1st Q Numbers look great!

the hundreds of passengers at MEM doesn't begin to make up for the thousands that have been lost in ATL. but glad that MEM is picking up a few more seats

in related news, Spirit is now part of the DOT ontime report and is posting very poor statistics - not terribly a surprise - while WN showed great improvement.

for the month of Jan, the top five airlines in on-time were DL with 86.1%, HA 85.5, AS 84.6, Virgin America 82.2, and WN with 79.1

Spirit was 10th out of 13 airlines with 71.9 which include a couple regional carriers and F9 was 12.

also with this DOT report there is no longer any FL flights so WN reports solely on its own.

AA continues to include AA and US which report separately but are rolled up into one total.

!st Q coming soon.  I have read where some are predicting a 250% increase over last years 1Q...

"Southwest announced today that the Company flew 10.2 billion revenue miles in March 2015,  a 6.7% from the the 9.6 RPM's flown in March 2014.  ASM's increased 4.4% to 12.1 Billion from the March 2014 level of 11.6 Billion.  The March 2015 Load Factor 84.5%, compared with 82.7% in March 2014.  PRASM is estiamted to have increased 1.0%, compared to March 2014.

There is an Allstate commnercial where there is a man and woman sittinng at a cafe, drinking a cup of coffee and the woman is holding a check from Allstate for having no accidents.  She states that she's heard the arguement, appeartently often, that men are better drivers.  Reminds me of the often told tale here on these boards that a certain airline is much better.

The only point that the DATA, not your silly commercials prove, is that WN is not exposed to the international market where currency issues are the problem not just for US airlines but also for US businesses that ACROSS THE BOARD are citing the strong dollar as being a problem with their earnings.

DL and WN are both fairly aggressively adding domestic capacity while also managing to fill it. there is nothing unique about what WN is doing.

We have YET to see AA's traffic report and just got UA's traffic report for last month over a week into the new month but the real surprise is that UA appears to be successfully adding int'l capacity in Asia and Latin America while pulling back to Europe which is basically opposite of what DL did at least in Europe and Asia. perhaps it is because DL and UA are each fortifying their own top global markets (DL in Europe, UA in Asia) in the shoulder season while pulling down in their number 2 market and growing in their number 3 together that Dl and UA are both managing their int'l networks.

but UA is also not increasing domestic capacity while DL and WN are; AA previously said they would not.

So, it is very possible that the industry is doing as well as it is because carriers are focusing on their strength markets and not trying to grow where another carrier is stronger. The outlier is that DL and UA are growing to Latin America while AA likely continues to shrink there.

if that is true, it is good for each player in the industry... well AAlmost

does this plane go to paris said:
"Southwest announced today that the Company flew 10.2 billion revenue miles in March 2015,  a 6.7% from the the 9.6 RPM's flown in March 2014.  ASM's increased 4.4% to 12.1 Billion from the March 2014 level of 11.6 Billion.  The March 2015 Load Factor 84.5%, compared with 82.7% in March 2014.  PRASM is estiamted to have increased 1.0%, compared to March 2014.

There is an Allstate commnercial where there is a man and woman sittinng at a cafe, drinking a cup of coffee and the woman is holding a check from Allstate for having no accidents.  She states that she's heard the arguement, appeartently often, that men are better drivers.  Reminds me of the often told tale here on these boards that a certain airline is much better.
Some great numbers to start the 2015 Q's off.  Just to clarify a little on my previous statement, the 250% I mentioned before was about the profits for the 1Q.  A 250% increase would be substantial. 
"Silence" LOL great point...

From the article,

"...Southwest has the potenial to meet and exceed what investors are looking for and keep pushing its share price higher as a result..."

Under promise and over deliver?

Good article swamt, and here's to the stock price hopefully going up. 

I seem to recall that SWA usually liked anounce new ciites a couple of days before quartly reports.  Still waiting to hear what the last new city announcement will be.  I'd love to hear PTY or CTG.  Stopped at CTG and was amazed at what a beutiful city it was, espcially the older district.

Back