$305 Million 2Q Profit

EricLv2Fish,
Profit sharing is a good thing; however, a livable wage is preferred. Right now, "Doogie" is getting away with doing everything "on the cheap." Problem is in a customer service industry that isn't always the best thing. Maybe for Wall Street it is, but not for the 35,000 employees and customers. Point blank, if the company keeps rolling in the profits (thanks to subpar employee wages)then they are going to have to do more than just profit sharing. Raises, better benefits, and cost of living increases would be a good start...

Eye

Agreed, but knowing how conservative our approach has been it will take much more than 2 qtrs in a row before the purse strings are loosened. As far as the "subpar" wages are concerned East wages are now inline with West's wages which is now inline with the industry. It will take sometime to recover. Unfortunately this is a realistic view IMO. For now profit sharing (Union) and incentive bonuses (Non-Union)are much better than nothing. Just curious...which airlines currently have either?

Because our management didn't want to. They wanted to make a profit for themselves. Well everyone execpt for Lakefield, he was put there to get us out of that mess and now here we are.

Correction... Lakefield was there to get Bone-head Bronner out of his mess! Bronner was in way over his head the day he stepped foot in Arlington. He cared not one bit about the employees, even up to the end. It was a stroke of luck that Lakefield did care and wanted to design a transaction where the company would survive. There is little doubt in my mind that Chapter 11 version 2 was at the time a precurser to an all-but-inevitable Chapter 7 eventuality, from Bronner's perspective.

Southwest realized $225 million of cash benefit from its hedges in the second quarter.

What's Gary Kelly think? The other day, he mentioned that WN is looking for used planes so he can grow even faster - presumably, to go after some of those high US profits. :D

For your list: AMR made $291 million on $5.975 billion of revenue.

That's because if Doug decides to do somthing with NW or Delta, not only will he be doing so as a true low-cost airline, he'd then be running the first low-cost MEGA-airline (and quite possibly the larges airline in the world!).

The goal of the company is to have all labor unions included in the profit sharing...At one time the company's goal was for their aircraft A&P mechanics to be the highest paid in the industry...not even close!

We've had 2 nice payouts in the past 4 years. The IBT contract has been admendable for over two years and no pay increases.

I am very glad the "company" made a profit. It has done it before and it will do it again. I am not negative about this; I am positive the mechanics will not see a penny, regardless of the "goal of the company." I hope I am proven wrong.

Since EAST is roughly 85% of the profit don't ya think EAST employees should get 85% of the profit sharing??
Seems only right.

<_<

I am very glad the "company" made a profit. It has done it before and it will do it again. I am not negative about this; I am positive the mechanics will not see a penny, regardless of the "goal of the company." I hope I am proven wrong.
With All We west and east A/P's Have Done For Our Airlines, And Even With It As It Is Now WE Will Get It UP The Back Side Again!!!
But Look At It This WAY WHEN WE FART WE WILL SOUND LIKE A BRASS BAND.(well polished and in tune) :angry:

Since EAST is roughly 85% of the profit don't ya think EAST employees should get 85% of the profit sharing??
Seems only right.

<_<
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Obviously you have never worked Air Cargo for US.

Do you know you have to book cargo over a week in advance to get the cargo on the plane.

The Cargo revenue numbers speak for itself.

Obviously not. But maybe Herb and Sir Richard Branson should apply immediately to learn the golden secret!

Agreed, but knowing how conservative our approach has been it will take much more than 2 qtrs in a row before the purse strings are loosened. As far as the "subpar" wages are concerned East wages are now inline with West's wages which is now inline with the industry. It will take sometime to recover. Unfortunately this is a realistic view IMO. For now profit sharing (Union) and incentive bonuses (Non-Union)are much better than nothing. Just curious...which airlines currently have either?

Hold on Eric, our wages (F/A in the West)is markedly less than the industry standard. The last 3 years, we are ask to do more for no pay. You might not know: we do not have holiday pay, boarding is paid at $1.75/hr, F/A less than 10 years senioirty is paid again less than industry standard,etc.

Please do not make a blanket generalization based on your limited knowledge.

Hold on Eric, our wages (F/A in the West)is markedly less than the industry standard. The last 3 years, we are ask to do more for no pay. You might not know: we do not have holiday pay, boarding is paid at $1.75/hr, F/A less than 10 years senioirty is paid again less than industry standard,etc.

Please do not make a blanket generalization based on your limited knowledge.
Eric been NON-UNION To LONG.... :rolleyes:
IT's ok ask skyflyr69 for a lone they did it all... :rolleyes: