2015 AMT Discussion

OldGuy@AA said:
I agree.  When he first came to Tulsa he said he was surprised that AMTs didn't want their neighbors to know they worked at AA and that the moral was very low.  Then he proceeded to run the Tulsa base like a f---ing prison.  He also promoted the dumbest, most incompetent people to directors.  They continue to destroy any chance there is of getting or keeping any work here.  I wish that sawed off piece of crap all the worst.............  I am OldGuy and I approve this message.
Heard today his leaving may be related to a health issue.  I do not wish anything bad in the way of health to anyone.  Even people like Bill Collins.

Reactions: 4 people
BigMac said:
So now if we get a sh!t sandwich contract..TULE can blame the line now right?
Flame away
What's good for the goose is good for the gander BugMac.  Line has all the votes and they will decide the contract. Warning to all line guys.  No matter how you personally voted, if we get a lousy deal that passes you personally will be blamed as in "The line guys voted that in." 

Reactions: 3 people
OldGuy@AA said:
What's good for the goose is good for the gander BugMac.  Line has all the votes and they will decide the contract. Warning to all line guys.  No matter how you personally voted, if we get a lousy deal that passes you personally will be blamed as in "The line guys voted that in."
So what.

Reactions: 2 people
OldGuy@AA said:
Don't get baited by the intellectual elite we have our winners on the line that don't even know they got a raise in september.I spent 17 years at afw before I saw the writing on the wall. Hate to say it but there seems to be a little graffiti on the walls in tulsa.

Reactions: 1 person
DallasConehead said:
So now that the line has the majority ...how long until the line votes the ASS out?
Why hasn't anything changed since the line is the majority?
I didn't think I'd stoop down to this level but I'm sick of the few line guys constantly bashing TULE.
Now the ball is in the lines court. Let's see if things change for the better.
So far nothing........still waiting .......

Reactions: 4 people
BigMac said:
So now that the line has the majority ...how long until the line votes the ASS out?
Why hasn't anything changed since the line is the majority?
I didn't think I'd stoop down to this level but I'm sick of the few line guys constantly bashing TULE.
Now the ball is in the lines court. Let's see if things change for the better.
So far nothing........still waiting .......
SO WHAT

You guys think anything is going to change?  You think because Tule cant rule over everyone anything is different? Maybe it will get worse maybe better?  Tule boys shoved contracts down our throats for 30 freakin years so they could have weekends and day shift off while the rest of us working in the blinding cold, at night with 25mph winds, trying trying to hold a wrench so cold I couldnt move it.  Or blazing heat trying to hold a wrench, so hot it burns your hand. Give me a break. Who cares what you think? I don't. Unity? Now you want unity? Buzz Off

Or better yet, lets talk about the life changing events that were cast over so many guys and their families including myself when you guys rained that 2003 contract down on the system, yea...

Whether or not the Line has the votes over base should not be something we should be concerned with guy's. It's the Deal that we all will be stuck with for yrs. Payback for the mistakes of the past by the Base favored contracts isn't going to be good for us all.

We must remember that we also have the USAirways guys in the mix as well. As a group we need to be reaching out to them as well. Getting any and all info about what they feel needs to happen with this JCBA. 

The Assoc. says it has worked things out so what is the agenda for us? What are we giving up on either side and what will we stand to gain by the joining of the two contracts?
Many at stations around the system didn't even vote last time. That can't happen again. Insuring that the guy who works next to you is part of the process is very important.
Communication between us all is going to get us what we are all willing to stand up for.
if you are just looking at money and let all the rest fall by the way side we will be doomed.

