1st Q Numbers look great!

I saw the following on MarketWatch but haven't seen anywhere else.  I know that LUV was going to present yesterday at JPMorgan and am assuming that it stated there.

"In the release on Wednesday, the airline confirmed its outlook for passenger revenues for the first quarter 2015 of 6%-7% growth, compared with the same quarter last year."  If that's the case, it's great news.  Also in Marketwatch they mentioned that instead of paying 1.90 a galleon it was going to be closer to 2.00/g.

Much better than flat to negative Revenue. 

not sure who you think has flat to negative revenue but you are likely misreading other people's financial statements.

neither AA or UA so far as I know have updated their revenue guidance in the past couple days.

DL did.

DL said RASM will be down 1% but REVENUE will be up. DL's system capacity for Feb was UP 6%.

the combination of those two is for REVENUE to be UP, not flat to negative.

WN said that RASM will be up but did not provide guidance on 1st quarter capacity.

RASM is revenue per SEAT MILE.

not sure what you are referring to with your flat to negative comment but it would appear to be another backhanded - and incorrect statement but something that doesn't know what they are talking about.

does this plane go to paris said:
I saw the following on MarketWatch but haven't seen anywhere else.  I know that LUV was going to present yesterday at JPMorgan and am assuming that it stated there.

"In the release on Wednesday, the airline confirmed its outlook for passenger revenues for the first quarter 2015 of 6%-7% growth, compared with the same quarter last year."  If that's the case, it's great news.  Also in Marketwatch they mentioned that instead of paying 1.90 a galleon it was going to be closer to 2.00/g.

Much better than flat to negative Revenue.
I have not read anything as of yet, but I do know that 2015 numbers should be better than 2014. More growth is expected in 2015.

having relatively small operations in NYC and BOS are a big part of the reason.

and this doesn't necessarily include cancellations... when those are known at the airports that were most affected by delays, then it becomes clear if WN just bailed from flying when the weather got bad or really changed much.

Detailed DOT data for Feb by airport won't be out for months but unaudited (not submitted to DOT) data is available from a number of sources.

considering the drag that int'l has been for other carriers, a RASM gain of only 1% is not terribly impressive.

I strongly suspect that other carriers will produce stronger domestic RASMs for the quarter than WN will for its system - which is almost entirely domestic.

yes they do what?

do you want to bet on whether WN's domestic RASM increase will be the best of the big 4's in the first quarter for domestic which is what WN is?

Great news for all airlines.  I still will be pleasantly surprised if we do break the previous record prior to the 2007 recession, but it all spells out trouble for us folks who fly stand by for the next few months. Crowded planes indeed.  DAL may get to 90% plus LF.

Spring Airline Traffic To Reach Seven-Year High

swamt, I've had to alter many of plans because high load factors.  It's been a Catch 22, I've gotten the Chase Visa and made Companion Pass but I LUV what the stock price is doing because of high load factors and LUV making money.  In the end, I'll take the money and either wait at the airport or spend a little money here and there for a ticket when needed.

B6 just reported its traffic and had a higher RASM increase on a larger increase in capacity.

B6 like WN is almost entirely domestic so it is a good indicator of how domestic is performing.

And I still will bet that even among the big 4, WN's RASM increase for the quarter will not be as big as domestic for at least one of the big 3.

does this plane go to paris said:
swamt, I've had to alter many of plans because high load factors.  It's been a Catch 22, I've gotten the Chase Visa and made Companion Pass but I LUV what the stock price is doing because of high load factors and LUV making money.  In the end, I'll take the money and either wait at the airport or spend a little money here and there for a ticket when needed.
I hear you paris.  The same for all of us. Now with sping break in full force it will be a very hard time to travel NR...

Back