We Want Our Local Back.

The Truth Will Set U Free said:
Bob. 

I named my self  The Truth Will Set U Free , because that is how I always conducted myself when I was in office . If I did something that people questioned me about I just told the truth. I didn't blame it on someone else.

I love the way every time the Local 591 Board does something wrong. The 1st thing out of your mouth is the international did it.
You guy game yourself a nice raise and instead of just saying Hey we like money. You blame it on the inter nation. Also anytime you dont want to do something you tell the people that we have to take it to the international. 

I am going to tell the people the TRUTH how this works. Maybe you dont even know.The International is going to do what ever you guys ask. If its to say no to something they say NO. If its to say yes to something they say yes. The all you have to do it blame them. It has always been that way. That is why you can't remove them. Also the way they are elected is also a joke. You go to Vegas and get whined and dined and then do what ever they tell you to do.The only time there is a challenge there it has come from Local 100. You me both know that all of this is the truth. 

Before you got elected to this Board I was told that you are a STAND up guy and I think you may still be, But this new power that you guys have now has messed up you guys big time. Stop blaming the international for everything. I know for a FACT that is how it works and I told everyone in Miami what I learn when I was Temp President. You  now that is a FACT.
What someone calls themselves doesn't say as much as what their peers call them. 

If the International is going to do whatever we say, then why didn't they remove Todd when you guys as a board removed him?  

Why did they continue with Local 591 when all five of us took them to court to stop it? 

If they are going to do whatever we say then why is Title II still spread out between 10 different Locals instead of being given the choice to either all go into M&R locals or all go to Fleet like we asked? 

While I think the present leadership is a huge improvement over what we had in the past the structure of the Union at that level has not changed. Now I tried to explain why the International will resist any attempt to disassemble Local 591, but you simply will chose to ignore that. I don't know of how hard of a sell Gary made with the returning to separate locals, and I doubt it would have made a difference. If it were my decision I would have ruled it out of order and told you to appeal it to the International based upon the fact the question was already raised and answered by the determination of the court in the lawsuit or come back with a petition with enough names showing this is what the majority wants us to pursue, yes there is a new administration, but there are some facts out there that may alter what you believe the truth is, that is if you chose to listen.Truth is what you believe to be correct based on the information you have, and I believe you are being truthful, but Facts require more than your beliefs. I have facts that you are obviously unaware of.

1. The TWU International under Little spent a lot more money than they took in.
2. The years of free spending under Little have placed serious financial strains upon the International.
3. The International was spending more on administering the AA system than any other employer group, more on AA than any other division, more than even Local 100 with 38000 members. 
4. The new administration has no intentions on continuing practices which have put the TWU in financial jeopardy.

Those are facts, IMO, based upon those facts and discussions I've had with them they have determined that the AA structure was unsustainable and Harry, unlike Little, is not willing to bend over backwards to make sure AA management gets whatever they want. 

Now as I already explained, they used to have Gless ($180,000 plus benefits , expenses car etc), Videtich ($155,000+ benis, car etc), Gordon Clark(???), Bob Vanderloo (??), Cris Oryiano (???), and a few others administering the AA contracts. These people were performiing functions that over at 556, 555, and pretty much every other Local in the TWU were handled by the Locals, at the Locals expense. If those Locals had appointed staff those appointed staff were hired by people elected by the members. Gless, Clark and Vanderloo are all back on their boxes, I don't know where Videtich is but he isn't at the ATD anymore and Oryiano went into management. These changes save the TWU probably close to $1 million a year. They are not going to go back to that system or structure with all those appointed people administering our contract.   

Being truthful requires more than just giving correct answers to the best of your beliefs on questions you want to answer. So I will ask you again. What exactly do you seek to gain by going back to small Locals? How will doing so benefit the entire membership and profession? 

Bob Owens said:
What someone calls themselves doesn't say as much as what their peers call them. 

If the International is going to do whatever we say, then why didn't they remove Todd when you guys as a board removed him?  

