Line And Bases Have Same Interests

Checking it Out said:
Please explain the last successful recall under Amfa? And the last unsuccessful attempts?

Under the TWU it takes one member to call for an investigation. We all have seen first hand how the system works.
Yes and that one member is Sonny Hall. Sonny Hall can and does remove officers chosen by a majority vote.

With AMFA recalls are not usually needed because the Democratic system already in place allows the members to removes LOPS. Tell us how any one member, except Sonny Hall, can remove Hall, Little , Gless or Yingst?

Bob,

Don't you get tired of "the tango"? Any member in good standing can file charges on any officer, either national or local and provided that the charges meet the constitutional requirements, the TWU has no choice, there will be a trial. You of all people should know this because after all, weren't you removed?

As far as the issue of this thread, I think we all should realize that no organization is perfect. We are all aware that there has been a division between the lines and bases and it's not a perceived one and it hasn't been propagated by one more than the other. Both are equally guilty. The fact is that if we don't fix it, we'll all pay in the end. It's in the best interest of everyone involved if we address the issues germane, in a joint venture rather than continue to pursue them as two separate groups. We all know that the bases have the voting power and that's why the bases should champion the causes that affect our line brothers and vise versa.
As far as the base leadership supporting things that hurt the lines, not to defend the actions of any but that has happened with leadership on each side. It's guys like Dave, Bob, Ken and others that spur this kind of hate and discontent. You can tell by your posts that if things aren't as you guys perceive, than you consider others as idiots. Frankly that’s a typical sign of hypocrisy, truthlessness and the acts of egomaniacs who desire to be something that they are not.

And when charges are filed against an officer, isn't it a Sonny Hall controlled board that decides the fate of the one accused

Why can't the TWU submit to an independent arbitrator to hear the case?

After all, it would be union vs. union!

jake said:
Bob,

Don't you get tired of "the tango"? Any member in good standing can file charges on any officer, either national or local and provided that the charges meet the constitutional requirements, the TWU has no choice, there will be a trial. You of all people should know this because after all, weren't you removed?

We are all aware that there has been a division between the lines and bases and it's not a perceived one and it hasn't been propagated by one more than the other. Both are equally guilty. The fact is that if we don't fix it, we'll all pay in the end. It's in the best interest of everyone involved if we address the issues germane, in a joint venture rather than continue to pursue them as two separate groups. We all know that the bases have the voting power and that's why the bases should champion the causes that affect our line brothers and vise versa.
As far as the base leadership supporting things that hurt the lines, not to defend the actions of any but that has happened with leadership on each side. It's guys like Dave, Bob, Ken and others that spur this kind of hate and discontent. You can tell by your posts that if things aren't as you guys perceive, than you consider others as idiots. Frankly that’s a typical sign of hypocrisy, truthlessness and the acts of egomaniacs who desire to be something that they are not.
jake, where have I ever "spurred" hate and discontent between the Line & Overhaul? The only "idiot" is the one that sees how poorly the twu has protected our profession and continues to support the twu. Please post where I have "spurred" hate and discontent between the Line and Overhaul. Until then you are a liar.

I have stated that I do not believe there is an Overhaul and Line. There is ONLY AMTs. Yes, the two have different responsibilities but our goal is the same. It is the twu that propagates this perceived divisuion.

As far as removing a twu international officer is about as easy as getting to vote for one. You stated, " As far as the issue of this thread, I think we all should realize that no organization is perfect.", you are correct. The twu nor AMFA are perfect. However, AMFA is better.

Ken,
With your own words you validate my points. You give your idea of what it takes to be an “idiot†under “Ken’s rulesâ€. If you don’t agree with “Ken’s rulesâ€, (which are basically the same as Dave’s and Bob’s) then you qualify. You say we are all mechanics and have the same goal. I say we don’t have the same core goals currently, but we should! What you guys promote on this board and others does create division, some of the ideas that your supporters at the president’s council promote creates division and for that matter some of the positions that the bases have taken has created division. Once again, no one here is blameless. What we must do is find common ground. What you amfa boys are going to have to get over is considering yourselves “better alone.†And what the TWU is going to have to get over is thinking that you guys don’t have valid issues. I must say Ken, judging from your posts that you are one who will deny that you are guilty of any wrong doing what-so-ever. So, I will not waste my time arguing with any of you, my point is to say to the level headed readers of this forum that regardless of what the issues are, there are ways to resolve them without being subjected to the things that are happing at other airlines. If we don’t come together, things will get a lot worse for our profession (the airline profession) before it gets better. I believe that all groups bring something to the table when it comes to strength. So once again, let’s get started. Let’s decide that all are valuable and let’s break down this gap between the bases and the lines.

Latest posts

Back