"YES" some of the Line guys hold T-Town responsible for what we have lived with but that is not the case with this current deal. We need to insure that with this next contract its a joint effort between line, o/h, usair, aa. It is TIME to make the change that is going to be good for all, we all may need to be open minded. Time to hold the Union leaders responsible not your fellow workers. It is Time for us to take control of the association. Like it or NOT we made the choice. We did not remove the TWU or the IAM most just sat back and did nothing. If that happens this TIME it's all on YOU>>>>>> 

DallasConehead said:
You guys think anything is going to change?  You think because Tule cant rule over everyone anything is different? Maybe it will get worse maybe better?  Tule boys shoved contracts down our throats for 30 freakin years so they could have weekends and day shift off while the rest of us working in the blinding cold, at night with 25mph winds, trying trying to hold a wrench so cold I couldnt move it.  Or blazing heat trying to hold a wrench, so hot it burns your hand. Give me a break. Who cares what you think? I don't. Unity? Now you want unity? Buzz Off

Or better yet, lets talk about the life changing events that were cast over so many guys and their families including myself when you guys rained that 2003 contract down on the system, yea...
Ahhhh Yes, the 2003 contract...

AMFAinMIAMI said:
Whether or not the Line has the votes over base should not be something we should be concerned with guy's. It's the Deal that we all will be stuck with for yrs. Payback for the mistakes of the past by the Base favored contracts isn't going to be good for us all.

We must remember that we also have the USAirways guys in the mix as well. As a group we need to be reaching out to them as well. Getting any and all info about what they feel needs to happen with this JCBA. 

The Assoc. says it has worked things out so what is the agenda for us? What are we giving up on either side and what will we stand to gain by the joining of the two contracts?
Many at stations around the system didn't even vote last time. That can't happen again. Insuring that the guy who works next to you is part of the process is very important.
Communication between us all is going to get us what we are all willing to stand up for.
if you are just looking at money and let all the rest fall by the way side we will be doomed.

"YES" some of the Line guys hold T-Town responsible for what we have lived with but that is not the case with this current deal. We need to insure that with this next contract its a joint effort between line, o/h, usair, aa. It is TIME to make the change that is going to be good for all, we all may need to be open minded. Time to hold the Union leaders responsible not your fellow workers. It is Time for us to take control of the association. Like it or NOT we made the choice. We did not remove the TWU or the IAM most just sat back and did nothing. If that happens this TIME it's all on YOU>>>>>> 
Well said sir.  It is what it is. It's time for you guys to get united as the company loves to see the division among the ranks.  This first contract is going to be the test for this new A$$. The question remains if they will succeed or completely fail...

Reactions: 2 people
DallasConehead said:

Boohoo..you were cold. Boohoo you were hot.
Back in the day I washed AC in negative 20 degrees and 50mph winds..sometimes scrubbing the top (on 3 wheels in a JLG. Our weight plus the 4 four inch and 2 2.inch hoses which exceeded way over 500lbs..hence only 3 wheels of 4 on the ground) of the vertical of 777s. In snow, ice, sleet. Soaked for days. I cleaned inside A300, MD11s, 777s, 767s DC10s, 737s, 727s, fokkers 757s cargoes with the tarmac temps reaching 140 degrees. Up to my ankles in ceebee high concentrate citrus and skydrol while people were passing out and rushed to the ER. We were also.labor loaned to the terminal (while others were inside under blakets drinking hot cocoa) de-icing planes. My old shop had the highest injury rate of any AA shop worldwide because back in the day you weren't given PPE. And the sever weather was a factor.
And you wrenched? Wow my hero. I hope Im bumped to.your station. Not to bump anyone out but hopefully fill a slot. Be interesting to see your working conditions and environment. Be safe wrenching out in that severe weather. A the vote is now in your hands..lets see how you'll do.
BTW if "you don't care" why are you responding to my posts. Go get some hot chocolate and a blanket so you can respond back.

Reactions: 9 people
Get your RED markers out: The only way to rid ourselves of the ASSociation is is to rid ourselves of the AFL-CIO....

and for my own ego, many of us asked for help from the LIne and TUL to replace the TWU for as many as 25 years, with resistance from both factions.

Arguing with each other over an internal issue when we have had the opportunity for years not to have the current representation or the Association.

Give me the money that many of us lost as a B-Scaler ........

DallasConehead said:

A little cheese with that whine?  

Latest posts