PHL-LGW going to a 757 in Sept!

Here's a question, with the state that envoy is in these days, who the heck PAYS for it?????

Here's a question, with the state that envoy is in these days, who the heck PAYS for it?????
Apparently not enough people. Envoy transatlantic on the 330 is not that bad.. I flew DL a few months back and theirs is quite comparable.... Guess since not many are paying, the seats are coming out.....

Until Tempe invests in a product that can be called ENVOY or even Business Class they will not have the paying passengers or yields. Sorry Tempe but you let it go to crap and no one in thier right mind would choose to spend money on our premium product over BA, LH, CO, UA or anyone else.

Apparently not enough people. Envoy transatlantic on the 330 is not that bad.. I flew DL a few months back and theirs is quite comparable.... Guess since not many are paying, the seats are coming out.....

maybe the seats are similar, but the amenities on DL are better. Next to Air India's J class, US's Envoy has to be the worst.

Wouldn't it make sense to pull one of the two FRA flights if they need the plane? US still would have 2 flights, 1 a code share, the other US Metal. Or if need be pull out of CLT-LGW and put it on the PHL-LGW route.

Philadelphia is supposed to be US Main Gateway to Europe. OK, then ALL A330's operate PHL-Europe flights. Charlotte or any other city should get the downgraded equipment. If a 757 can not make CLT-LGW, then they don't off the service. US needs to make a decision what their primary Gateway is. By using All the A330's out of PHL, just makes the product for in uniform with other routes. Look at CO for example, their CLE-Europe flights are all 757's. Their 767/777 operate from EWR and IAH. Sure there are the few 757's that fly out of EWR, but they are not on their primary routes. US has to become consistant with their product. That is a rule in every business. Making changes too often will hurt, not help. Its becoming more obvious that Tempe has NO Clue on how to run An International Airline. :down:

Until Tempe invests in a product that can be called ENVOY or even Business Class they will not have the paying passengers or yields. Sorry Tempe but you let it go to crap and no one in thier right mind would choose to spend money on our premium product over BA, LH, CO, UA or anyone else.
Whether I agree with you or not, people CERTAINLY aint paying for Envoy to Gatwick over Heathrow, which is the reason a 757 is fine for the market. We can debate the differences in airlines business classes all night, point is the high yielding traffic prefers Heathrow.

Whether I agree with you or not, people CERTAINLY aint paying for Envoy to Gatwick over Heathrow, which is the reason a 757 is fine for the market. We can debate the differences in airlines business classes all night, point is the high yielding traffic prefers Heathrow.
OK to fly a 757 into Gatwick if you are already serving Heathrow. But as your only option and airport in London, a 757 is not what You Fly.

Wouldn't it make sense to pull one of the two FRA flights if they need the plane? US still would have 2 flights, 1 a code share, the other US Metal. Or if need be pull out of CLT-LGW and put it on the PHL-LGW route.

Philadelphia is supposed to be US Main Gateway to Europe. OK, then ALL A330's operate PHL-Europe flights. Charlotte or any other city should get the downgraded equipment. If a 757 can not make CLT-LGW, then they don't off the service. US needs to make a decision what their primary Gateway is. By using All the A330's out of PHL, just makes the product for in uniform with other routes. Look at CO for example, their CLE-Europe flights are all 757's. Their 767/777 operate from EWR and IAH. Sure there are the few 757's that fly out of EWR, but they are not on their primary routes. US has to become consistant with their product. That is a rule in every business. Making changes too often will hurt, not help. Its becoming more obvious that Tempe has NO Clue on how to run An International Airline. :down:
Huh? Why would they put a 757 on CLT LGW if they could not make it? That's stupid. I am sure the yields in CLT LGW are Envoy are equally as crappy, and would probably be served just fine with a 767 as it has for many years before. I would assume CO flies CLE-LGW because the 757s have the range... :eek: Are you saying that US should have all of the 330's from the PHL hub because it is their largest gateway? Not sure I get that....

FRA? Hmm, dunno, but I would assume FRA does better with all the Star Alliance connections.

