2015 AMT Discussion

chilokie1 said:
Exactly !  How many guys in Tulsa/TASEL are nearing or above 55? I'am guessing 75%.
What good is $50 an hour if you are laid off? With the IAMPF I will be forced to use my
bumping rights (and thousands of guys like me) and a lot of junior guys  who voted for
the big bucks will be out the door.  With the AA plan it gives me the option  to leave the
company without the restriction of not being able to work and draw my pension at the 
same time. 
The average age at Tulsa is about 50-52. There some past 65. My $50 an hour was a sarcastic way of
explaining the from the 1983 contract at AA/TWU the TWU has agreed to a method of cutting the throat of the unborn, that is to set those not yet employeed for a contract that is less than disrable. Then those senior mechanic who need money and or benefits has a path to retire. If you are of AA/TWU it was referred to the "B-Scale" and this method of cutthroat unionism has been happening since the 1983 CBA, at least.

700UW said:
The IAMNPF is funded to 101% and in no danger, it's not just US in the fund.

You all act like the fund is on its last legs.

Hopefully you all will have a choice of being in the pension or the 401k, that's seems like the logical solution
Why would I want anyone else in my fund?

That is why in this day and age of the 401k, my money is mine and not someone's from another industry just because they are IAM or union. Stop lying to yourself about the solvency of the IAMPF. I will participate in your fund but only with 30 years of credited service. Afterall we are Association. What do you mean you hope we have a choice?

700 why are you so desperate to have everyone in your fund? 

Larry Pike told the members at the union meeting today that 800 - 1200 are scheduled to be laid off in June in Tulsa. Has anyone else heard this? Anyone from the Dallas local on here?

Larry Pike told the members at the union meeting today that 800 - 1200 are scheduled to be laid off in June in Tulsa. Has anyone else heard this? Anyone from the Dallas local on here?
Yep, I was there. Heard the same thing. Time will tell

Buck said:
Why would I want anyone else in my fund?

That is why in this day and age of the 401k, my money is mine and not someone's from another industry just because they are IAM or union. Stop lying to yourself about the solvency of the IAMPF. I will participate in your fund but only with 30 years of credited service. Afterall we are Association. What do you mean you hope we have a choice?

700 why are you so desperate to have everyone in your fund?
How did that work out for your AA pension with only having AA in it?

700UW said:
On balance, I'm fine with it.
I've got about $20k per yr waiting for me.
It will never be reduced.
In the mean time, my 401 is building nicely and with a nice increase in the match/contribution, it will grow at much accelerated rate in the next decade.
The best part:
I have total control over my retirement money.
IAMNPF, not even close.

On balance, I'm fine with it.
I've got about $20k per yr waiting for me.
It will never be reduced.
In the mean time, my 401 is building nicely and with a nice increase in the match/contribution, it will grow at much accelerated rate in the next decade.
The best part:
I have total control over my retirement money.
IAMNPF, not even close.
^^^^ THIS! +100

700UW said:
Also, when you speak of the benefits of the IAMNPF, please speak to the 40% benefit cut the members got handed, and also speak to the fact that they can cut benefits , again, at any time they see the need to without any say by the members.

AA plan was unfortunately frozen but better then being put in the pbgc but I will get what's in there plus the 401k match. I have controll of my funds . Unlike the iampnf I'm at someone who can change it at will plus looking at the lm2 of the iam the secretary makes 150000 plus just like the twu. And it goes up from there I thank we need to go on strike of the association for dereliction of our union dues. So I can see them taking away from iampnf to keep there high salaries intact so no I do not want any part of the iam are the iamnpf. The iam screwed Boeing with that pos contract to keep the 777x in Everett . The twu is no better . But I'm for amfa any way but in my opinion the twu is the worst of the two evils

700UW said:
The IAMNPF is funded to 101% and in no danger, it's not just US in the fund.
You all act like the fund is on its last legs.
Hopefully you all will have a choice of being in the pension or the 401k, that's seems like the logical solution
Please tell us what happens to ones pension payment if another company (contributor) pulls out of the fund?

700UW said:
It appears that I agree with everyone else here.

Instead of your short sentence answers could ply us with positive aspects of the IAMPF?

How is it protected?

Why does the union need to be involved?

Back