Why did they continue with Local 591 when all five of us took them to court to stop it? 

If they are going to do whatever we say then why is Title II still spread out between 10 different Locals instead of being given the choice to either all go into M&R locals or all go to Fleet like we asked? 

While I think the present leadership is a huge improvement over what we had in the past the structure of the Union at that level has not changed. Now I tried to explain why the International will resist any attempt to disassemble Local 591, but you simply will chose to ignore that. I don't know of how hard of a sell Gary made with the returning to separate locals, and I doubt it would have made a difference. If it were my decision I would have ruled it out of order and told you to appeal it to the International based upon the fact the question was already raised and answered by the determination of the court in the lawsuit or come back with a petition with enough names showing this is what the majority wants us to pursue, yes there is a new administration, but there are some facts out there that may alter what you believe the truth is, that is if you chose to listen.Truth is what you believe to be correct based on the information you have, and I believe you are being truthful, but Facts require more than your beliefs. I have facts that you are obviously unaware of.

1. The TWU International under Little spent a lot more money than they took in.
2. The years of free spending under Little have placed serious financial strains upon the International.
3. The International was spending more on administering the AA system than any other employer group, more on AA than any other division, more than even Local 100 with 38000 members. 
4. The new administration has no intentions on continuing practices which have put the TWU in financial jeopardy.

Those are facts, IMO, based upon those facts and discussions I've had with them they have determined that the AA structure was unsustainable and Harry, unlike Little, is not willing to bend over backwards to make sure AA management gets whatever they want. 

Now as I already explained, they used to have Gless ($180,000 plus benefits , expenses car etc), Videtich ($155,000+ benis, car etc), Gordon Clark(???), Bob Vanderloo (??), Cris Oryiano (???), and a few others administering the AA contracts. These people were performiing functions that over at 556, 555, and pretty much every other Local in the TWU were handled by the Locals, at the Locals expense. If those Locals had appointed staff those appointed staff were hired by people elected by the members. Gless, Clark and Vanderloo are all back on their boxes, I don't know where Videtich is but he isn't at the ATD anymore and Oryiano went into management. These changes save the TWU probably close to $1 million a year. They are not going to go back to that system or structure with all those appointed people administering our contract.   

Being truthful requires more than just giving correct answers to the best of your beliefs on questions you want to answer. So I will ask you again. What exactly do you seek to gain by going back to small Locals? How will doing so benefit the entire membership and profession? 

Redirect

Why did you not insist on the membership voting on the bylaw changes before they were implemented?

Why did you lie and say the International gave you raise?

Why do you not publish the UBP policy (new Baker letter) on officers being paid by the Company at 591 but not at 514 or 567?

591 is saving more than a million off of the Company paying part or all of your salaries. 10 officers punching a clock and disappearing off the floor saves the local a million alone.

Overspeed said:

Redirect

Why did you not insist on the membership voting on the bylaw changes before they were implemented?

Why did you lie and say the International gave you raise?

Why do you not publish the UBP policy (new Baker letter) on officers being paid by the Company at 591 but not at 514 or 567?

591 is saving more than a million off of the Company paying part or all of your salaries. 10 officers punching a clock and disappearing off the floor saves the local a million alone.
Those sound like questions you can bring up at the next meeting. Will we see you there? 

Reactions: 1 person
Bob

We have guys for that, Now that's a JOKE.... right..

have not seen JR since the time you did not come here. You really don't want to know what goes on here in Miami but this venue is NOT the place to discuss it. I told GP & GS before and nothing changed the scam still remains. "NO" I don't go to union meetings.
It would make me sick to listen to all the bs.

More people on Ub with new local than before. 

Bob you keep throwing the intl. names but you are not the Intl. It may of been nice at one point during the yr to see some one from the Intl. over the yrs. But not to see the Local people not acceptable. That is what I think truth is also talking about when he feels things were better.

