We Want Our Local Back.

Overspeed said:

The number of people on UB is not the problem in as much as it is stated that it is needed to do work for the members. That would entail they are actually out on the floor once in a while helping the members. Is there really that much "office work" that can't be done at the station? I understand that now 591 is paying for officers to go to college under the guise of it being good for the membership. I don't remember us voting on that expense but Bob would rather point to how bad the old regime was at feeding at the TWU trough but don't hold them to the same standard.

Letting us vote before implementing the new bylaws, being so pissed off about merging of the locals as bad and now saying its good, and spending members money on officers personal education demonstrates that nothing has changed.

O/S speed my point exactly the number of times we actually see union leaders in any given week is terrible. Its a scam. But that is your TWU. Its been that way forever, now with one local evident. 

Do you actually have proof that the local is paying for union leaders to go to college on the premiss that it will benefit the membership better?

If so then give us that proof? Show us all and since Bob has said we can recall them them why haven't you started that process. Then you can attempt to get one of your TWU pals to replace the members of 591 that get removed for fraud using dues to better themselves.

Being accountable is something the TWU has NEVER been.

AMFA at AA 2014

Reactions: 3 people
AMFAinMIAMI said:

O/S speed my point exactly the number of times we actually see union leaders in any given week is terrible. Its a scam. But that is your TWU. Its been that way forever, now with one local evident. 

Do you actually have proof that the local is paying for union leaders to go to college on the premiss that it will benefit the membership better?

If so then give us that proof? Show us all and since Bob has said we can recall them them why haven't you started that process. Then you can attempt to get one of your TWU pals to replace the members of 591 that get removed for fraud using dues to better themselves.

Being accountable is something the TWU has NEVER been.

AMFA at AA 2014

The UBP issue is more of that only 591 officers and reps get it. 514 and 567 are on their own. Bob raised this as an issue for years saying it was nothing more than hush money since it was allowed by management. That management could pull the plug if the TWU reps got to be a pain. So why did they negotiate a side LOA for 591 if they said it was a scam? Maybe because they are in office and want it for themselves. Could the local afford to pay for all these phantom reps if they did not have the UBP? Could they afford to pay the college tuition if the UBP did not exist?

A former 565 officer told us about the tuition payments. Said GP and GS admit it if you ask them.

The only way to get our locals back is to change the name on the union door.
We can make that change happen if we really want too.
We need to focus our efforts on my opening sentence.

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
All due respect, I would flip the order of sentences 1 & 2. The name can't change until people really want it to.

Does that require changing unions and will that really help in the long run?

Overspeed said:

Does that require changing unions and will that really help in the long run?
O/S

"YES" it does require changing UNIONS, the failure of the TWU to protect and represent the membership for many years
has us at a point that the company/union line are the same.

O/S lets get a vote here and see which way the membership votes.

Reactions: 2 people
AMFAinMIAMI said:
O/S

"YES" it does require changing UNIONS, the failure of the TWU to protect and represent the membership for many years
has us at a point that the company/union line are the same.

O/S lets get a vote here and see which way the membership votes.

My concern is that the change is driven off of emotion and not fact based. If there was a vote today I have very little doubt of which way it would land. I do not want to end up like UAL switching back to an industrial union or AS who just let all the overhaul go in OAK after choosing AMFA. Things got worse there before they ever started to get better, and it did not get better for all. UAL has not brought back more work like the IBT stated and AS still has no overhaul.

More than 10 years ago I posted disbelief that a single union comprised of Southwest flight attendants, NYC subway and bus drivers and various groups of ground employees at AA, among others,  was really in the best interest of AA's mechanics.    I believe that the events of the past decade reveal some evidence that I was correct.   And I wasn't alone.   

The formerly communist-led TWU may have been good for AA employees some generations ago, before the debut of the turbine engine.   But it's 2014, not 1946.    Time to try something new.     The alternatives could hardly be any worse.   

Reactions: 3 people
FWAAA said:
More than 10 years ago I posted disbelief that a single union comprised of Southwest flight attendants, NYC subway and bus drivers and various groups of ground employees at AA, among others,  was really in the best interest of AA's mechanics.    I believe that the events of the past decade reveal some evidence that I was correct.   And I wasn't alone.   

The formerly communist-led TWU may have been good for AA employees some generations ago, before the debut of the turbine engine.   But it's 2014, not 1946.    Time to try something new.     The alternatives could hardly be any worse.   
IMHO, that will never happen.
Look at the history of the twu infestation and the complacent membership.
First for a 10 year wage progression.
First for the OSM position.
IMHO, the problem is the membership.

B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts