2003 Vacation bidding

B

bagsmasher

We have recently started vacation bidding for 2003, which was delayed due to the reduction in force. It has finally hit home with many of the senior AAer''s that they in fact were affected by senior TWAer''s going ahead of them on the company seniority list. A senior AAer''s at our station had early 80''s seniority or better, and could pick any week they wanted, until now. Not only do the TWAer''s go ahead of them, they also have the maximum 7 vacation weeks. Now you have to be a TWAer to bid the week of Christmas or New Years. Lot''s of grumbling going on by the formerly senior AAer''s. Thanks Don Carty, you really know how to build loyal employees.

Boo Hoo!!!! Get over it...
8.gif']

I wish I could get over it, but it looks as though Carty has inflicted a wound on his employees that will never heal.

Giving [EM]bought and paid for employees [/EM]more rights, benefits and senority at AA than those employees who have been there for many years and actually had a hand in building the company is nothing short of a definite sign of piss poor management, and management that is willing to bite the hand that feeds them while simultaneously stabbing that employee in the back.[BR][BR]This is how AA corporate shows it's appreciation for it's long time hard working employees. [STRONG][EM]Let none of you forget this![BR][BR][/EM][/STRONG]Personally, I'm waiting to hear the real grumbling begin after January 1st when employees start using their [EM]New and Improved health benefits[/EM]. Get your ear plugs ready for [EM]that [/EM]little[EM] [/EM]riot!

If you think vacation picks are bad wait until the layoffs start in January.The AA management sure knows how to treat its employees.AA management overall does not consider the employees vital to the long term success of AA.We are expendable in their eyes and a necessary evil for their chess board to accomplish the Corporate goals.This company spent too much energy on diversity issues and not enough time tending to the rapidly changing market in the airline business.Now our airline is dangerously outside the performance envelope and may not be recovered in time.

Hey man, I got my 20 in and have never been able to get the week of Christmas or Thanksgiving off. I just didn't have enough time even with the few TWAners on board. It takes about 27 to get XMAS week off.

(quote from Buck)

Nothing has ever stopped you from bidding to TUL. You can have Xmas week off, everyone can.

Yea, forced unpaid week off if you have no vacation time left.
WE can do the same at the line stations, the only difference is that we are not forced to take the week off.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/29/2002 10:17:22 AM bagsmasher wrote:

We have recently started vacation bidding for 2003, which was delayed due to the reduction in force. It has finally hit home with many of the "senior" AAer's that they in fact were affected by senior TWAer's going ahead of them on the company seniority list. A senior AAer's at our station had early 80's seniority or better, and could pick any week they wanted, until now. Not only do the TWAer's go ahead of them, they also have the maximum 7 vacation weeks. Now you have to be a TWAer to bid the week of Christmas or New Years. Lot's of grumbling going on by the formerly senior AAer's. Thanks Don Carty, you really know how to build loyal employees.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Hey Bags,

Nice to have you back. It seems that the board banter becomes boring in your absence, so keep this board alive.

Regarding vacation bids and the like, this is all continuing fodder for anti-TWU campaigning by other unions in the future.

Meanwhile, the TWU is increasing their coffers with hundreds of thousands $$$ yearly in union dues ( that's in STL alone )off X-TWAers. All this at a time when most unions in the country were losing membership due to 911, the TWU's actually increased.

You talk about loyalty, to whom and by whom? I ask.

It's the money, stupid.

Welcome Back, Bags