27 Stations That Could Become Mda Only

westcoastflyer

Advanced
Aug 12, 2004
It is obvious that the company plan is to convert as many "high-cost" stations to Mid Atlantic operations only, as soon as possible. The EMB-190 introduction has a lot more implications than just pilot salaries. When these aircraft hit the line, just about any station that currently has only 737 or Airbus operations could be converted to Mid Atlantic only. No "expensive" ramp or customer service salaries or work rules to contend with, just MDA (Express) wages and work rules. Stations that could possibly be affected would include: ALB, ATL, BUF, CMH, CHS, DFW, EWR, GSO, IAD, IAH, ILM, IND, MCI, MDT, MHT, MSP, MSY, MYR, ORD, ORF, PNS, RDU, RIC, ROC, SAV, SYR, YYZ. Did I miss any? That would leave US Airways mainline with about 10 stations in the Northeast and Midatlantic, most Florida stations, the Western stations, the Caribbean, and Europe. Very sad, but probably profitable in the eyes of the creditors and the judge.

westcoastflyer said:
It is obvious that the company plan is to convert as many "high-cost" stations to Mid Atlantic operations only, as soon as possible. The EMB-190 introduction has a lot more implications than just pilot salaries. When these aircraft hit the line, just about any station that currently has only 737 or Airbus operations could be converted to Mid Atlantic only. No "expensive" ramp or customer service salaries or work rules to contend with, dge.
[post="186898"][/post]​

Interesting thought. But first the deliveries from Brazil wouldl have to start up again.

From a customer perspective, if MDA does wind up with the 190 will it have F/C. If not, a smaller portion of the system will have it. Not a way to attact VFFs.

Also. on YYZ: the company tried and failed to make YUL mainline express. (Pesky Canadian labor - or rather labour - laws and union contracts)

I have heard a rumor that mainline will only fly to the top 10 cities east of the Mississippi, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America and Europe. No cities west of New Orleans. All west cost flying will be done by United (code share), everything else MDA. Heard this is the Star Alliance niche for us.

RedOne said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

If I had to guess, I'd say that about 98% of the stuff on this site is "rumors"... :up:
[post="187021"][/post]​

I think it's a bit higher actually on the "rumor" scale.

But I also think there are some great ideas here, if someone with the 'nads and foresight to read them, perhaps this mess wouldn't be so big of a mess.

So what you're saying is, even though the pilot agreement stipulates mainline's fleet (not including the EMB170/190) to return to iat least the 278 Aircraft...,

That those 278 Mainline aircraft are going to go nowhere except for the 10 remaining mainline stations...?

Yeah, that sounds plausible. :blink:

Why dontcha try again there "Mr. Guess the Future"... :rolleyes: If you want to get an idea of where the E-190's will go in the current system, then just look back and see where the about same sized F-100's flew to.

Probably will fit well into new point to point flying out of the Focus cities as well, places like BOS, LGA, PIT, DCA, FLL.

Curious, if the E-190 is a barbie jet, then those who flew the F-100's musta been barbie jet pilots to you too, eh Redone?

Rico said:
That those 278 Mainline aircraft are going to go nowhere except for the 10 remaining mainline stations...?

Yeah, that sounds plausible. :blink:
Why dontcha try again there "Mr. Guess the Future"... :rolleyes:
[post="187040"][/post]​

Read it again " 10 cities east of the Mississippi, AND the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America and Europe."

I don't think the new TA honors the 278 A/C number????? I could be wrong.

CNN is running a story this morning saying that US Airways will most likely Liquidate soon. And if our lga and dca gates go to LCC's it will be the end of legecy's all together.

Ramp Rat said:
Why waste the money on Mainline Express? Ask the judge permission to contract the work out in these stations.
[post="187039"][/post]​

actually why not farm out the cities where you work at. afterall the unions solds us down the river to protect people like you from having to work at 13.00 an hr. we could have moved but the point is the cities that were on our list also went down to mainline express in one yr so therefore it wouldnt make sense to move and move and move again only to take more paycuts. the bigger hubs can work for 15.27 an hr after all we in the mainline express have more than enough crap to put up with for a lower wages

I am not bitter just another expressed mainline employee!

westcoastflyer said:
It is obvious that the company plan is to convert as many "high-cost" stations to Mid Atlantic operations only, as soon as possible. The EMB-190 introduction has a lot more implications than just pilot salaries. When these aircraft hit the line, just about any station that currently has only 737 or Airbus operations could be converted to Mid Atlantic only. No "expensive" ramp or customer service salaries or work rules to contend with, just MDA (Express) wages and work rules. Stations that could possibly be affected would include: ALB, ATL, BUF, CMH, CHS, DFW, EWR, GSO, IAD, IAH, ILM, IND, MCI, MDT, MHT, MSP, MSY, MYR, ORD, ORF, PNS, RDU, RIC, ROC, SAV, SYR, YYZ. Did I miss any? That would leave US Airways mainline with about 10 stations in the Northeast and Midatlantic, most Florida stations, the Western stations, the Caribbean, and Europe. Very sad, but probably profitable in the eyes of the creditors and the judge.
[post="186898"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

westcoastflyer;

One of the stations that you've listed, that I would question is MHT Manchester NH.
While MHT has not seen 757 service in there, MHT is a absolute "boom town" for US !!!!!!!

Thoughts ???????/

NH/BB's

Currently there are only mainline and mainline-express stations. I believe there is also a MDA classification, that has wages higher than mainline-express, but below that of mainline. but not stations are MDA of yet.

Latest posts