700UW you missed an update, WTF

total agreement

exactly...

hold the phone.....they're talking transition discussions which aren't sec 6 neg's...now you're sounding foggy....please...excellent post up to here.

Call it what you want Delldude. Section 6, transition, bottom line is that its wishful thinking to even hint that the Abrogated contract articles mentioned on the survey will be reopened in 'increased benefit' ways that these unions are alleging.

Yes, things other than seniority will have to be worked out to transition. For fleet that means the America West employees may have to be transitioned into the IAM pension plan if there is no election. It doesn't mean there is an increased benefit under the Abrogated IAM fleet contract, just that you got to fit another group under it.

The transition should also mean one pay scale instead of two. This is where I felt the IBT/CWA did a pitiful job of bringing the America West passenger service employees up to current USeast pay levels. Instead of having the same pay scale, the IBT/CWA chose to bring the USwest employees up in installments.

Further, I felt the IBT/CWA was lacking by allowing more work to be contracted out when working out the transitional scope clause. Sure, a few more stations got reclassified but now even Shift managers can work in every station on the frontlines and do work that others are paying dues for. Another win for Management.
Mindboggling indeed.

regards,

I have known about the survey, just did not want to post it on here.

I have missed nothing, the thread should be IAM Survey not about me.

I just wanted to know why you post every other IAM update and letter to the membership, but why did you not want to post this???

Still one question that the IAM has not answered( unlike they have their answer) is
Where is it written in stone that the current IAM cba is automatically the sucsessor contract?? so the POR says as a means for exiting BK, but does US's BK have any bearing on employees from another company???

Where is it written in stone that the current IAM cba is automatically the sucsessor contract?? so the POR says as a means for exiting BK, but does US's BK have any bearing on employees from another company???
if you look up on NMB's site...under 'recent determinations' it lists the single carrier and the union awarded..why? BTSOOM.... ;)

if you look up on NMB's site...under 'recent determinations' it lists the single carrier and the union awarded..why? BTSOOM.... ;)

If it is the case that I could be forced under a contract that I had no say in having, then why don't other companies merge to have the same effect???
Find a company with a better contract for the comapny's purpose, then by it and tell those employees.. Sorry you gotta take it or else quit!!!!

What about the laast 142 update that ask the NMB to rule this as a case by case ruling, meaning the precedence is not a factor???

It happens all the the time.

With every airline merger once single carrier status is declared everyone will fall under the exsisting CBA.

Just like Piedmont and PSA employees fell under the IAM/US CBA.

Happens in every merger.

It happens all the the time.

With every airline merger once single carrier status is declared everyone will fall under the exsisting CBA.

Just like Piedmont and PSA employees fell under the IAM/US CBA.

Happens in every merger.

this is not " every merger", show me where 2 airlines our size merged, or a smaller airline taking over control and merging a larger one into it's operations and see if it fits "every merger"
If SCS ruling was the end all, be all, why wer'nt we put under the contract then and not have the oppurtunity to get a vote???

A merger is a merger.

Piedmont was equal or larger then US Air.

Apparently you have not been through any mergers those of us at East have been through several.

this is not " every merger", show me where 2 airlines our size merged, or a smaller airline taking over control and merging a larger one into it's operations and see if it fits "every merger"
If SCS ruling was the end all, be all, why wer'nt we put under the contract then and not have the oppurtunity to get a vote???

700uw is 100% right. There is simply no case work to suggest that the other unions will be even remotely successful in their argument.

It's strictly political and that is why they are telling their members that 'our attorneys are saying we may be able to keep our current CBA and section 6's."

Look, I wish I were wrong because certainly IAM members have experienced deep 'pain' with this contract that the judge abrogated. 700 is also right about the single carrier status. Nonetheless, both the IBT and TWU are not giving up the fight to establish new precedent and I don't blame them one bit.

regards,

They have a survey on their site which is yet another way they are trying to appear that they are the clear cut winners.. just more propaganda
How can you call this propaganda?? ;) It provides ZERO, NONE, NADA, NO information. Just another cut everyone into the same mold type of stuff.

I sure hope this isn't the "organizing" effort of the IAM. :down:

There's no "OTHER" selection for workgroup listing.........aka non union but being FORCED, screw the accreded word. Let's call it what it is. FORCED or FORCED to leave the company. Either way, it's not an individuals choice, except to leave.

Imagine not having a say in the contract you are forced to work under as well as not having a say whether or not you chose to be in a union. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Me, I'd rather take my chances with the IBT and at least have the hope that things can be changed and changed for the better.

UW, you have never answered this question, If the tables were turned and you were in our place, what would you do?????

Tim I probably never agree with you on anything.

But your post is quite accurate.

There can be improvements to the contract during transition talks but they will come at a price.
:up: This is one of the few threads that has been posted that sounds mature, intelligent and indicates that both IAM/IBT/and nonmembers are not the knuckle dragging, nose picking, tire kickers that is often protrayed.

Thanks! :D :D

UW, you have never answered this question, If the tables were turned and you were in our place, what would you do?????
EXCELLENT question!! I think a lot of people would like to hear that. Honest answers please. Too many times those on the west are expected to understand because those on the west haven't been through a bunch of mergers or a bunch of bankruptcies.........we the west has had their share.

Anyone up to the challenge?? :unsure:

EXCELLENT question!! I think a lot of people would like to hear that. Honest answers please. Too many times those on the west are expected to understand because those on the west haven't been through a bunch of mergers or a bunch of bankruptcies.........we the west has had their share.

Anyone up to the challenge?? :unsure:
Come on people. Let's have a little feedback. What would you do if you were from the America West side??? I am shocked that no one has responded. I would think someone would take the challenge.

Come on people. Let's have a little feedback. What would you do if you were from the America West side??? I am shocked that no one has responded. I would think someone would take the challenge.

We know their answer is that past practice would dictate the IAM cba would be in effect..........

We know their answer is that past practice would dictate the IAM cba would be in effect..........
700AW, you asked as well and I don't think you or I would accept that answer........just asking for the personal side of what the "east" people would do if they were in the west's shoes.

Hours later and still NOTHING from any of them. Maybe they are thinking about it. We'll see.