US Airways has highest profit margin

So is America West still saving US Airways, or are they riding the coattails of the East? :lol:
I asked this on another thread: And will ask it here also: Just curious to see the logic!

So Why don't we start the big pull down in the west since we supposedly according to Dougweiser just can't operate unprofitable flying---

Can all of you people who think you know so much about all of this please answer that for us!

So tell me why is Dougweiser talking out of both sides of his mouth?

I mean if PIT can't fly because it's supposedly unprofitable--Then how do you explain allowing the entire west coast operation to continue to drag down the company---

I will be anxiously waiting for all of these brain surgeons here to explain this one------

Luvthe9,

My mouth is not big, nor is it fat. My point was, it doesn't matter because the way customers and employees are being treated right now, there isn't going to be a company in the not too distant future.

No disrespect intended to those employees who have suffered, you all have, and most of us customers appreciate that.

We just won't be gouged and fed an inferior product for a higher price any more, and those numbers should start to show in the not too distant future.
I could care less about "the product" that's TEMPEs fault call PARKER, I just get point you from A to B as safley as possible other than that I have no control over "the product"

Doug is getting paid. The company is making money so the stockholders are happy. Those alone are the driving forces in what Dougie does. He will not explain, nor does he care about anything else.

Doug is getting paid. The company is making money so the stockholders are happy. Those alone are the driving forces in what Dougie does. He will not explain, nor does he care about anything else.
Ah, yes but he says one thing---then does another----that's called talking out of both sides of your mouth----regardless of money and stockholders----needs no explanation from my standpoint

This came up on my newsfeed:
US Airways No.1 in operating profit marginadvertisement

Article tools

E-mail this article
Print-friendly version
Discuss this article

All bizjournals.com news

US Airways Group Inc. had the highest operating profit margin of the country's airlines in the second quarter, a recent report says.

The Tempe, Ariz.-based carrier's operating profit margin topped nearly 14 percent in the second quarter with $319 million in profit, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, a division of the U.S. Department of Transportation.

That's higher than the average of all the network carriers, which was 9.2 percent.

US Airways' profit margin is also higher than in its second quarter last year, when the airline had a 12.6 percent profit margin.

Of the low-cost carriers, America West Airlines ranked among the lowest in profit margin, with an operating loss margin of 2.6 percent. The airline, which merged with US Airways in September 2005, operates as a separate airline under the Federal Aviation Administration. It lost $25 million in the second quarter. The airlines will report combined data later this year.

Low-cost carriers, as a whole, had an operating profit margin of about 8 percent in the second quarter.

US Airways (NYSE:LCC), which handles about 40 percent of traffic at Pittsburgh International Airport, also had the highest unit revenue for the second quarter. Its operating revenue was 19 cents per available seat mile compared with the network average of 14.8 cents per available seat mile.

The airline's total operating revenue for the second quarter was $2.3 billion. It ranks sixth of seven network carriers in operating revenue for the quarter.

At the same time, US Airways also had the highest cost per seat mile, at 16 cents. The network carriers averaged 13.4 cents per seat mile. The airline's cost per seat mile totaled nearly $2 billion, ranking it 6th out of seven network carriers in cost per seat mile.

Copyright 2007 bizjournals.com

So if DOT say its a merger, will that work for ya.

US Airways (NYSE:LCC), which handles about 40 percent of traffic at Pittsburgh International Airport, also had the highest unit revenue for the second quarter. Its operating revenue was 19 cents per available seat mile compared with the network average of 14.8 cents per available seat mile.

The airline's total operating revenue for the second quarter was $2.3 billion. It ranks sixth of seven network carriers in operating revenue for the quarter.

At the same time, US Airways also had the highest cost per seat mile, at 16 cents. The network carriers averaged 13.4 cents per seat mile. The airline's cost per seat mile totaled nearly $2 billion, ranking it 6th out of seven network carriers in cost per seat mile.

I've heard this since forever...I now believe that US Airways will be one of the last ones standing!

US is a text book case of how not to run a company but still survive. They should have died after the Piedmont failures but somehow continued on. I will not believe of the death of this airline until I actually see it.

We can all lament about the days when airlines were run by airline people. The truth is we now have the new breed of soleless CEO's like Parker, who really have no concept of customer service, or employee relations. These vultures are driven by money and ego. Dougs' ego wants to run the worlds biggest airline. The problem is he has no idea how to. You need a license to fly a plane, but they'll let any dam idiot run an airline.

There is a very good reason US got ATSB support (of of the few carriers to do so), gets favorable BK treatment, etc. The business community wants to make sure the virus of union busting and labor cuts spreads throughout the airline industry, one of the last bastions of good jobs.

Not uncoincidentally, the same virus ran thru the steel industry, and is now making its way thru the auto industry.

The new Robber Baron Era is before us.

The unions at Eastern got it right. They sacrificed a company to save the industry.

There is a very good reason US got ATSB support (of of the few carriers to do so), gets favorable BK treatment, etc. The business community wants to make sure the virus of union busting and labor cuts spreads throughout the airline industry, one of the last bastions of good jobs.

Not uncoincidentally, the same virus ran thru the steel industry, and is now making its way thru the auto industry.

The new Robber Baron Era is before us.

The unions at Eastern got it right. They sacrificed a company to save the industry.

It's hard to fight, when the unions are in the companies pocket.