2015 AMT Discussion

chilokie1 said:

The issue has always been with the TWU leadership on the international level, the failures in the past by the TWU in my humble
opinion were caused because the Local Presidents do not have the final authority and the ability to run the TWU at the airline level.
 The sad thing is (once again just my opinion) is that the perceived failures of the TWU by its membership are considered
victories in the eyes of the TWU international.  
This is the thing you guys aren't getting yet. The TWU is not some evil computer that was programmed to screw mechanics and the people who run it are at the whim of whatever that computer wants to do. The TWU is run by "people" And as a matter of fact it's being run by people who weren't in charge when you guys point out all the things you hated about the International.

Here run down these first 3 names and tell me what you think any of them specifically have done to you?

Harry Lombardo
John Samuelsen
Alex Garcia

http://twu.org/OurUnion/OurLeadership.aspx

Now run down these names in the air Transport Division and tell me specifically what any of them have done to you?

http://twu.org/Air/AirStaff.aspx

Now think about the people you guys hated and think screwed you. Are those names still there?

WeAAsles said:
This is the thing you guys aren't getting yet. The TWU is not some evil computer that was programmed to screw mechanics and the people who run it are at the whim of whatever that computer wants to do. The TWU is run by "people" And as a matter of fact it's being run by people who weren't in charge when you guys point out all the things you hated about the International.

Here run down these first 3 names and tell me what you think any of them specifically have done to you?

Harry Lombardo
John Samuelsen
Alex Garcia

Now run down these names in the air Transport Division and tell me specifically what any of them have done to you?

Now think about the people you guys hated and think screwed you. Are those names still there?
hard to forgive 25 years of abuse, starting with Orlando and Kozitak

dfw gen said:
hard to forgive 25 years of abuse, starting with Orlando and Kozitak
Ok I can somewhat understand this. You've been conditioned to hate the TWU in your mind. Doesn't matter who's in there.

But what if YOU, chilokie, old guy and 1AA worked your way up from the inside and took over the organization? You got in and ran the bums out. You're going to change things. You're going to make the TWU work for the members now. 

But after you got in, no one would listen to you? You go to JFK to let them know you got the ball now and can't even get a word out without being booed out of the station. You're not even given a chance. 

How are you going to feel?

Here's the thing. YOU guys do what you feel you need to do and think the way you want to think. But if a new guy gets in I'm going to give him a chance and listen to him before I make up my opinion of him if he's giving me a snow job or not?

Take Parker for instance. I asked him about OUR Prefunding match in two roadshow stops in a row here in MIA. He practically swore up and down and I quote "No one is trying to take your money" Come to find out yes he is trying to take OUR money. The trust is not completely funded with OUR matching amounts and he wants to keep it if they have to pay for active retirees.

Then Parker goes around in roadshows telling people that we won't have to give anything up to get the Delta plus 3% (Already dropping down from the 7%) Now come to find out that his negotiators are talking about concessions.

So yea. He got in. I gave him a chance and listened to his words and now I have no reason to believe him because obviously he's not a man of his words and they mean nothing. I won't waste my time at any more roadshows. 

WeAAsles said:

Harry Lombardo
John Samuelsen
Alex Garcia

My point is these massive industrial unions have turned into a business and dues collections
is the primary goal. Just like Congressmen & Preachers of mega churches, good intentioned 
labor men lose their way when they fall into the culture of being a union official at the international 
level. Balancing a relationship with its membership and the companies they work for is the business 
plan, keeping job quantity over job quality is the TWU way.

WeAAsles said:
Here's the thing. YOU guys do what you feel you need to do and think the way you want to think. But if a new guy gets in I'm going to give him a chance and listen to him before I make up my opinion of him if he's giving me a snow job or not?

Take Parker for instance. I asked him about OUR Prefunding match in two roadshow stops in a row here in MIA. He practically swore up and down and I quote "No one is trying to take your money" Come to find out yes he is trying to take OUR money. The trust is not completely funded with OUR matching amounts and he wants to keep it if they have to pay for active retirees.

Then Parker goes around in roadshows telling people that we won't have to give anything up to get the Delta plus 3% (Already dropping down from the 7%) Now come to find out that his negotiators are talking about concessions.

So yea. He got in. I gave him a chance and listened to his words and now I have no reason to believe him because obviously he's not a man of his words and they mean nothing. I won't waste my time at any more roadshows. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sasljMdWToU

chilokie1 said:

My point is these massive industrial unions have turned into a business and dues collections
is the primary goal. Just like Congressmen & Preachers of mega churches, good intentioned 
labor men lose their way when they fall into the culture of being a union official at the international 
level. Balancing a relationship with its membership and the companies they work for is the business 
plan, keeping job quantity over job quality is the TWU way.

