Say it ain't so!..........

How exactly is adding 3rd party maintenance a concession? They are trying to create revenue not cut your pay.

Maintenance is different, because the huge fixed costs associated with performing maintenance allows AA to compete with low cost providers. The hangers, tools, computer systems, medical benefits are all set. AA just has to pay the hourly rate. Its difficult to do third party flying, and AA already does some, though very little, 3rd party ground handling and management activities.

Maintenance is different.....

American Airlines Alliance Maintenance Base Sets $400 Million Goal By
End of 2008
Thursday May 11, 4:10 pm ET

MOD NOTE--MERGED DUPLICATE THREAD-Please keep the discussion of this topic in this thread.

Thanks

American Airlines Alliance Maintenance Base Sets $400 Million Goal By
End of 2008
Thursday May 11, 4:10 pm ET

MOD NOTE--MERGED DUPLICATE THREAD-Please keep the discussion of this topic in this thread.

Thanks
If nothing else "Bill" and his ilk do keep the moderators busy.

The fact is the company is less likely to reach their goals after they screwed over their workers. The excuse that a business should try to screw over its workers in order to get their owners a higher ROI is an unsound business practice. A company like AA took 75 years to get where it is today, to be greedy and ruin the morale of the workers of the company in order to meet short term profits and please short term investors will lead to the eventual demise of the company, and a loss to whoever happens to hold its stock at the time of its eventual collapse.

Productivity improvement -- how awful! :rolleyes:

Get back to work and quit bitching!

==========================================================

JS,

It's EPHATICALLY Clear, your still the Same ol' Company/Management "SHILL" that you always have been.

(As the other person said to you), "What the *UCK would you know about WORK " !!

UP YOURS !! :shock: :shock:

NH/BB's

QUOTE(JS @ May 11 2006, 11:45 PM) *

Productivity improvement -- how awful! rolleyes.gif

Get back to work and quit bitching!

Aren't we all glad you found time to get out of committee, to tell us to go back to work?
Why don’t you join us instead?

For all of you guys that are out of the loop:
There are some people in committees here at the base that had to join.
The majority of the rest(not all), are people that never produced.
Dont believe me?
Ask around.

On the bright side.

At least the company managed to “positionâ€￾ a lot of dead wood, and some very dangerous people , far away from the aircraft ( but in some cases not far enough).
I have to give that to management , even though that was not their intent.

==========================================================

JS,

It's EPHATICALLY Clear, your still the Same ol' Company/Management "SHILL" that you always have been.

(As the other person said to you), "What the *UCK would you know about WORK " !!

UP YOURS !! :shock: :shock:

NH/BB's

Nope, I don't work in AA management. Never have, likely never will.

I'm just a plain old employee, therefore I do know a lot about work.

How exactly is adding 3rd party maintenance a concession? They are trying to create revenue not cut your pay.

Maintenance is different, because the huge fixed costs associated with performing maintenance allows AA to compete with low cost providers. The hangers, tools, computer systems, medical benefits are all set. AA just has to pay the hourly rate. Its difficult to do third party flying, and AA already does some, though very little, 3rd party ground handling and management activities.
<_< ----- The way it's working here is that they (management) keep adding third party work, but not head count to do that additional work! In fact with the resent retirements, that's less head count! That my friend adds up to a concession in my book!!!! :down:

I couldn't agree more!
Say it aint so, MoJo is back and admitting to the non-stop concessions. What happened to all of your "we saved jobs" crap you and Steve were pushing? You can't say you weren't warned about the company-union you backed 100%.

"We Saved 12,000 Jobs and Three Maintenance Bases" with the industry leading "without further ratification" concessions.

Of course now, through attrition, we have lost 4000 plus jobs.

Seems like that dastardly Local President from New York that got removed from Office was trying to tell the morons of the negotiating committee that we were giving away headcount plus the wages/benefits with this company scheme because of the unprotected TWALLC Mechanics. But the stooges couldn't see the truth when presented right in front of their face....

...Or maybe not, maybe they could see it, but have been boot licking company suck asses since the day they were born?

Besides "MoJo13" is "lucky to have a job brother".

You think you're the only one losing jobs thru attrition? How many pilots and flight attendants have been recalled in the past two years? Like it or not, for every MD80 sent to Roswell, there are dozens of employees which are no longer needed.

That said, losing jobs thru attrition is a helluva lot better than losing jobs thru layoffs. At least the ones who leave get to do so on their timing and terms.

You think you're the only one losing jobs thru attrition? How many pilots and flight attendants have been recalled in the past two years? Like it or not, for every MD80 sent to Roswell, there are dozens of employees which are no longer needed.

That said, losing jobs thru attrition is a helluva lot better than losing jobs thru layoffs. At least the ones who leave get to do so on their timing and terms.

If you are laid off you get to collect unemployment.

I heard that at JFK over seven times the number that were granted put in for stand-in-stead.

You may think its great that AA has become such a lousy place to work that layoffs are no longer neccissary, because people are volunteering to leave, but I dont.

You must not get the point.

The point wasn't which way is best to lose jobs.

The point was that the TWU and all the bubbalievers said we saved ALL of the jobs by capitulating to industry leading concessions. Regardless of how the jobs were lost, the fact is, AA got the wage/benefit concessions plus the job loss in addition to the sellout.

TWU stooges claimed we had to take one or the other, not that we were hoodwinked into losing both.

Latest posts