700UW you missed an update, WTF

Stop claiming a decertification vote is in anyone's best interest. Except of course the relentless management stooges.

Imagine not having a say in the contract you are forced to work under as well as not having a say whether or not you chose to be in a union.

you miss the boat here?...members did in fact have a say to the contract modifications or did that fly by you?they did in fact approve the changes and agreed to 2009.you're letting your imagination run amok.

Me, I'd rather take my chances with the IBT and at least have the hope that things can be changed and changed for the better.

how would you know either is good or bad as you apparently are not represented ?

QUOTE(700AW @ Mar 27 2006, 10:03 AM)

They have a survey on their site which is yet another way they are trying to appear that they are the clear cut winners.. just more propaganda

How can you call this propaganda?? It provides ZERO, NONE, NADA, NO information. Just another cut everyone into the same mold type of stuff.

I sure hope this isn't the "organizing" effort of the IAM.

There's no "OTHER" selection for workgroup listing.........aka non union but being FORCED, screw the accreded word. Let's call it what it is. FORCED or FORCED to leave the company. Either way, it's not an individuals choice, except to leave.

Imagine not having a say in the contract you are forced to work under as well as not having a say whether or not you chose to be in a union.
My reference is to the accreded employees, NOT current members of either union. But it would also apply to IBT members since the IAM contract is not one that they had a say in. Thus the push for a NEW contract which I would think BOTH sides would want to push for. Or at least, some decent transition agreements.

Me, I'd rather take my chances with the IBT and at least have the hope that things can be changed and changed for the better.
I have been with the IBT before....twice in the past 18 years. So I do know their side. I do NOT know the IAM side....except for this board and the web sites. Information has been requested but none has been forthcoming so..........???
No boat missed here. The only thing missing is the entire post, which you failed to quote. You failed to respond to the entire post, which is above.

wasn't aware there was a rule that you have to respond to the entire post.

besides,mod's always gripe about quoting entire posts....
Nope, no rule. Moderators don't like quoting lengthy posts.

Still no responses as to how others would handle the same situation........... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

your responces are an indication of the enthusiasm there will be if IBT ever gets to have their vote... ;)
Oh no......... :shock: Seems to be somewhat geographical also........or just the leftovers of the old US Airways. Or is it an IAM union mentality. ;)

like I said :shock: .....the bulk of the vote needed to

achieve 50%+1 comes east of mississippi...so does the "i

don't care mentality".

I recieved a confirmation from the NMB that the 50+1 vote is that out of the entire group that is voting, 50%+1 has to vote, then the votes are counted and who ever has the most votes wins, not that one side has to get 50%+1

I recieved a confirmation from the NMB that the 50+1 vote is that out of the entire group that is voting, 50%+1 has to vote, then the votes are counted and who ever has the most votes wins, not that one side has to get 50%+1
its 50% + 1 of the eligible members which IBT is attempting to dispute.depending on the outcome of this dispute filed by IBT,that 50% could be quite a burden if as usual,the apathetic do not participate.

but still the bulk of the work group resides east of ol' miss...and they still carry the weight of your 50%+1.

its 50% + 1 of the eligible members which IBT is attempting to dispute.depending on the outcome of this dispute filed by IBT,that 50% could be quite a burden if as usual,the apathetic do not participate.

but still the bulk of the work group resides east of ol' miss...and they still carry the weight of your 50%+1.

but still it is not the 50%+1 of the eligible group having to vote for one rep to prevent a decert...

but still it is not the 50%+1 of the eligible group having to vote for one rep to prevent a decert...
we're not communicating.....
the combined total workforce between U and AWA comprises some 6-7000 members between M&R....there is a dispute that some of the U side people should be excluded by the IBT...so be it...let NMB decide...but...my point is that between the combined workgroups from both east and west....the majority of the voting body is represented on the east side of the corporation.and this is where the apathy abounds and no matter which group claims what,i am concerned.....you should be too.....AWA leans heavy IBT...thats fine...but if every one of the represented groups on the west side votes 100%,still they will not represent 50%....without the easties....get it now?

Latest posts