Alright explain to me how the dues work at AMFA? Cause that's what we're talking about I'm sure. From what I've heard about dues structures the TWU and only one other Union out there do it that way? Two times the hourly rate. So yea I guess you can hire in a ton of people at $12.00 per hour and that's $24.00 per month or they can get you a $5.00 per hour raise instead and that's an extra $10.00 per month above what you're already paying. The numbers under that scenario absolutely support more people. (not as much as the weighted average that other Unions use)

But how does the Company figure in to the equation? with benefits that they're already paying you wouldn't they rather just give you a raise and not incur the added cost of a second person on their medical dole?

If dues are the problem as you see it and you really believe that every "industrial" Union is caught in the trap of wanting more and more flow. How do you solve the problem?

But can you still be fair and give me an answer to my original question of what those guys I posted have done to you guys specifically? Have you ever talked to any of them or even consider giving them a chance?

BTW you guys do know and I'm not trying to knock any of my IAM friends but the TWU keeps 95% of the dues at the local level and sends the international only 5%. The IAM does it in reverse.

You guys absolutely sure that it's been the International selling you out? The Local is the one that benefits the most from dues. Ever check the LM2 after maybe a big hiring spree to see if they may have voted themselves a raise after giving you guys a contract to vote on? 

As far as I know our negotiators are our own Local Presidents that we vote in right?

Got any food for thought?

Roadking5560 said:
First and foremost when sitting at the bar as a united group,  you've got to figure out who's buying.

I can tell you with conviction and certainty  whose buying and it YOU ...
WeAAsles said:
BTW you guys do know and I'm not trying to knock any of my IAM friends but the TWU keeps 95% of the dues at the local level and sends the international only 5%. The IAM does it in reverse.

You guys absolutely sure that it's been the International selling you out? The Local is the one that benefits the most from dues. Ever check the LM2 after maybe a big hiring spree to see if they may have voted themselves a raise after giving you guys a contract to vote on? 

As far as I know our negotiators are our own Local Presidents that we vote in right?

Got any food for thought?
 Is it your paid mission to try and talk the 80 or so guys on here that the twu is good?  Lombardo is
 a joke, he has done nothing, absolutely nothing to improve our lot in life. We have to do it ourselves, why should he earn what he does when he does nothing. Why do I pay him my dues, it is all a big rip off and theft.

All they do is keep themselves from getting a DFR suit.

DallasConehead said:

Is it your paid mission to try and talk the 80 or so guys on here that the twu is good?  Lombardo Parker Trump Obama Clinton is
 a joke, he, she has done nothing, absolutely nothing to improve our lot in life. We have to do it ourselves, why should he earn what he does when he does nothing. Why do I pay him my dues, it is all a big rip off and theft.

Not paid a dime and not told to do anything by anyone.

There's always going to be people in life making more money than you. See I can change the name and it doesn't matter if you have a particular perception you don't want to change.

Professional athletes do nothing for you either you know.

WeAAsles said:

If ANYone believed for one minute that we are just going to get everything we ask for and a raise to boot WITHOUT giving SOMETHING back is truly a dreamer. YES we have given MORE than our share back in every way shape and form. YES we SHOULD NOT even be THINKING about giving ANYTHING more back....I get it...But the reality is that the company expects something in return for any raise. Be it work rules, whatever.....This all leaves one BIG questions. Are WE ALL willing to forego a raise in exchange for NO CONCESSIONS and hope the company backs down from their position? Or are we willing to forego a raise spend the next few years waiting until 2018 when the contracts expire and start the process all over again and continue to complain how we haven't received our due or any pay increase as DL and UA pull ahead even further from us?

And as for that Parker comment about we won't have to give up anything, that was at JFK when Chuck Schalk asked him about it.... He did say we would not have to give anything up....But he ended that answer by saying that it did not mean there would not be changes.

Parker lied, Glass is already testing the membership and their committees with the request for concessions from the ramp and was bodly told where to go. Don't you think maintenance is next?

MetalMover said:
If ANYone believed for one minute that we are just going to get everything we ask for and a raise to boot WITHOUT giving SOMETHING back is truly a dreamer. YES we have given MORE than our share back in every way shape and form. YES we SHOULD NOT even be THINKING about giving ANYTHING more back....I get it...But the reality is that the company expects something in return for any raise. Be it work rules, whatever.....This all leaves one BIG questions. Are WE ALL willing to forego a raise in exchange for NO CONCESSIONS and hope the company backs down from their position? Or are we willing to forego a raise spend the next few years waiting until 2018 when the contracts expire and start the process all over again and continue to complain how we haven't received our due or any pay increase as DL and UA pull ahead even further from us?

And as for that Parker comment about we won't have to give up anything, that was at JFK when Chuck Schalk asked him about it.... He did say we would not have to give anything up....But he ended that answer by saying that it did not mean there would not be changes.
And thinking like that then why didn't we just take the original dismissive offer from Jerry Glass?

"Why don't you just pick which contract you like better and we'll give you the money"

Nah. I'd like to think that the company can do just a little better than that don't you think?

Thant's exactly why MEchanics feel like they get that it is a Fleet Service ran union. Why should either group be compensated based on the the other.

Latest posts

Back