A letter to Doug

I sure indeed hope they read that. I would e-mail it to ALL the Higher Ups in Management, Every department. And ask for a reply and if you got the wrong person, ask them to forward it to the proper personal. I believe somebody up there is bound to cross their tracks.

Also How much does it cost for a Full Page Ad in the Newspaper in Phoenix?

I am just throwing some ideas out, whether they are good or not, let everyone decide.
Just send the letter in to the Arizona Republic. I would think it would get published in light of recent events. It would show support and the needs of the employees.

Here is something that may be of interest.

NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- JetBlue Airways (NasdaqGS:JBLU - News) today announces it will host a week-long celebration of its seventh anniversary with daily prize giveaways on its website, http://www.jetblue.com. Each day's prize is designed around the idea of ``stretching out'' -- now that JetBlue has the most legroom in coach(a). JetBlue recently removed a row of seats from all A320 aircraft, resulting in at least 36-inch legroom in rows 1-11, and at least 34-inch legroom in rows 12-25.

``Our customers have come to love JetBlue's 36 channels of DIRECTV programming and our comfy all-leather seats,'' said JetBlue Founder and CEO David Neeleman. ``Our goal has always been to make the cabin as comfortable as your living room, and we're taking that to new heights this year by removing a row of seats from our Airbus 320 fleet. JetBlue now has the most legroom in coach(a), and to celebrate our seventh anniversary, we are going to bring the JetBlue Experience to your living room! These prizes will let you stretch out even when you aren't flying JetBlue.''

Members of TrueBlue, JetBlue's customer loyalty program, may enter the ``Seven Year Stretch'' instant-win game by visiting http://www.jetblue.com/stretch. Not a member? Not a problem. Customers may join TrueBlue for free. Entries are limited to one entry per TrueBlue member per day. Potential winners are instantly notified by email. Visit http://www.jetblue.com/stretch for full rules, including eligibility requirements.

Each day, JetBlue will award seven of the following ``Seven Year Stretch'' prizes the week of February 12:

Monday, Feb. 12: Seven La-Z-Boy Quincy Recliners with Sharp® AQUOS® 52`` LCD TV, so you can stretch out and replicate your last JetBlue flight in the comfort of your living room.

Tuesday, Feb. 13: Seven people will win a trip for two to Las Vegas, including two nights at an MGM MIRAGE property, one Travelpro Crew Expandable Rollaboard Suiter and a stretch limo for a night out on the town.

Wednesday, Feb. 14: Seven people will win a Queen-sized DUX® bed, so you can really stretch out.

Thursday, Feb. 15: Seven lucky winners will win a $500 bliss spa certificate, so you can stretch your body as well as your mind.

Friday, Feb. 16: Seven people will win a pair of roundtrip flights anywhere JetBlue flies, a Travelpro Crew Expandable Rollaboard Suiter and a Crew Deluxe Tote.

For a complete list of prizes, eligibility restrictions, entry instructions, rules and information about this sweepstakes and TrueBlue, visit http://www.jetblue.com/stretch.

TrueBlue, JetBlue's customer loyalty program, launched in June 2001 and today boasts more than four million members. TrueBlue is free to join and offers members the chance to earn award flights and access to other great benefits such as special promotions and sale fare alerts. TrueBlue members earn TrueBlue points for all JetBlue flights, with double points awarded if the travel is purchased via jetblue.com, as well as through the American Express Membership Rewards program and with the JetBlue Card from American Express. Customers need to earn just 100 TrueBlue Points to receive a TrueBlue Award which is valid for round-trip travel on JetBlue. For more information, visit http://www.jetblue.com/trueblue.

JetBlue Airways is focused on creating a new airline category -- an airline that offers value, service and style. Based in New York City, the low-cost carrier currently serves 50 destinations with up to 500 flights daily. JetBlue has the most legroom in coach(a). Customers also enjoy 36 channels of free DIRECTV® programming(B), the most live TV available on any airline. On flights longer than two hours, a selection of first-run movies and bonus features from FOX InFlight(tm) is also available. JetBlue offers customers generous brand name snacks and beverages, including freshly brewed Dunkin' Donuts® coffee, and delicious wines selected by the airline's Low Fare Sommelier, Josh Wesson from Best Cellars®. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all travel is ticketless, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For information or reservations call 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583) or visit http://www.jetblue.com.

Just send the letter in to the Arizona Republic. I would think it would get published in light of recent events. It would show support and the needs of the employees.

Don't forget the other hubs (CLT, PHL) and focus cities (DCA, NYC, BOS, PIT, LAS). Most major papers allow you to submit letters to the editor by email or web form anymore.

