A Complement for the West Team

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
Today I had occasion to fly US West JFK-SEA via LAS. After taxiing out to the runway, the #2 engine failed to start. We had to taxi back to the gate, and they asked only passengers with connections to deplane and see the agent.

The supervisor at the gate rebooked connecting passengers one by one and was able to accommodate almost everyone successfully. I tried to stay out of the way, called the Chairmans Desk to protect on a later connection at LAS. As it turned out, the flight left 4 hours late, and I made the second connection by minutes.

This lady was shorthanded, and kept customers informed, and gave out meal vouchers to those who wanted them, and had true control over the situation, to the point of having the ramp only remove connecting bags. She was an example of grace under fire.

Also--Kudos to the maintenance team at JFK for having the foresight to ask Jet Blue for a starter for the #2 engine--if they hadn't done that or Jet Blue hadn't had one, the flight would surely have cancelled.

Well done US West!

Thank You.

Hey Art -

The JFK HP staff is excellent. The GM of the station is a gal named Barb Glicklin, and knowing her first hand I can tell you that the JFK station is in the best of all possible hands.

Regards,
ISP

Latest posts

Back