2015 AMT Discussion

Have no say??? Are u sure about that?? Seems to me when union bros n sis stick together you wld be amazed at what gets accomplished. Inform the union will get things started n resolved

Reactions: 2 people
I believe our company is laughing at us, but through our representative.

1AA: Hmmm? Let me see we have been last for my 30 years, is there something else?

Kev3188: Yes...., will "we" No!  unless the IAM mechanics want to change.

Reactions: 1 person
robbedagain said:
Have no say??? Are u sure about that?? Seems to me when union bros n sis stick together you wld be amazed at what gets accomplished. Inform the union will get things started n resolved
You must be Associated with the IAM?

conehead777 said:
you can not put scope on the table are pay bills with scope. 
you also can't pay your bills if you get laid off. So indirectly, yes scope does pay your bills. 

oh and FWIW AA still has 5% more they can outsource (per 2014 numbers) before they even hit your scope limit. (I know, I know that doesn't play into the general TWU lets AA do whatever they want typical talk on here. Sorry, facts can be really stupid sometimes.) 

1AA said:
It would be nice to discuss current events on this AMT thread. Perhaps someone can start a thread about past airline events in Aircraft Maintenance. Most of us really don't care about what the IAM did in the past at other airlines.
You might want to care. 

Your now part of a union that is great and giving your job away. FWIW.....

Reactions: 2 people
The IAM Representative for the new Title 1 Planners in TULE were told that a possible September 2016 for a contract. 

topDawg said:
you also can't pay your bills if you get laid off. So indirectly, yes scope does pay your bills. 

oh and FWIW AA still has 5% more they can outsource (per 2014 numbers) before they even hit your scope limit. (I know, I know that doesn't play into the general TWU lets AA do whatever they want typical talk on here. Sorry, facts can be really stupid sometimes.) 

You might want to care. 
 Ways
Your now part of a union that is great and giving your job away. FWIW.....
Yes I know scope is important but what I'm saying is that aa always seems to get around it and the twu dose nothing about it. Even when it's in the contract just like the twu keeping our out of bk stock .and not in forcing the company so even with scope aa lays off .

Reactions: 4 people
conehead777 said:
Yes I know scope is important but what I'm saying is that aa always seems to get around it and the twu dose nothing about it. Even when it's in the contract just like the twu keeping our out of bk stock .and not in forcing the company so even with scope aa lays off .
and what I am saying is your company is outsourcing 5% less than what they can. (might be off a % or two because as overspeed said its not total budget but its a formula)

having said that I'm not disagreeing that overall the TWU sucks. IMO a lot of your local reps suck and are to worried about A. getting theirs and/or B. trying to blame the line or trying to blame base maintenance.
In other words your union does a good job of driving a wedge between your work groups and the company is loving it.  IMO your union also does a great job of living in the 50s. 

Reactions: 3 people
The ass needs to get off its ass and start negotiating are they need to step down let us vote on who we want to represent us it's time for the ass to put up are shut up

topDawg said:
and what I am saying is your company is outsourcing 5% less than what they can. (might be off a % or two because as overspeed said its not total budget but its a formula)

having said that I'm not disagreeing that overall the TWU sucks. IMO a lot of your local reps suck and are to worried about A. getting theirs and/or B. trying to blame the line or trying to blame base maintenance.
In other words your union does a good job of driving a wedge between your work groups and the company is loving it.  IMO your union also does a great job of living in the 50s.
Very very true

What sucks about the TWU Representatives, historically, is that they are like all politicians.

They go in with the energy of their campaign and then get stepped on by the TWU International.

I never had it in me to be one of these politicians and believe they have a lot of guts to try.

Buck said:
What sucks about the TWU Representatives, historically, is that they are like all politicians.

They go in with the energy of their campaign and then get stepped on by the TWU International.

I never had it in me to be one of these politicians and believe they have a lot of guts to try.
IMO you somewhat have to be a politician to do the job. 

you aren't going to make everyone happy. Its impossible. 
You also have to realize that you can't just walk into the room and get every little thing that you want.
Having said that, I hope your union doesn't bring you back a turd like the United IAM did just to get a deal done and a quick raise. More importantly, if they do bring back that turd I hope you guys vote it down. 

and if you took Delta +3 (or 7 or whatever the flavor of the month is) for US scope, you will simply pay for your raise with all the lay offs you will cause. 

topDawg said:
IMO you somewhat have to be a politician to do the job. 

you aren't going to make everyone happy. Its impossible. 
You also have to realize that you can't just walk into the room and get every little thing that you want.
Having said that, I hope your union doesn't bring you back a turd like the United IAM did just to get a deal done and a quick raise. More importantly, if they do bring back that turd I hope you guys vote it down. 

and if you took Delta +3 (or 7 or whatever the flavor of the month is) for US scope, you will simply pay for your raise with all the lay offs you will cause. 
Yes, I understand but the TWU people will take the money, at least here at TULE. Perhaps if the Line can get some solidarity and just out vote Tulsa.