Grea Letter LCC. I'm sure Parker's voicemail is full, along with his mail. I hope he reads it, although Im not sure how much mail he reads when he sees that it came from an employee.

I believe the letter is frankly, condesending. Not only is LCC stating the embarassment of such an action, LCC is also implying throughout the letter that Doug had his eye off the ball and is totally inept. And unless he does what is outlined in the letter, there will be no support or forgiveness. What the letter is actually saying, IMO, is "we really want to forgive you", but you better do this, this and this.

Since Doug is Chairman of the Board, it will be up to the BOD to determine if public opinion of his credibility is eroding, and they also have to consider any future class action by the shareholders if Doug's previous DUIs were not disclosed in the 10K report to the shareholders. The BOD must give full disclosure. There is a potential lawsuit here if the perception of the DUIs has, or will effect the future of the stock price. After all, Wallsstreet traders sell or buy purely on future speculations considering all factors that would/could potentially effect the stock price.

I agree too!

Well written letter, to the point and from the perspective of our customer, our bread and butter.

DO take advantage of the media attention and get it out there.

I believe the letter is frankly, condesending. Not only is LCC stating the embarassment of such an action, LCC is also implying throughout the letter that Doug had his eye off the ball and is totally inept. And unless he does what is outlined in the letter, there will be no support or forgiveness. What the letter is actually saying, IMO, is "we really want to forgive you", but you better do this, this and this.

Since Doug is Chairman of the Board, it will be up to the BOD to determine if public credibility is eroding, and they also have to consider any future class action by the shareholders if Doug's previous DUIs were not disclosed in the 10K report to the shareholders. The BOD must give full disclosure. There is a potential lawsuit here if the perception of the DUIs has, or will effect the future of the stock price. After all, Wallsstreet traders sell or buy purely on future speculations considering all factors that would/could potentially effect the stock price.

I don't agree that the letter is condescending. I believe it shows that after the Delta Airlines debacle and the media frenzy about Doug's mess that the employees WANT to make this a profitable company and that they want to be PROUD of our product.
As always, you present another side of the story but I'm not going to discourage a well-written, well thought out letter from a long time front line employee.

LCC...your letter has spoken for most of the 35,000 employees of USAirways. I commend you for your time and thought that you put into this. I, as with everyone else, just hope that it will reach the right people and maybe make a bold statement to them. Only time will tell. :up:

I agree too!

Well written letter, to the point and from the perspective of our customer, our bread and butter.

DO take advantage of the media attention and get it out there.
I don't agree that the letter is condescending. I believe it shows that after the Delta Airlines debacle and the media frenzy about Doug's mess that the employees WANT to make this a profitable company and that they want to be PROUD of our product.
As always, you present another side of the story but I'm not going to discourage a well-written, well thought out letter from a long time front line employee.

Employee pride has never been in question. The company is profitable irrespective of Doug Parker. The profitability of the company ($506 net) is a direct result of employee dedication, hard work, and customer satisfaction. It wouldn't have mattered who was leading USAirways in 2006, the company was postioned for profiability in this current environment.

Grea Letter LCC. I'm sure Parker's voicemail is full, along with his mail. I hope he reads it, although Im not sure how much mail he reads when he sees that it came from an employee.

Wake up people! :( Doug don't give a rats ass about your oponion or your letters. And the public don't care about reading your comments in any editorial section. They (the public) just want cheap airfares. Most have no idea about what happened to our wages, pensions, vacation, holidays, etc. etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. And most don't care, as long as they can go from LA to NY CHEAP.
And if I ever decide to write Doug a letter it would be short and sweet like this:

Doug, I just wanted to give you some advice from an employee close to your age, but years street wise smarter than you. I'm not talkin Wall street for you slow ones. Whenever you decide to drink and drive, its very important to stay just 5 miles over the speed limit. PERIOD. :up: If you would have followed that advice these folks wouldn't be wasting their time at the computer!! :shock:

Wake up people! :( Doug don't give a rats ass about your oponion or your letters. And if I ever decide to write Doug a letter it would be short and sweet like this:

Doug, I just wanted to give you some advice from an employee close to your age, but years street wise smarter than you. I'm not talkin Wall street for you slow ones. Whenever you decide to drink and drive, its very important to stay just 5 miles over the speed limit. PERIOD. :up: If you would have followed that advice these folks wouldn't be wasting their time at the computer!! :shock:

:up:

What the letter is actually saying, IMO, is "we really want to forgive you", but you better do this, this and this.

Doug was forgiven in the first paragraph. He DOES need to make amends to the employees and I simply stated what I felt he should do. ;)

Back