2015 AMT Discussion

Good luck (not really) with the non union status at the line stations.  This incompetent management would love making up for their own inadequacies without any restrictions.  

Roadking5560 said:
Good luck (not really) with the non union status at the line stations.  This incompetent management would love making up for their own inadequacies without any restrictions.
I certainly understand the security blanket of a union, but the union seems to spend our dues on the bottom 10% of the profession for doing things we all think are wrong.

That said with us working under a contract that seemed to be written by our managers. Showed the weakness of some of our managers and deffinaty showed the weakness of our executives who were out done and replaced by our current executives.

Ok bigjets I think you better start playing the lottery because you and I will never see a 27% raise ever. While I did not explain why I have voted no Buck explained my position and many others I know perfectly. Voted No Since 1985 and Proud. By the way non union would be fine by me since our only choice is these clowns.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

I wonder if the reason why the Association is not putting more pressure on the company to start negotiations because they must know layoffs are coming and they are keeping those dues rolling in as long as they can.

I've got it figured out. What is gonna happen with the upcoming contract will make the ass. and the company very happy.

The union employees?

Not so much.

The mechanics?

Even less.

The union spends  much of its dues money on the bottom 10% which are no-good for nothing workers. if members became more involved that would not happen.i say get rid of the deadbeats. on a better note
One of the ASS ociation top guys has said they will have an M&R proposal ready to go by nest week.

bigjets said:
Unimpressive

Shows that no matter what the situation or what the contract, you won't be happy. This is exactly why I want to be non Union. I have a union that takes my equity and I have goey and buck not willing to accept any kind of pay raise.

If Doug keeps to his word we are looking at a 27% raise in pay alone and that doesn't include sick holiday shift diff etc etc......and buck and goey will vote no. Go tell someone in any other career field that you want to turn down a 27% pay raise just because you feel wronged.
On one hand you have the Pro Union groupies who want to ensure that no matter how much money is on the table, Scope is the most important aspect of the contract. Then there is those on the BigJets team, which I am not quite sure what he wants in his contract, except from his last post, money no matter the cost. Big Jets I  laid out what I would accept after 30+ years of service.
I came in the door with a half pay contract, because those already here wanted a decent retirement package. Big Jets, do you really believe you are going to get 27%? If it did happen, would it be all at once or spread out over the length of the contract and at what cost? Would you just take the money and watch 50% of your coworkers be laid off? ( that is what Delta is Big Jets, non-union and 50.1% outsourced.) "Doug" has already backed down from Delta +7% to 3% or did he? It seems that you would sell out your fellow union brothers and sisters just for money? Selling out the unborn ( those not here yet ) is a historical tactic of the TWU. What is it that you want? Do you want what you believe to be a fair wage? ?That is what I have been asking for form entire time here, not the bottom of my profession wage scale. No matter the amount of money the company earns or has, there is only so much they are going to let the ground workers have. Why is it the TWU has always negotiated last? Then when they finally get a contract it is substandard for the mechanic. I do not know for sure where you work. I do not know if I should just tell you "Why don't you just move to Tulsa" or today just out vote Tulsa to get the contract you feel "YOU" deserve. What is your exact position? Let us know so that we can become informed and  possibly side with you. Again after 31 years o service, I do know what I want, just what I have learned from the TWU. Screw the next guy I am taking the money. So you are wrong,I would vote yes for the right amount of money for me. What would you give up for the 27%?

Buck said:
On one hand you have the Pro Union groupies who want to ensure that no matter how much money is on the table, Scope is the most important aspect of the contract. Then there is those on the BigJets team, which I am not quite sure what he wants in his contract, except from his last post, money no matter the cost. Big Jets I  laid out what I would accept after 30+ years of service.
I came in the door with a half pay contract, because those already here wanted a decent retirement package. Big Jets, do you really believe you are going to get 27%? If it did happen, would it be all at once or spread out over the length of the contract and at what cost? Would you just take the money and watch 50% of your coworkers be laid off? ( that is what Delta is Big Jets, non-union and 50.1% outsourced.) "Doug" has already backed down from Delta +7% to 3% or did he? It seems that you would sell out your fellow union brothers and sisters just for money? Selling out the unborn ( those not here yet ) is a historical tactic of the TWU. What is it that you want? Do you want what you believe to be a fair wage? ?That is what I have been asking for form entire time here, not the bottom of my profession wage scale. No matter the amount of money the company earns or has, there is only so much they are going to let the ground workers have. Why is it the TWU has always negotiated last? Then when they finally get a contract it is substandard for the mechanic. I do not know for sure where you work. I do not know if I should just tell you "Why don't you just move to Tulsa" or today just out vote Tulsa to get the contract you feel "YOU" deserve. What is your exact position? Let us know so that we can become informed and  possibly side with you. Again after 31 years o service, I do know what I want, just what I have learned from the TWU. Screw the next guy I am taking the money. So you are wrong,I would vote yes for the right amount of money for me. What would you give up for the 27%?
Didn't read all of it but my take away is this:

It's a damn shame we need to get a 27% raise in order to bring us up to par with our piers.
Both unions should be ashamed, all of management should be ashamed.

What is the agenda of the union(s)?

What is the agenda of the company?

Buck said:
What is the agenda of the union(s)?

What is the agenda of the company?
To pay us as little as they can for as long as they can
The international ATD could care less those greedy bastards get 6 figure salaries and and raises every year
Get rid of this ball less corrupt company union

Traymark said:
Didn't read all of it but my take away is this:

It's a damn shame we need to get a 27% raise in order to bring us up to par with our piers.
Both unions should be ashamed, all of management should be ashamed.
We are working under the BK agreement, our representative has done nothing to rectify this.  Another work group has voted in representation and negotiated an agreement and has the opportunity for massive wage increases pending the vote,  in the mean time our representative does nothing except send out letters about what they did, which is reconciling the agreements which should have been done last year.  Then they announce a party in Chicago, beer brats and football, these guys are a joke, if they have the time for that , they have the time to finish the proposal and move the process forward..  Where is the outrage?

The whole thing is sickening and pathetic.

There is no outrage its pathetic. Mechanism being represented by a bunch of bag smashers there I said it..

ber

Registered Member32 posts0 warning points

There is no outrage its pathetic. Mechanics being represented by a bunch of bag smashers there I said it.. 

Back