2014 Fleet Service Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalMover said:
The bigger picture is that you refuse to accept the fact that many mechanics abhor the TWU. If it is not AMFA, then another union. I would have voted for the IBT if they didn't screw us.
You could preach all you want how much you prefer the TWU and/or the alliance. that is fine. It will not change my mind or the minds of many a mechanic. 
And yes, my agenda is ridding myself of the TWU.. no matter how many attempts it takes. 
you believe the alliance will bring you better bargaining power.....good for you....
I believe otherwise.
I could care less who you or they abhor. That's between you and the TWU. And many mechanics is not enough mechanics because you've been trying to get in AMFA for 52 years now. For God's sake 52 years. Were you even alive when the first try happened?

But this is a fleet thread anyway. You're not gaining anything here and you're only making me want to harass you and your group more and more when I get home tonight once again.

I'd rather watch TV personally.

MetalMover said:
And yes, my agenda is ridding myself of the TWU.. no matter how many attempts it takes. 

Unless it's in a vote against the IAM or the IBT, in that scenario the choice would be TWU. Correct?

700UW said:
If they aren't in the same class and craft they CANT vote on your CBA.

Call the NMB.
I don't have to. We all voted collectively....Why do you think we are in the boat we are in?
Were you in this business in the 70's and 80s'? I was! 
There was NO separation between work groups. We ALL voted on one contract!

MetalMover said:
I don't have to. We all voted collectively....Why do you think we are in the boat we are in?
Were you in this business in the 70's and 80s'? I was! 
There was NO separation between work groups. We ALL voted on one contract!

Would you rather be in the 70's & 80's, when we all voted together OR today, where we all vote separately?

NYer said:

Would you rather be in the 70's & 80's, when we all voted together OR today, where we all vote separately?
Separate negotiations is the way to go for ALL work groups as they have their own needs and concerns.. 700 is not aware that we once all voted as one!

Just my opinion, but let's not spend too much time going back and forth on who is on this page and who shouldn't be. It's a public forum. That's the beauty of it, anyone can get on it. Heck, the main reason that I here most people read this is for the info. But people like to here all the different opinions on the info. Whether it's positive or negative. Most of the readers are able to pick out the sour apples. And most the sour apples have a reason why they are the way they are. Being a district officer for fleet, and being on the negotiating team, I personally like hearing all the opinions. Negative or positive. Hope Everyone has a Happy New Year!!

charlie Brown said:
Just my opinion, but let's not spend too much time going back and forth on who is on this page and who shouldn't be. It's a public forum. That's the beauty of it, anyone can get on it. Heck, the main reason that I here most people read this is for the info. But people like to here all the different opinions on the info. Whether it's positive or negative. Most of the readers are able to pick out the sour apples. And most the sour apples have a reason why they are the way they are. Being a district officer for fleet, and being on the negotiating team, I personally like hearing all the opinions. Negative or positive. Hope Everyone has a Happy New Year!!
What are you, Henry Kissinger?

JK, CB. Happy New Year to you too.

WeAAsles said:
What are you, Henry Kissinger?
JK, CB. Happy New Year to you too.
Lol. I liked Kissinger! Just saying, let the members here it all. I have nothing to hide. And you are more than capable of posting good info for the members. So let everyone, ( even the sour apples ) be heard so the members can here it all. As much as my buddy Nelson and I have went at it on here over the years. I actually am glad he gets on here to let the members here another opinion. Even though we disagree 90% of the time.

Happy New Years to ALL and CHEERS !  The ASSOCIATION is a done deal . Spread the word . AMFA has left the Station MetalHeads. Move on for a BBD. PEACE !

psa8979 said:
Happy New Years to ALL and CHEERS !  The ASSOCIATION is a done deal . Spread the word . AMFA has left the Station MetalHeads. Move on for a BBD. PEACE !
Rock and Roll or Lock and Load. Where's Cargo?

WeAAsles said:
Rock and Roll or Lock and Load. Where's Cargo?
Cargo doesn't really get on here and talk about BS. If you want cargo back on. Let's get back to getting a better JCBA for the members. Then he will show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back