though in comparison to the fellow employee who makes much less. Its easier to go from $200,000 per USA320 to $150,000 and thats already with his givebacks than to go to $15,000 from $25,000 or $30,000 from $40,000 IMHO. In good times those who make the most get the most and vice versa. Savy

Anybody that thinks their union is not going to at least talk to U is dreaming, if for no other reason, they don't want to try to sell 'the concession stand is closed' to the judge.

All I hear is…they will get what they want in BK court…Well folks, a 2nd BK is a HUGE GAMBLE for U. If all they want to do is void agreements the other sides could make some really good arguments in S1113 letters.

They are walking a tight rope... I would say it’s less than 50/50 in their favor if they do. Judges don't like to see the same party in their court rooms very often.

Soon or later you lose..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

SL

savyinvestor said:
I really don't think pilots are overpaid. I do believe they can give back more though in comparison to the fellow employee who makes much less. Its easier to go from $200,000 per USA320 to $150,000 and thats already with his givebacks than to go to $15,000 from $25,000 or $30,000 from $40,000 IMHO. In good times those who make the most get the most and vice versa. Savy
Soory Savy:

You have joined the ranks of the misinformed. There are only about 5% of the Pilots that earn that whopping $200,000 that everyone seems to be using as the benchmark for ALL Pilots pay. And those individuals have 30 plus years of safely carrying pasengers through all kinds of weather throughout North America, the Bahamas and Caribbean and Europe.

Also, what premium does one place on a job where one could easily be involved in an accident or incident where damge to the equipment they sign for could be in the multi-million dollar range. Or God forbid, be involved in an aircraft accident where people are hurt or worse.

What other "office" at an airline requires one to lock the door during operations and leave only long enough to go to the bathroom. Anyone else have armed individuals assigned to their workplace? (Well maybe Siegel's bodyguards)

Your darn right Pilots are not overpaid.

And could you expand on your convoluted logic that just because Pilots are paid more, it's easier for them to contribute a disproportianate share of the givebacks.
(Which by the way, already have.)

Even Mr. Lakefield has stated no one group will bear the burden this time around.
If the number is a 20% Pay Cut then it should be across the board.

It's a matter of choices. Pilots chose their profession and trained for it either by spending 7-10 years in the military or obtained the required FAA Certificates and minimum experience by working their tails off as Flight Instructors or Commuter, Corporate, Air-Taxi, or Ag Pilots.

Until MESA lowered the bar for minimum qualifications, most pilots had a minimum of 2000 flight hours. Now many MESA CAPTAINS have this lofty sum of flying time. Plenty of MESA First Officers barely have 500 hours total time! Contrast this with the current experience level at Mainline or US Wholly Owneds. A typical Mainline Two Pilot Crew will have a minimum of 30,000 hours combined. Allegheny just had a Captain retire with 34 years at the company.

Their pay is woefully low for their level of responsibilty. Even though the aircraft may be smaller, the operating environment is the same. When most of them signed up they were looking forward to low pay for a few years and then upward movement to a Mainline position. Now they ARE the mainline. The best they can hope for now is a job with SWA, Jet Blue or AirTran. Right now it appears they will be the Big Three of the 21st Century.

Sorry Savy, I let this thread drift just a bit. But I hope you get my drift!

If you were a 30 year capt you would be on the 330, Chip flies the 320 and informed the board he makes $200,000. So who is right you a f/a or the pilot who knows what he earns?

Like I said its just my opinion. Right or wrong I don't know. All I know is I could live going from $150,000 to$100,000, but $30,000 to $15,00 is pretty iffy. The $200,000 figure comes from USA320 who flys a 320. Savy

Latest posts