2015 AMT Discussion

If you vote the contract down, the ass. will keep having voteovers until the contact they want in is approved.

Been there, seen that trick pulled several times.

I am quite sure that the TWU side of the Association will push for more heads as they always have.

As far back as the 1983 " B-Scale " contract and the subsequent scaled contracts to maintain headcount or dues accumulation.

At some point the union business model can pull in the same cash flow with lower headcount and higher wages as it has with the opposite for the last 30+ years.

Jobs are going away no matter what. TULE will eventually wake up to the reality. I figure they will not go away completely, but look for a drastic down-sizing there in the next few years. That being said, PAY ME!!

dvlhog212 said:
Jobs are going away no matter what. TULE will eventually wake up to the reality. I figure they will not go away completely, but look for a drastic down-sizing there in the next few years. That being said, PAY ME!!
Yes, there is already some reality, as the MD-80 slows down. The aircraft,the engines and the support shops, including in Tulsa, the machine shops. But not to worry to much the machine shop  technicians can bump to the aircraft too.

I have a question to which I probably know the answer. Did the association when they wrote up their constitution or rules on the toilet paper roll allow us the control of our contract? By that I mean can they except it on our behalf because it's in our best interest like Jimmy Little did once and it was done once in the past also I think 93.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

Goey said:
I have a question to which I probably know the answer. Did the association when they wrote up their constitution or rules on the toilet paper roll allow us the control of our contract? By that I mean can they except it on our behalf because it's in our best interest like Jimmy Little did once and it was done once in the past also I think 93.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance
[SIZE=10.5pt]Steve, I do not know how the IAM operates, however I believe you are correct in that you already know the answer.....[/SIZE]

Structure

SECTION 1. The membership of the Transport Workers Union of America shall function through Local Unions. A Local Union shall consist of the members within a city or other area specified by the International Executive Council, organized under a charter granted by the Transport Workers Union of America.

SECTION 2. Subject to the provisions of the International Constitution and the by-laws of the Local Union and to all delegations of authority and assignment of responsibility to the Local Officers and to the Local Executive Board as provided in the Inter- 31 national Constitution and Local by-laws, the supreme authority in the Local Union shall be the membership of the Local Union, acting through duly called regular meetings of the Local Union or through duly called regular meetings of the respective sections or divisions of the Local meeting separately, as the Local by-laws may provide. Between such meetings, the Local Executive Board shall have the power and authority to administer the affairs of the Local Union.

Ok Buck what does that mean? Can the International accept a contract on our behalf even if we vote it down?
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

P.S. I have voted NO on every contract since July 24 1985!! And will continue to do so until I either win the Lotto or retire.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

( b ) Every collective bargaining agreement shall require the written approval of the International President before becoming a binding obligation on any member or on any Local Union. Such approval may be given in the name of the International President by his/her authorized designee.

CONSTITUTION of the TRANSPORT WORKERS UNION OF AMERICA

( b ) Every collective bargaining agreement shall require the written approval of the International President before becoming a binding obligation on any member or on any Local Union. Such approval may be given in the name of the International President by his/her authorized designee.

Yes, I too have voted no, since May 29, 1984 .  and will continue to do so until I win the Lotto or Retire: because from the beginning the mechanic has never been considered  an equal with his peers at the other carriers under the eyes of the TWU. Until the mechanics have their own fully independent contract without regard of the other Title groups, but based on the ability to gain a comparable wage and benefit package with all major carriers, including UPS and FED-X and Southwest Airlines that have A&P Mechanics in their employee. Also with no one mechanic being held at position that is substandard i.e. SRP, OSM AMTO etc. . A Junior Mechanic would be acceptable with no more than 5 years to the top of the wage scale. The union representing the members, not a dues collection machine for politics.

Buck I would like to have a beer with you. I love Dave hope to see you sometime.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

Goey said:
P.S. I have voted NO on every contract since July 24 1985!! And will continue to do so until I either win the Lotto or retire.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance
Unimpressive

Shows that no matter what the situation or what the contract, you won't be happy. This is exactly why I want to be non Union. I have a union that takes my equity and I have goey and buck not willing to accept any kind of pay raise.

If Doug keeps to his word we are looking at a 27% raise in pay alone and that doesn't include sick holiday shift diff etc etc......and buck and goey will vote no. Go tell someone in any other career field that you want to turn down a 27% pay raise just because you feel wronged.

Latest posts

Back