For me I just want the TWU GONE nothing you or the others do at 591 is going to make a big enough difference come contract time to turn the failure of the TWU over the last 16yrs that I can speak of. The lack of info from GP on the equity is shameful.
The lack of push for the ruling from the judge on my pre fund match is a disgrace.

Some things have changed to help with regards to the paying of grievances. The right guys get paid now. Not just anyone who filed. But still way too much shoe shining here in Miami, can I carry you bag boss. I'll gets the door master.

O/S has some good point and I really hate to say that but, I do know he must be on the cool aide as well. Or was for a long time.

Accountability is what we DON'T have with the TWU. Never a straight answer, always a spin. Too many deals over the yrs to undo the corruption that the TWu and MGMT have with one another.

You may have lofty goals and hope of making a difference but be real Bob you know deep down it's all a fools game the TWU and AA are one.

AMFA at AA in 2014

Bob you like to say a  lot but none of it answers the question. The motion was made on the floor to give us our Local back. You tell me that Gary went to the international and you THINK he made a strong point.The TRUTH is you dont know what he did. Anything that he tells you is his version of the truth. 

YOU and Me both know Todd was one of the Boys and they were going to protect him no matter what. From what I hear about you I know you are not one of the Boys because they removed you. But what YOU and TODD have that little Fight. I called to get you to help us remove him. OK now let tell the TRUTH. Did you help. I know the TRUTH. Lets have you tell why you didn't want to get involved. You  was the one to bring up Todd. So tell everyone the Truth about what happened and why you didn't want to get involved. I can't wait to hear this one.

You guys keep talking about what Jim and Don did. They are gone. The only reason I bring up there name is because I would have hope that you guys would be different . I even kept my mouth closed to give you guys a chance. Well it been long enough and I am sure that all this new stuff is VERY hard. So If you were to be honest. Going back to the way the Locals were for YEARS. With the So call New international . If it worked all those years under People like Jim. Then it should be simple as hell to do it under these new guys. 

The reason WE want our Local back is so we can talk care of the Members as soon as they need us. Its not working now because no one has a clue to whats going on. The board that was in office when it was taken away was doing a VERY good job. The Guy that Beat me I take my hat off to HIM. 

I understand the problem of what happens at Contract Negotiations with the Role Call and all the other Bull that goes on. I agree with you that that needed to be fixed. But you are telling me that this is the only way it can be done.That is NOT the TRUTH and you know it. 

From the Little amount of time that I was involved with the Negotiations, All I saw was a lot of Hung Over Guys coming in everyday and sitting around BS til it was Lunch time and then the same thing until it was dinner time. That is the TRUTH. I came back and told the People in Miami and you know that made me NOT one of the Boys. So I guess Me and You will always have that in common . Bob Please know That I think you are trying to do a good job and i know how hard it is. Just remember that it what the people want. The truth is if you dont let the people VOTE. How do you EVER know what they want. What have you guy allowed one person to vote on since you have been over 591. 

Reactions: 2 people
The Truth Will Set U Free said:
Bob you like to say a  lot but none of it answers the question. The motion was made on the floor to give us our Local back. You tell me that Gary went to the international and you THINK he made a strong point.The TRUTH is you dont know what he did. Anything that he tells you is his version of the truth.
I told you what he told us, I have no reason not to believe him. I didn't say one way or the other whether he made a strong point, where did you get that? Here is what I said;" I don't know of how hard of a sell Gary made with the returning to separate locals, and I doubt it would have made a difference."  Therein lies the problem, you see what you want to see and do not take in or try to understand what the other person is saying, if you did that, along with your commitment to the truth you would probably win every election. 
  I told you how I would have handled it and I'm guessing you would not have liked that either. I would have ruled it out of order based on the fact that we already took it to court and lost.  Like I said if you want to pursue it you have options, you can appeal it to the International, or start a petition. I think either way will be a waste of time but its your time. I'm not going to keep going over the same thing.

