2015 AMT Discussion

"This team will be supported by the skills, knowledge and resources of two of the most experienced and successful airline unions in North America, the TWU and the IAM."

YGBFKM.

Experienced, yes. Successful, not even close. Of course their definition of success is completely different than the average bargaining unit member.

They define success as keeping the membership percentage high, no matter the cost.

Industrial unions have preyed on the skilled trades long enough. They will do the same for you here, by combining forces. I have no doubt that the ramp, agents, cleaners, stock clerks will all do well under this arrangement.

Glenn Quagmire said:
"This team will be supported by the skills, knowledge and resources of two of the most experienced and successful airline unions in North America, the TWU and the IAM."
YGBFKM.
Experienced, yes. Successful, not even close. Of course their definition of success is completely different than the average bargaining unit member.
They define success as keeping the membership percentage high, no matter the cost.
Industrial unions have preyed on the skilled trades long enough. They will do the same for you here, by combining forces. I have no doubt that the ramp, agents, cleaners, stock clerks will all do well under this arrangement.
there success has been the lowest payed mechanics in the industry your right the rampers and all the other groups will be fine the amts again will suffer . And there transparency will not be what we want to hear . They will give us bs updates . They should let us sit in negotiations. So we know what the truth is

Glenn Quagmire said:

YGBFKM.

Glenn are you saying your group is not going to get 3% over DL like the other  AA groups ?

Glenn Quagmire said:

YGBFKM.

Whatever you say

Glenn Quagmire said:

YGBFKM.

Glenn, passenger service did very well with their contract. Now that they are union did they take a sliver of your groups compensation too?

They are entering into negotiations this Thursday, all ready to go and take on the company. But yet not a goddamn peep as to what the ASSociation agreed to!

MetalMover said:
They are entering into negotiations this Thursday, all ready to go and take on the company. But yet not a goddamn peep as to what the ASSociation agreed to!
From what Glenn says they agreed  to screw his group in favor of the other groups.

AANOTOK said:
Whatever you say
It is my opinion only. It is formed from being involved in the IAM and the AMFA, and the industry since the mid 80's.

Having been at the IAM palace at Upper Marlboro for schools and having seen "leaders" of these so-called unions in action, I have some knowledge.

Having said that, you all get the union you deserve. I know that electing leaders to international positions in the TWU and IAMAW is nearly impossible, you still hold power.

When I saw less than 5% of members showing up for a local lodge meeting (where the entire local was in the same town and there were 3 meetings for the day where votes counted) then complaining about what was passed? Pfft.

There is a reason I left the airlines (although I am still very involved in airline operations) I was not willing to be a scab. (even though the IAM supported members trainimg and performing work in my scope).

What I speak is truth. Feel free to prove me wrong and I will be there with you cheering.

Glenn Quagmire said:
It is my opinion only. It is formed from being involved in the IAM and the AMFA, and the industry since the mid 80's.

Having been at the IAM palace at Upper Marlboro for schools and having seen "leaders" of these so-called unions in action, I have some knowledge.

Having said that, you all get the union you deserve. I know that electing leaders to international positions in the TWU and IAMAW is nearly impossible, you still hold power.

When I saw less than 5% of members showing up for a local lodge meeting (where the entire local was in the same town and there were 3 meetings for the day where votes counted) then complaining about what was passed? Pfft.

There is a reason I left the airlines (although I am still very involved in airline operations) I was not willing to be a scab. (even though the IAM supported members trainimg and performing work in my scope).

What I speak is truth. Feel free to prove me wrong and I will be there with you cheering.
I see no need to try and prove you wrong, the contract will speak for itself I guess.
I guess I better slide on back over to the Fleet thread as I may be in hostile territory over here.
Good luck to us all!

WeAAsles said:
Hey. How y'all doin over hear? Hope y'all had a Happy Gobble Gobble.
More at their disposal.

464707723.jpg

AANOTOK said:
I see no need to try and prove you wrong, the contract will speak for itself I guess.
I guess I better slide on back over to the Fleet thread as I may be in hostile territory over here.
Good luck to us all!
I sincerely hope for the best for all.

The problem is that the business model concocted by them is built on numbers of dues payers, not on contract quality.

I welcome your input on this thread, on this topic. Thanks for being civil.

Good luck to you all.

Back