PHL-LGW going to a 757 in Sept!

AlleghenyVista

Advanced
Nov 30, 2006
I thought it was a rumour, but yes on Sept 5, the PHL-LGW is going from a A330 to a 757-200ER. I confirmed it on US Airways.com. WHAT THE HELL???!!!

This has to got to be a joke. I just dont understand the thinking anymore. I hope this is just temporary.

I thought it was a rumour, but yes on Sept 5, the PHL-LGW is going from a A330 to a 757-200ER. I confirmed it on US Airways.com. WHAT THE HELL???!!!

This has to got to be a joke. I just dont understand the thinking anymore. I hope this is just temporary.
After a little more digging i see that the PHL-LGW route is going to be on a 767 starting on 10/27/07. Something is going on. Hmmmmmm. Anyone have any insight?

US heavy maintenance checks pick up steam during the fall. This being the slowest time of the year it is prudent to get most of your chores accomplished so you are ready when demand peaks. Their are also many reconfigs going on, so perhaps they are taking advantage of the slower demand. Just a thought and I am still... B)

Oh it can always get worse. Face it, we are just becoming GHETTO. Next we will announce we are serving "menudo" to Barcelona and Madrid and KFC will be taking over our catering for all other meal destinations. I should be quiet and be careful not to give them ideas. :lol:

Oh it can always get worse. Face it, we are just becoming GHETTO. Next we will announce we are serving "menudo" to Barcelona and Madrid and KFC will be taking over our catering for all other meal destinations. I should be quiet and be careful not to give them ideas. :lol:
hey kfc is actually better than the crap we already serve. " i want some chicken"

I hope this is just temporary.
After a little more digging i see that the PHL-LGW route is going to be on a 767 starting on 10/27/07. Something is going on. Hmmmmmm. Anyone have any insight?
Perhaps the new 767 Envoy upgrade will begin in that time and LGW will be one of the first markets to see them....If they are popular, it might warrant running the 767's on those popular biz routes for the premium passengers. Especially in the winter when tourist/coach traffic is lighter.

And DoUgIe wants to go to LHR. In a 757, perhaps. I'm sure this is really making the corporate contract holders (all 2 of them left) in PHL really happy.
:lol: :lol: :down: :down: :down: Your airline ( thank GOD I dont work there anymore ) is a joke!!!

i emailed both scott kirby and travis christ on this
here is their reply
scott:"It’s either that or stop flying Brussels, or take a tech stop or very large weight restrictions to Brussels. Unfortunately, there’s very little paid envoy class demand to lgw…it all flies into lhr. If we get LHR slots, this is something we wouldn’t do."

travis:
"Its very low demand time and the 767 has to go to BRU or else 757 to BRU will take big payload restriction that time of year."

i emailed both scott kirby and travis christ on this
here is their reply
scott:"It’s either that or stop flying Brussels, or take a tech stop or very large weight restrictions to Brussels. Unfortunately, there’s very little paid envoy class demand to lgw…it all flies into lhr. If we get LHR slots, this is something we wouldn’t do."

travis:
"Its very low demand time and the 767 has to go to BRU or else 757 to BRU will take big payload restriction that time of year."

When you strip your once-world-class premium product of all its dignity, PO your best customers, dump the corporate discounts of any kind and muck with the seat maps every month then why should you expect anyone to actually PAY for the Envoy product?!?!

What about MAN??! I see that still has the A330 in Sep/Oct. Why not divert that equipment to LGW and put the 75 on the route. Unless it really is true that cargo is the sole reason for a 330 to MAN in the first place (like SJU).

The problem now is that, when someone is looking to go PHL-London, and see that BA runs 767 and 777 aircraft there WITH a good premium product, there is little incentive left to fly a skinny 757.....

When you strip your once-world-class premium product of all its dignity, PO your best customers, dump the corporate discounts of any kind and muck with the seat maps every month then why should you expect anyone to actually PAY for the Envoy product?!?!

What about MAN??! I see that still has the A330 in Sep/Oct. Why not divert that equipment to LGW and put the 75 on the route. Unless it really is true that cargo is the sole reason for a 330 to MAN in the first place (like SJU).

The problem now is that, when someone is looking to go PHL-London, and see that BA runs 767 and 777 aircraft there WITH a good premium product, there is little incentive left to fly a skinny 757.....
i just asked scott about putting the 757 on man instead of lgw. it seems that brussels is the issue here. let's see what his response is to that.

this is scotts reply regarding man.

"I think there is more envoy demand to man and I know that man is much more profitable than lgw (by a wide margin)."

Who cares? What difference does it make if it is a 767 or a 757? They both hold roughly the same in coach, and they have the same amount of FA's!!! Paid Envoy traffic is nil to Gatwick, so 12 seats in Envoy should do just fine. This is LGW, not LHR....I am missing the huge issue here! :rolleyes:

Regarding MAN, I thought we have (or used to have) some sort of HUGE Envoy contract with some large company (AstraZeneca sound right?) out of PHL, and I believe they required an A330 on the PHLMAN route for US to retain their contract. Not sure if this is still the case, anyone know any more info?

I'm just hypotheticating here, but I'd guess US may have acquired several large Cargo contracts (PHL-BRU-PHL) and cannot take any westbound 757 weight restrictions without loosing big $. FYI, MAN is a large cargo destination for US - substituting a 757 on that route would also probably be very costly.

Latest posts