YOU and Me both know Todd was one of the Boys and they were going to protect him no matter what. From what I hear about you I know you are not one of the Boys because they removed you. But what YOU and TODD have that little Fight. I called to get you to help us remove him. OK now let tell the TRUTH. Did you help. I know the TRUTH. Lets have you tell why you didn't want to get involved. You was the one to bring up Todd. So tell everyone the Truth about what happened and why you didn't want to get involved. I can't wait to hear this one.

Feel free to refresh my memory, I had discussions with you and MAC. From what I recall I said if you want to remove him go to the members and follow the recall process that you had in your bylaws and don't rely on a letter that he had signed during a previous term. How any of you guys supported him after the first term I cant figure out. There may have been a discussion as far as a trial for conduct unbecoming due to what happened in Kansas City. I really don't recall.

The reason WE want our Local back is so we can talk care of the Members as soon as they need us. Its not working now because no one has a clue to whats going on. The board that was in office when it was taken away was doing a VERY good job. The Guy that Beat me I take my hat off to HIM.

Ok so beyond what we have out there we need to improve communications, but I can honestly say we've been pretty busy. Not sure if you noticed but if you go to the website there is a lot of info there. We have the EBoard minutes as well as membership minutes, used to have to go to the Hall to see that. we also have the Financial Reports on line as well. When have you seen that? I think we have a lot of info out there but maybe we have not done a good enough job steering the guys to it.

I understand the problem of what happens at Contract Negotiations with the Role Call and all the other Bull that goes on. I agree with you that that needed to be fixed. But you are telling me that this is the only way it can be done.That is NOT the TRUTH and you know it.

It still needs to be fixed, and as you said we had the other locals for nearly 10 years and nothing was fixed, we could not even get the other line stations such as MCO, DCA, and RDU into maint Locals. Right now 591 is only 330 shy of what Tulsa has. With Local 567 allied with us we have more than they do, still need to fix Title II. It took way to long to get rid of Todd and Zimmerman, by the time Jorge and Peterson arrived the damage was done. We got this pushed on us but we are making it work. Are we there yet? no, but we will get there, what we will have with 591 will be better than what we had with five smaller Locals. You say this isn't the only way to fix it but it is what we are trying, have not seen an alternate plan from anybody.

From the Little amount of time that I was involved with the Negotiations, All I saw was a lot of Hung Over Guys coming in everyday and sitting around BS til it was Lunch time and then the same thing until it was dinner time. That is the TRUTH. I came back and told the People in Miami and you know that made me NOT one of the Boys. So I guess Me and You will always have that in common . Bob Please know That I think you are trying to do a good job and i know how hard it is. Just remember that it what the people want. The truth is if you dont let the people VOTE. How do you EVER know what they want. What have you guy allowed one person to vote on since you have been over 591.

I agree, negotiations was really a process of attrition, the idea was to drag things out and waste so much time that the people will accept anything to get it over with. Next time hopefully there will only be three Locals in the room, Stores negotiations were much more productive than ours, much smaller committee and Don was not really all that interested in micromanaging it. Steve Gukelberger wouldn't allow it and the other Stores people all backed him up. They dismissed Donnelly and told Richard to take a hike, our stores is the second highest paid in the industry behind SWA, they don't lose the half pay when sick, kept their OT rules  and the additional week of vacation that we lost.  Everyone sitting in their room was to work under the agreement they forged, that was not the case with us.

If you look at the website you will see that several votes are scheduled to take place. We needed to have a system in place to allow members to vote. The idea is to make it so every member has the same opportunity to vote not just the ones who are able to make it to a meeting. Like I said we are trying to go above and beyond to make things as transparent as possible, with minutes and Financial reports posted online and accessible to any member any time. as far as the Bylaws, if you look at the last page on the bylaws link on the website you will see the letter from the International telling us that all we needed to do to go forward was have the EBoard vote on it. That was just for the changes that we made to the bylaws that were imposed on us, the members can now follow the normal process for change. With that out of the way we immediately started running the elections for the Chairmen that was absent from the original bylaws. Then we ran elections for the stewards, that kept Jorge pretty tied up as he had to process all that stuff including checking, verifying and adding members as they signed up, may be easy when you know the people but now we are cross country.

