A reminder of the real world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the anniversary of TWA Flt. 800. Let's not forget those who went down on that day!
upload_2017-7-17_10-4-1.jpeg

Reactions: xUT
FBI explantion says plane climbed 3000 feet after forward third of fuselage blown off? If forward third of fuselage were removed, "blown off", what would happen to the center of gravity? It would immediately move aft! If that were to happen, it would have fallen out of the sky, yet alone could it have "climbed 3000 ft. in altitude? ........ mummm?

There are still some classy people in the world.

GOP gov to Dem gov: 'Dogs don't care if you're a Republican or Democrat'

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) extended a comforting, bipartisan hand on Friday to Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D), whose year-old yellow Labrador retriever, Guinness, died recently.

"Dogs don't care if you're a Republican or Democrat - they love unconditionally. Sending sympathies to [McAuliffe]," Hogan tweeted on Friday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...inia-gov-dogs-dont-care-if-youre-a-republican

The link has some great pictures of a young yellow lab. Very sad.

I had an opportunity to rediscover beauty in places you wouldn't think of finding it. I rode on my bicycle in the "Lunar Kanza", which was a bike ride in the flint hills of Kansas at night. Started about an hour before sunset. All on gravel roads..all in the middle of nowhere. And there is a beauty to a gravel road stetching off into the distance. A peace and solitude of being in the middle of Kansas. And a sunset over the prairie. Eventually got back to pavement and into town....to enjoy beer, food and friends from the cycling community. Kind of nice to get away from the problems of the world, if only for a few minutes.

gravel.JPG
sunset.JPG

Reactions: Insp4
I had an opportunity to rediscover beauty in places you wouldn't think of finding it. I rode on my bicycle in the "Lunar Kanza", which was a bike ride in the flint hills of Kansas at night. Started about an hour before sunset. All on gravel roads..all in the middle of nowhere. And there is a beauty to a gravel road stetching off into the distance. A peace and solitude of being in the middle of Kansas. And a sunset over the prairie. Eventually got back to pavement and into town....to enjoy beer, food and friends from the cycling community. Kind of nice to get away from the problems of the world, if only for a few minutes.

View attachment 11964 View attachment 11965

Can't you people afford trees and hills? Lunar Kanza is Ranul Aznak spelled backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.