$70 Oil Business Plan

legacy-to-LCC said:
as is typical, ignorance prevails...of course, islam is an easy target when you (collective, of course; i too pay too much for gas) are the loser...
your selected (and, undoubtedly, inherited) ideology is hollow at best. to be sure, you are indeed a biggot! you exploit religion and culture for one reason: you have no clue! the oil rich nations conduct business (separate business from culture and religion, moron!) the same way your own execs conduct business=profit motive. i would encourage you to think about such an intellectual, if logical, proposition, however, i now recognize your capacities...
at the end of the day, you should be sanctioned by your shallowness, and embarrassed by your ignorance. but, alas, 'w' is your savior. see you in hell!!!
[post="293974"][/post]​

Man, you're right. How could I let myself be so
bigoted? It's not like OPEC is a cartel or anything,
and it's not like the majority of the oil produced
for OPEC is recovered by Islamic states.

Get real. The sooner we all realize we're being
taken for a ride by these crazed nation states,
the better of we'll be. Do you realize they sell
oil by the billion barrels, and if they charge
just $11 per bbl, they make insane profits?
Greed and jihad. That is the only rational
explanation for the current situation.

And when are you going to realize it is not OPEC but our own oil companies who make the most money from oil.

The consumer does not buy oil from OPEC, they buy it from the oil companies.

The price of crude on the opec oil site is $59.75 on Thursday's close.

By the way, call the EAS you got issues.

Got a funny from a friend that is most a propos in this discussion...

OIL SHORTAGE?

A lot of folks can't understand how we came to have an oil shortage here in our country. Well, there's a very simple answer.

Nobody bothered to check the oil. We just didn't know we were getting low.

The reason for that is purely geographical. Our OIL is located in Alaska, California,
Oklahoma, and Texas.

Our DIPSTICKS are located in WashingtonDC. :lol:

OPEC does not get oil from drilling platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.

OPEC oil is cheaper then US oil. US price is $66 a barrel.

SpinDoc said:
Man, you're right. How could I let myself be so
bigoted? It's not like OPEC is a cartel or anything,
and it's not like the majority of the oil produced
for OPEC is recovered by Islamic states.

Get real. The sooner we all realize we're being
taken for a ride by these crazed nation states,
the better of we'll be. Do you realize they sell
oil by the billion barrels, and if they charge
just $11 per bbl, they make insane profits?
Greed and jihad. That is the only rational
explanation for the current situation.
[post="293977"][/post]​
you use the word "jihad" as if you actually understand what that means... problematic; a symptom of ignorance and hegemonic tendencies...
i understand a lot more than you, by the way...and, economics 101 is no exception. and, opec--which is a lot more complex than your red-hued beliefs would allow you to ever believe, or, god-forbid understand--is not a culture, religion, and/or identity. it is a collection of, dare i say, profit motivated, not unlike any western business person, men.
the "only rational explanation" for you to consider is: economics 101, and, islam 101. religion and culture have nothing to do with the corruption associated with financial gain. an easy target; an ignorant attacker.

SpinDoc said:
SpinDoc said:
So... In your summation, the (edited) have won this
battle, eh?

Oh. and another thing....

Do we, as a country, really want the (edited)
and oil companies to keep on abusing us the way
they are? He11, they have basically put all but 3
or 4 airlines in the U.S. on life support, and that
makes me pissed beyond belief. If I were under
35 years old, I would enlist in the U.S. Military
just to go over there and kick their butts back
into reality.
[post="293904"][/post]​

Yet another example of someone that was beat up and bullied for their lunch money in elementary school.

700UW said:
OPEC does not get oil from drilling platforms in the Gulf of Mexico.

OPEC oil is cheaper then US oil. US price is $66 a barrel.
[post="293997"][/post]​

Excuse me...

Oil Soars to Record as Hurricane Katrina Shuts U.S. Production

Aug. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Crude oil soared to a record above $70 a barrel in New York after Hurricane Katrina forced companies including Exxon Mobil Corp. and Chevron Corp. to shut operations in the Gulf of Mexico, where 30 percent of U.S. oil is produced.

Bloomberg.com

Go to OPEC's web page, I was talking about OPEC Oil, not US oil.

So you are excused.

Bush Weighs Tapping Strategic Oil Reserve

WACO, Texas (Aug. 29) - President Bush weighed a decision on whether to release some oil from the nation's petroleum reserves to help refiners hurt by Hurricane Katrina, administration officials said Monday. A decision was expected later in the day.

The storm already forced the shutdown of an estimated 1 million barrels of refining capacity along the nation's Gulf Coast.

Adminstration officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly, said Bush seemed likely to authorize a loan of some oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve but that details remained in flux.

In 2004, the president authorized loans from the reserve to help refiners make up for missing supplies when Hurricane Ivan struck.

Latest posts

Back