I see no reason why you cant get from 591 what you used to get from 561. As far as information your Regional VP Jimmy would be the guy who you used to go to the President for. Instead of him asking Don, who was appointed he asks Gary, who you can vote out. Are there less people on the board in MIA? Yes but that was coming anyway.

Bob Owens said:
I told you what he told us, I have no reason not to believe him. I didn't say one way or the other whether he made a strong point, where did you get that? Here is what I said;" I don't know of how hard of a sell Gary made with the returning to separate locals, and I doubt it would have made a difference."  Therein lies the problem, you see what you want to see and do not take in or try to understand what the other person is saying, if you did that, along with your commitment to the truth you would probably win every election. 
  I told you how I would have handled it and I'm guessing you would not have liked that either. I would have ruled it out of order based on the fact that we already took it to court and lost.  Like I said if you want to pursue it you have options, you can appeal it to the International, or start a petition. I think either way will be a waste of time but its your time. I'm not going to keep going over the same thing.

Feel free to refresh my memory, I had discussions with you and MAC. From what I recall I said if you want to remove him go to the members and follow the recall process that you had in your bylaws and don't rely on a letter that he had signed during a previous term. How any of you guys supported him after the first term I cant figure out. There may have been a discussion as far as a trial for conduct unbecoming due to what happened in Kansas City. I really don't recall.

Ok so beyond what we have out there we need to improve communications, but I can honestly say we've been pretty busy. Not sure if you noticed but if you go to the website there is a lot of info there. We have the EBoard minutes as well as membership minutes, used to have to go to the Hall to see that. we also have the Financial Reports on line as well. When have you seen that? I think we have a lot of info out there but maybe we have not done a good enough job steering the guys to it.

It still needs to be fixed, and as you said we had the other locals for nearly 10 years and nothing was fixed, we could not even get the other line stations such as MCO, DCA, and RDU into maint Locals. Right now 591 is only 330 shy of what Tulsa has. With Local 567 allied with us we have more than they do, still need to fix Title II. It took way to long to get rid of Todd and Zimmerman, by the time Jorge and Peterson arrived the damage was done. We got this pushed on us but we are making it work. Are we there yet? no, but we will get there, what we will have with 591 will be better than what we had with five smaller Locals. You say this isn't the only way to fix it but it is what we are trying, have not seen an alternate plan from anybody.

I agree, negotiations was really a process of attrition, the idea was to drag things out and waste so much time that the people will accept anything to get it over with. Next time hopefully there will only be three Locals in the room, Stores negotiations were much more productive than ours, much smaller committee and Don was not really all that interested in micromanaging it. Steve Gukelberger wouldn't allow it and the other Stores people all backed him up. They dismissed Donnelly and told Richard to take a hike, our stores is the second highest paid in the industry behind SWA, they don't lose the half pay when sick, kept their OT rules  and the additional week of vacation that we lost.  Everyone sitting in their room was to work under the agreement they forged, that was not the case with us.

If you look at the website you will see that several votes are scheduled to take place. We needed to have a system in place to allow members to vote. The idea is to make it so every member has the same opportunity to vote not just the ones who are able to make it to a meeting. Like I said we are trying to go above and beyond to make things as transparent as possible, with minutes and Financial reports posted online and accessible to any member any time. as far as the Bylaws, if you look at the last page on the bylaws link on the website you will see the letter from the International telling us that all we needed to do to go forward was have the EBoard vote on it. That was just for the changes that we made to the bylaws that were imposed on us, the members can now follow the normal process for change. With that out of the way we immediately started running the elections for the Chairmen that was absent from the original bylaws. Then we ran elections for the stewards, that kept Jorge pretty tied up as he had to process all that stuff including checking, verifying and adding members as they signed up, may be easy when you know the people but now we are cross country.

I see no reason why you cant get from 591 what you used to get from 561. As far as information your Regional VP Jimmy would be the guy who you used to go to the President for. Instead of him asking Don, who was appointed he asks Gary, who you can vote out. Are there less people on the board in MIA? Yes but that was coming anyway.

Bottom line is you guys did not allow the membership vote on the bylaws and you are again blaming the International for saying you could do it without a membership vote. But you also blame the International for meddling in negotiations. The International is a very convenient tool for you when it comes to avoiding accountability. You say you are for the members except when it when you want to control the outcome. You have become the very same people that you say you are against but now you are part of the machine. Good for you Bob, you are part of the unaccountable leadership club.

Overspeed said:

Bottom line is you guys did not allow the membership vote on the bylaws and you are again blaming the International for saying you could do it without a membership vote. But you also blame the International for meddling in negotiations. The International is a very convenient tool for you when it comes to avoiding accountability. You say you are for the members except when it when you want to control the outcome. You have become the very same people that you say you are against but now you are part of the machine. Good for you Bob, you are part of the unaccountable leadership club.
So, Overspeed, if that's what you say Bob Owens has become, than that should sit just fine with you because that is the TWU system which you have so vehemently defended and supported. Owens should be your hero now.

Reactions: 6 people
Overspeed said:

Bottom line is we are not unaccountable, in fact one of the changes we made was Recall, so you dont have to wait for an election to remove me and if you want you can make a motion to cut my pay, the fact is the International imposed the bylaws on us, we said we could not work with them as written, we made changes and we complied with their directions. Funny how the fact that they imposed Bylaws on us and dissolved the Locals without a membership vote doesnt bother you, just the pay bothers you. We were hoping to have it all done by May or early June, then we could have put it out for a membership vote and carried on with getting the Local running but it dragged on till August, holding up the elections for Chairmen and stewards, putting it to a membership vote would have dragged things out that much longer, then you would be complaining why is it taking so long. We needed to get the Local working. If you think we are paid too much go make a motion to have our pay cut to whatever you feel it should be. None of that was an option as far as Don with his $150k plus a Union paid for Truck, A-5 travel for both business and pleasure and his pension based on what the Union reported unlike other forms of leave where the pension is based on what you would have made under the contract had you not taken the leave. For me, one of the highest paid in the Local ,it comes out to the equivelent of 9 hrs OT a week, I put in a lot more than that, so do the other guys. If the members feel strongly about it they will make a motion to cut the pay or start a recall, but so far I only hear a few anonymous people with sour grapes complaining about it.

Bob Owens said:
Bottom line is we are not unaccountable, in fact one of the changes we made was Recall, so you dont have to wait for an election to remove me and if you want you can make a motion to cut my pay, the fact is the International imposed the bylaws on us, we said we could not work with them as written, we made changes and we complied with their directions. Funny how the fact that they imposed Bylaws on us and dissolved the Locals without a membership vote doesnt bother you, just the pay bothers you. We were hoping to have it all done by May or early June, then we could have put it out for a membership vote and carried on with getting the Local running but it dragged on till August, holding up the elections for Chairmen and stewards, putting it to a membership vote would have dragged things out that much longer, then you would be complaining why is it taking so long. We needed to get the Local working. If you think we are paid too much go make a motion to have our pay cut to whatever you feel it should be. None of that was an option as far as Don with his $150k plus a Union paid for Truck, A-5 travel for both business and pleasure and his pension based on what the Union reported unlike other forms of leave where the pension is based on what you would have made under the contract had you not taken the leave. For me, one of the highest paid in the Local ,it comes out to the equivelent of 9 hrs OT a week, I put in a lot more than that, so do the other guys. If the members feel strongly about it they will make a motion to cut the pay or start a recall, but so far I only hear a few anonymous people with sour grapes complaining about it.

