757's

ced

Jun 12, 2006
Visit site
hi all,
just read on airliners.net that's there's a rumour that fx wants to buy something like 90 757's.
not surprised to read this after the 737 rumour

cedrik

$2.6 billion :shock:
http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2...25/daily14.html
I wonder what the 727 SO's are thinking about this artical.
As a plus it reduces greenhouse gas emissions :p
I do remember the 737 rumors, but those never really made it to press like this did.
hi speedbrake,

i remember when we had dc10's in cdg that the so's place was most of the time an old captain or f/o, and with the md10 conversions i don't think they laid em off
with the fleet expansion, the gonna be f/o's

cedrik

A 737 might be a good replacement for a 727-100 or a DC9 but not a -200. Last I checked 73's hold 8 pallets, 72-200's hold 12 and 75's hold 15.

Thats not the point I was trying to make.Point being that the 757 is still very much in demand with passenger lines, and finding 90 airframes to convert into freighters is going to be an uphill climb.

733's and 734's are readily available in larger numbers.What is the current 727 mission at FDX? Hub feeder?

Thats not the point I was trying to make.Point being that the 757 is still very much in demand with passenger lines, and finding 90 airframes to convert into freighters is going to be an uphill climb.

Really? I mean aren't there still quite a few in the desert(s)?

733's and 734's are readily available in larger numbers.What is the current 727 mission at FDX? Hub feeder?

Yes. Along with ATR72's, Cessna 208's and (I believe) some F27's.

Really? I mean aren't there still quite a few in the desert(s)?

I don't think there are large numbers of 757's sitting idle in the sands.Look how quickly ILFC placed ten of the Ex TWA 757's we're returning starting next year at Delta.

Hell , when the announcement was made on our intranet site it made note of the fact the lessor had already placed all ten of the aircraft.

I don't think there are large numbers of 757's sitting idle in the sands.Look how quickly ILFC placed ten of the Ex TWA 757's we're returning starting next year at Delta.
Hell , when the announcement was made on our intranet site it made note of the fact the lessor had already placed all ten of the aircraft.

I hear FedEx has already located them. :up:

One thing about FedEx is they never have issues acquiring acft. The 757 is in the press "with" dates and not to mention the $2.6B.....

Will Fedex perform the conversion on these 757's, or will that work be farmed out?

I don't think Fedex does conversions, I could be wrong but Im pretty sure they've always contracted the heavy stuff out.

perhaps a FE Mechanic could confirm?

I don't think Fedex does conversions, I could be wrong but Im pretty sure they've always contracted the heavy stuff out.

perhaps a FE Mechanic could confirm?

hi,
we don't do conversions, md11&md10's at aeronavalli in naples, and airbuses in dresden, and boeing i have no idea of that, i'm sure they converted the last 727 when i was still a kid

Latest posts

Back