591? Who cares?

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
May I ask why local 591 is such a hot topic on these forums? If TWU is on the way out then who cares?

Instead of wasting time and energy debating on who should run local 591 you should be investing that time and energy to showing TWU the door.

You are being manipulated again. The sad part of it is most of you do not even know it.

F
O
C
U
S

Do you feel the (forced) investment you have made into the TWU has paid off?

Why is the local 591 election relevant? Because until an election is called for and authorized, we cannot let the Soldevere/Videtich Ticket can continue to do damage. It may be a while before the election for representation takes place, we cannot allow them to take us down further against the industry. Do you think for a minute if the TWU loses the election, they wont screw us by signing away things out of spite? We need to make sure we put in place a group of guys who will defend us against both AA and the TWU International. The Soldevere/Videtich Ticket has said they will follow and support the TWU International to the end, the other group says they will continue doing what they have in the past - fight to stop us from getting screwed further and keep us informed of what the TWU International is up to.

Reactions: 2 people
May I ask why local 591 is such a hot topic on these forums? If TWU is on the way out then who cares?

Instead of wasting time and energy debating on who should run local 591 you should be investing that time and energy to showing TWU the door.

You are being manipulated again. The sad part of it is most of you do not even know it.

F
O
C
U
S

Do you feel the (forced) investment you have made into the TWU has paid off?

Do you want Tean Videtich giving away what little is left before a new union takes over? i don't. Vote for this in the meantime

I understand your points. Ultimately I feel this "consolidation" was just an attempt by the TWU International to distract the membership from the primary goal, getting rid of the TWU.

Manipulation at its finest.

From what I have seen International does whatever they want anyway. International claims "ownership" of the contract. Do you think having a different team in there will make a difference?

I do not.

It certainly did not make a difference in the consolidation.

Remember that bit about International accepting terms "in your best interest"?

They can do that brother!

Do not let this sideshow stunt distract you from the primary goal.

2013 MUST BE TWU FREE

I understand your points. Ultimately I feel this "consolidation" was just an attempt by the TWU International to distract the membership from the primary goal, getting rid of the TWU.

Manipulation at its finest.

From what I have seen International does whatever they want anyway. International claims "ownership" of the contract. Do you think having a different team in there will make a difference?

I do not.

It certainly did not make a difference in the consolidation.

Remember that bit about International accepting terms "in your best interest"?

They can do that brother!

Do not let this sideshow stunt distract you from the primary goal.

2013 MUST BE TWU FREE

Completely understand your points, but we cannot allow the international picked slate to run the show until a new union comes in.

Why is the local 591 election relevant? Because until an election is called for and authorized, we cannot let the Soldevere/Videtich Ticket can continue to do damage. It may be a while before the election for representation takes place, we cannot allow them to take us down further against the industry. Do you think for a minute if the TWU loses the election, they wont screw us by signing away things out of spite? We need to make sure we put in place a group of guys who will defend us against both AA and the TWU International. The Soldevere/Videtich Ticket has said they will follow and support the TWU International to the end, the other group says they will continue doing what they have in the past - fight to stop us from getting screwed further and keep us informed of what the TWU International is up to.

I believe you are 100% on the money here. The TWU is going to screw us until they are thrown off the property. Tulsa wake up your in for a big surprise soon if you keep supporting these losers!

Completely understand your points, but we cannot allow the international picked slate to run the show until a new union comes in.
As if the International has not ran the show with the multi-Local system? You guys come on here complaining about how undemocratic and controlling the TWU International is. Yet your actions and postings indicate you really believe otherwise. Which position is fact? My point has been since the start of this latest scam that you are wasting your time because of the structure of the TWU. Yet you guys defend what you are doing as if it matters. Funny Crap I tell ya. Like freaking battered wives!

As if the International has not ran the show with the multi-Local system? You guys come on here complaining about how undemocratic and controlling the TWU International is. Yet your actions and postings indicate you really believe otherwise. Which position is fact? My point has been since the start of this latest scam that you are wasting your time because of the structure of the TWU. Yet you guys defend what you are doing as if it matters. Funny Crap I tell ya. Like freaking battered wives!

Maybe try a bit more tact but, essentially yes.

Here let me offer my PR services.

TWU International has shown a history of manipulating the TWU Locals. Concerns have been voiced about about past TWU transgressions however, little action has been taken to correct it. Many people seem to be on the fence. The time to make a choice has come. The structure of the TWU makes it a challenge to initiate change on the memberships behalf. Our energy would be better spent removing the TWU. Let us break the cycle.

See?

I have a BS in BS. :)
I went to the University of TWU and majored in Spin Doctoring. Learn from the best I always say.

Nobody appreciates my Spin Doctoring?

It took 12 years under the TWU to learn to do that and tuition was expensive.

I never mastered outright lies.

What has the TWU taught you over your career?