No it all bothers me. The local structure, no input from the membership, the pay linkage, and the fact that we all get it. You all are politicians. You promsie everything and deliver only on the things that benefit you. Throw all the rocks on unaccountable and appointed reps. How about the reps that left over the past few months that were appointed? Didn't the 591 board appoint people to fill those spots? So you complain about it when you are the ones not making the rules or appointments but now that you are in, it all of a sudden makes sense.

So take the motion forward on the locals being re-established? Let the members participate in the process. Make your arguments as to why it is a bad idea and let the members decide. That's the democracy you talk about but don't provide to the members.

Yes, you are unaccountable until you let the members decide. The recall process sounds good but you and I know that it is BS. It won't happen because your are expecting a membership tired of political fights that provide us nothing.

The Don appointment is over. Find a new person to blame. It's on you now to make improvements in the union and making the dues collection process automated sounds like a more efficient way for you to shake us down for protection money so you can keep your pockets well lined.

MetalMover said:
So, Overspeed, if that's what you say Bob Owens has become, than that should sit just fine with you because that is the TWU system which you have so vehemently defended and supported. Owens should be your hero now.

True. I feel that I am pointing out that he is liar and not a revolutionary in the cause of organized labor.

As I read this thread I realized that it is the same discussion that the TWU membership
and its elected (or selected) officials have been having for the 27 years I have been a 
member, only the subject matter has changed. 
The common theme is the International has been serving itself & not the membership,
and doing so in a questionable fashion. The ultimate self serving act is the plan to keep
both unions the TWU & IAM at American, with both International Kingdoms intact.

If you have not had enough of the misinformation & deception , then you are the problem

Reactions: 2 people
You are not going to get your local back.
End of discussion.
The 'Powers That Be' has made the decision on your behalf and need no further input from you.
Not the first time nor the last.
What do you guys N'Gals need to show how your union is screwing you? View attachment 10144
I am amazed that some here can even vote in MeriKan national elections...

:p
B) xUT

AMFAinMIAMI said:
Bob

We have guys for that, Now that's a JOKE.... right..

have not seen JR since the time you did not come here. You really don't want to know what goes on here in Miami but this venue is NOT the place to discuss it. I told GP & GS before and nothing changed the scam still remains. "NO" I don't go to union meetings.
It would make me sick to listen to all the bs.

More people on Ub with new local than before. 

Bob you keep throwing the intl. names but you are not the Intl. It may of been nice at one point during the yr to see some one from the Intl. over the yrs. But not to see the Local people not acceptable. That is what I think truth is also talking about when he feels things were better.

For me I just want the TWU GONE nothing you or the others do at 591 is going to make a big enough difference come contract time to turn the failure of the TWU over the last 16yrs that I can speak of. The lack of info from GP on the equity is shameful.
The lack of push for the ruling from the judge on my pre fund match is a disgrace.

Some things have changed to help with regards to the paying of grievances. The right guys get paid now. Not just anyone who filed. But still way too much shoe shining here in Miami, can I carry you bag boss. I'll gets the door master.

O/S has some good point and I really hate to say that but, I do know he must be on the cool aide as well. Or was for a long time.

Accountability is what we DON'T have with the TWU. Never a straight answer, always a spin. Too many deals over the yrs to undo the corruption that the TWu and MGMT have with one another.

You may have lofty goals and hope of making a difference but be real Bob you know deep down it's all a fools game the TWU and AA are one.

AMFA at AA in 2014

The number of people on UB is not the problem in as much as it is stated that it is needed to do work for the members. That would entail they are actually out on the floor once in a while helping the members. Is there really that much "office work" that can't be done at the station? I understand that now 591 is paying for officers to go to college under the guise of it being good for the membership. I don't remember us voting on that expense but Bob would rather point to how bad the old regime was at feeding at the TWU trough but don't hold them to the same standard.

Letting us vote before implementing the new bylaws, being so pissed off about merging of the locals as bad and now saying its good, and spending members money on officers personal education demonstrates that nothing has changed.

Latest posts