A Question For Non-employees

mga707 said:
djlndc said:
However, today we live in a different time. In my opinion, unions have outlived their usefulness. We have the US Dept. of Labor and 50 other State labor organizations that protect the rights of employees.
Let's see...that would be the same US Dept. of Labor that was just caught advising employers in creative ways to use the upcoming overtime rule "improvements" to basically screw employees out of overtime pay, wouldn't it?

Yeah, it's comforting to know that they're out there protecting my rights... <_<
Ouch!!!

Seriously though, I Could hardly believe the brazen-ness of the DOL when I read about that a few days ago...Loopholes are one thing, but public tips on just how to exploit them...during an election year, really make you wonder.

get off the featherbedding all ready, are contracts are bare, we are the lowest paid in the industry.

Featherbedding is Dave Siegel getting paid $4 million and he still does not know how to run an airline.

We won't subsidize his failure.

I agree with you Piney. The problem is that there is so much collective anger and disgust on the part of employess from all the years of poor decision making and company blundering. It is hard for employees that have had so much crap to deal with to think rationally and unemotionally about further concessions. Egos are backed into corners and nobody wants to give any more.
The company was able to survive for years making $$$ when there was no meaningful competition and outrageously high airfares could be demanded from captive audiences.
Unfortunately the cold, hard reality of the whole mess is that there is really no place in today's marketplace for the company as it is presently structured. U is not a big network carrier, and not a low cost provider of service either.

I am a us ff2 and have some serious concerns about keeping my miles with the company. I have been flying with you all for over 10years and this is the first time I have considered switching airlines.

First off the employees have been great. I enjoy riding on your planes and enjoy the service. One thing I can not tolerate is travelling through philly, everytime I go through there I am always sitting on the runway waiting to park or take off. Pit and clt are great facilities, probably two of the best facilities in the country. Whenever I travel I avoid Phl at all cost.

My reasons to consider the switch are for the very reason that this company does not seem like they will be able to survive through June. The company lost 1 million a day in the third quarter, which is the strongest, how much are they going to lose in this last quarter??? They are dangerously close to the 1 billion level that the govt. requires for them to have in cash. I just believe that the invasion of the lcc's in the northeast is going to bring the company to its knees.

I believe with southwest coming into philly the revenue is going to deteriorate rapidly. Let's be real the company can not compete with Southwest, the analogy is "its like bringing brass knuckles to a gun fight."

So you sell assets to keep you above the 1 billion mark and you make it for another quarter. But what happens to your highly treasured passengers that don't fly with you on the shuttle anymore, they book elsewhere when making other travel plans. Your revenue base just shrinks.

I wish there were a quick fix to this one but for the first time I do not think there is one. The industry has gone through incredibly drastic changes in the last 2 years and its very clear that the business model Dave Siegel came up with is not going be able to come to fruition because he ran out of time, and more importantly the ability to lead and work with some very important assets of the company: ITS EMPLOYEES."

Good luck to all of you!!!