If Paid Envoy to Gatwick is as bad as it seems, then yes, Tempe might be doing the right thing here. 12C as opposed to 30C at the end of the summer should suffice.

I wonder if BRU, being the HQ of the UN, has more demand for Envoy than a 757 offers?

OK to fly a 757 into Gatwick if you are already serving Heathrow. But as your only option and airport in London, a 757 is not what You Fly.
Why? If high yielding traffic is going to LHR, why do we need 30 Envoy seats into Gatwick, esp on the off season? Ma and Pa Tourist that book a coach seat for a trip to Europe or a family in London booking a trip to Disney could care less what type of plane they are on, plain and simple. Again, the 757 has a similar Y capacity to a 767. Absolutely no reason not to operate a 757 to Gatwick.

Huh? Why would they put a 757 on CLT LGW if they could not make it? That's stupid. I am sure the yields in CLT LGW are Envoy are equally as crappy, and would probably be served just fine with a 767 as it has for many years before. I would assume CO flies CLE-LGW because they have the range... :eek: Are you saying that US should have all of the 330's from the PHL hub because it is their largest gateway? Not sure I get that....

FRA? Hmm, dunno, but I would assume FRA does better with all the Star Alliance connections.

If Paid Envoy to Gatwick is as bad as it seems, then yes, Tempe might be doing the right thing here. 12C as opposed to 30C at the end of the summer should suffice.

I wonder if BRU, being the HQ of the UN, has more demand for Envoy than a 757 offers?
Why? If high yielding traffic is going to LHR, why do we need 30 Envoy seats into Gatwick, esp on the off season? Ma and Pa Tourist that book a coach seat for a trip to Europe or a family in London booking a trip to Disney could care less what type of plane they are on, plain and simple. Again, the 757 has a similar Y capacity to a 767. Absolutely no reason not to operate a 757 to Gatwick.
The thing here is consistancy in their TA Operation. PHL is supposed to be the Main gateway. Flights from other cities to Europe should be used with excess equipment. I agree that Heathrow is the business prefered, but US does not fly there. So by what you are saying, put a 757 which is compatable with the 767 on the route. Why fly to London in the first place then if LGW isn't sufficient? CLT should only get flights to Europe if they have the equipment available. Maybe they should stop one of their seasonal destinations on Labor Day. Whatever happen to the two Gatwick flights from PHL?

Boy that Etops loves to throw around how is ALWAYS in contact with Scott Kirby. I guess it give him a feeling of superiority.

Boy that Etops loves to throw around how is ALWAYS in contact with Scott Kirby. I guess it give him a feeling of superiority.
what the f are u talking about. i am just trying to get to the bottom of things so that people can understand why these decisions were made. it's not to feel superior you retard. i just like to get the answers straight from the source . you can as well . just e-mail him . [email protected]. he will respond . i myself do not think it's a good idea but what the hell . i guess you gotta live with it. if it bothers anyone then. i apologize. but i will continue to post what ever info i find out (if given the ok to post) and pass it along to others so that they can also be in the know of why things are being done the way they are. don't hate the player . hate the game.

What about MAN??! I see that still has the A330 in Sep/Oct. Why not divert that equipment to LGW and put the 75 on the route. Unless it really is true that cargo is the sole reason for a 330 to MAN in the first place (like SJU).

MAN does get paid Envoy. I've done that a few times and it's a pretty good percentage of paid up front (or so it seems).

I seem to recall that US had service to BRU and cancelled it due to poor yields. Am I correct or is there to much snow here in Appleton, WI.

Man them Choc Chip cookies are good. YUM

Yes, it started in May 2001 but 9/11 probably destroyed any real chance it had of developing and it was dropped in Feb. 2002.

Like i said in my original post its only going to be a 757 for 5-6 weeks. Then it shifts to a 767.

My blood was just boiling when i saw that US was going to offer a 757 to LGW from PHL, when BA has 2x daily from PHL on a 777. So sad!

Im sorry....stop service to ATH or ZHR before playing with LGW service.