PHL-LGW going to a 757 in Sept!

Why anyone would PAY to fly US to Europe baffles me. I mentioned to someone recently who is not a VFF about potential China service and she said, "Why on earth would you subject yourself to USAirways for that many hours?" The product stinks.

when BA has 2x daily from PHL on a 777.
BA used to run a 777 and 747 in the summer and then just 1 777 in the winter. Now it's a 777 and 767 in both seasons. At least this year it is. I believe there's enough O&D as well as good OneWorld connections from AA (which is why they will never move from terminal A without a big fight as long as their adjacent to BA's gates).

BA used to run a 777 and 747 in the summer and then just 1 777 in the winter. Now it's a 777 and 767 in both seasons. At least this year it is. I believe there's enough O&D as well as good OneWorld connections from AA (which is why they will never move from terminal A without a big fight as long as their adjacent to BA's gates).

Does AA actually receive many connections from BA?

SJU 1 early morning departure no BA connections
MIA: BA and AA already serve this market
ORD: BA and AA already serve this market
DFW: I think people will connect in BOS and ORD before PHL, but this is really the only city i see BA paxs flying onto

I don't get it. US tightens the belt, business falls off, so do they reinstate to build business? No, they make further cuts. Would someone please buy Tempe a ticket to the clue bus?!

At this rate I can see PHL-LGW being cut entirely :(

Etops1,

Thanks for doing the research on this subject and providing accurate versus rumor information. Far too many people "shoot the messenger" instead of doing in-depth research or contacting the source, which is not helpful.

Thanks again and I appreciate your contributions to this forum.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Talk about a self fulfilling prophecy!!!

There is a demand as people loyal to US would fly them to LGW...I know lots of people who do and pay for envoy...however, with the degradation of Envoy and every other aspect of this airline, it makes no sense to go LGW in crappy J-class product. What are other carriers doing in LGW? Are they reducing their J-class cabin size.

Does AA actually receive many connections from BA?

SJU 1 early morning departure no BA connections
MIA: BA and AA already serve this market
ORD: BA and AA already serve this market
DFW: I think people will connect in BOS and ORD before PHL, but this is really the only city i see BA paxs flying onto
AA & BA can not codeshare on flights between UK & USA. Codeshare is good on flights other than UK.

Actually aircraft scheduling is done with random number generators. I'm confident no one in Tempe looked at loads, etc. when selecting aircraft. What actually happened is Tempe was looking to screw the most senior A330 crews by placing a 757 on the route. This way they can't get the prime layovers. In addition, their thinking was why try to maximize revenue as we would have to pay more profit sharing. It cracks me up when Tempe tries to make money.

It was a Dornier 328JET, with more seat pitch then the generous 31" pitch on the reconfigured Airbus 320-30's.

717 with 2 X 2 seating PHL-MKE.

Midwest is a very interesting little airline. For someone who fly as much and where I fly it's not really a viable option. It just happens to be right now that I'm taking a self induced "Exile" from US Airways.

US Airways could learn a lot more than they think they can from Midwest. All I'll say is the business model isn't exactly what it seems and I don't mean that in a negative way.
Those Dornier Jets, are they the re-engined prop planes?

re-engined prop planes?
Technically, no. Re-engining would mean that the turboprops were removed and turbofans installed.

However, I suspect the spirit of your question is "Is it basically the same as the prop version?" That answer would be yes, as I understand it.

Jim

Technically, no. Re-engining would mean that the turboprops were removed and turbofans installed.

However, I suspect the spirit of your question is "Is it basically the same as the prop version?" That answer would be yes, as I understand it.

Jim

And the DO-328 is a very nice, passenger friendly airplane with state of the art avionics, speed and operational flexiblity.

AA & BA can not codeshare on flights between UK & USA. Codeshare is good on flights other than UK.

which reaffirms my point that virtually no one connects from a BA flt to AA in PHL, thus AA wanting to stay in Terminal A at PHL b/c of BA is likely not true