A short story, behind the scenes of the Local 591 election

Mar 7, 2013
Jim: I believe that the TWU membership deserves better and we are going to fight like hell to bring it to you the members.

Don: What's the status from the election committee on the Local 591election?

Jim: I here we are screwed, Owens, Schaible, Peterson, Rojas, Ruiz, Gukelburger, Suarez, Knapp, Mishak, Flip, and Friedman have all joining together. Don, this isn't how you said things would go, this isn't going according to the plan.

Don: Jim, I got it covered; do not worry. I have my "A team" on it, Soldevere, Hatfield, Curtis, Garcia, Padilia, and Goldschmidt

Jim: "A" team, that sound more like the bad news bears.

Don: Do not worry Jim, we can talk about the good times when I was president of 565...you know, wink wink...the first time I fooled them

Jim: I am not sure about this Don, before I appointed you we were doing ok, now we have AMFA and the teamsters breathing down our neck.

Don: It isn't my fault Jim, lets call up the old guys, those voted out by the membership, and see if they will help us out. Zimmerman says he will come to our meeting in Miami, he's flying in on his A-12 pass. You don't think any members will notice, do ya? Gordon Clark says he is here for us too Jim! Damn, Jim just found out Zimmerman retired, but he sure is enjoying the week of sun and fun here in Miami compliments of the members money.

Jim: Don why are you in Miami, you are not part of the IEC or IEB and why is McCoy here too...wait a minute, you guys aren't throwing a surprise party down here in Miami for me on the members money, are you?

Don: Uh, no Jim. I have to be here to help Booby and Tony is here to help out Tim. You know, we are their helpers!

Jim: Oh boy, I sure hope this plan works Don.

Don: No sweat, I got it in the bag!

Jim: I don't know Don, maybe we should fly some guys into Tulsa and strategize

Don: That is a great idea Jim, I know just who to call

Jim: Don't let me down Don

Don: Okay, Good news, I am having Gilboy, Oryano, Vandeloo, Lorenzi all fly in A-12 to Tulsa, they have all agreed to help our cause. I thought I could get Woodward back on side, after you put him back in good standing, but he said he prefers our old plan better and is staying with the Teamsters.

Jim: Hows the sale of the Local 561 building in Miami going?

Don: Garcia and Padillia are on it Jim but they are busy campaigning. They have Sidney Jimenez helping them out, he has plenty of time now that he is not the fleet service president anymore.

Jim: Campaigning? I thought they were on Sidney's fleet service executive board.

Don: They were but all got voted out. You know how they are, Sidney is expendable like the rest of them fleet service presidents. We use them up, spit them out, then we suck them back in with dreams of working at the ATD. It works every time, just like my old board and the presidents who were on board with us in the past

Jim: Don, I trust you. This plan of yours better work

Don: Don't worry boss, I am still the man in line maintenance

Jim: Are you sure?

Don: Yeah, I had the secretary's some charts and graphs for Nick. On why we should have passed the 2010 T/A. the membership is so easy, they will only look at the good stuff and forget about the bad. You know, like when you said we were going to revote in 2003, the membership has forgotten that too already.

Jim: Oh yeah, right! They seem to only remember the good stuff, like how we got them this good bankruptcy deal, they are good with that deal right Don?

Don: Yes they are Jim! Don not worry!!!

--- to be continued ---

Reactions: 3 people
Jim: I believe that the TWU membership deserves better and we are going to fight like hell to bring it to you the members.

Don: What's the status from the election committee on the Local 591election?

Jim: I here we are screwed, Owens, Schaible, Peterson, Rojas, Ruiz, Gukelburger, Suarez, Knapp, Mishak, Flip, and Friedman have all joining together. Don, this isn't how you said things would go, this isn't going according to the plan.

Don: Jim, I got it covered; do not worry. I have my "A team" on it, Soldevere, Hatfield, Curtis, Garcia, Padilia, and Goldschmidt

Jim: "A" team, that sound more like the bad news bears.

Don: Do not worry Jim, we can talk about the good times when I was president of 565...you know, wink wink...the first time I fooled them

Jim: I am not sure about this Don, before I appointed you we were doing ok, now we have AMFA and the teamsters breathing down our neck.

Don: It isn't my fault Jim, lets call up the old guys, those voted out by the membership, and see if they will help us out. Zimmerman says he will come to our meeting in Miami, he's flying in on his A-12 pass. You don't think any members will notice, do ya? Gordon Clark says he is here for us too Jim! Damn, Jim just found out Zimmerman retired, but he sure is enjoying the week of sun and fun here in Miami compliments of the members money.

Jim: Don why are you in Miami, you are not part of the IEC or IEB and why is McCoy here too...wait a minute, you guys aren't throwing a surprise party down here in Miami for me on the members money, are you?

Don: Uh, no Jim. I have to be here to help Booby and Tony is here to help out Tim. You know, we are their helpers!

Jim: Oh boy, I sure hope this plan works Don.

Don: No sweat, I got it in the bag!

Jim: I don't know Don, maybe we should fly some guys into Tulsa and strategize

Don: That is a great idea Jim, I know just who to call

Jim: Don't let me down Don

Don: Okay, Good news, I am having Gilboy, Oryano, Vandeloo, Lorenzi all fly in A-12 to Tulsa, they have all agreed to help our cause. I thought I could get Woodward back on side, after you put him back in good standing, but he said he prefers our old plan better and is staying with the Teamsters.

Jim: Hows the sale of the Local 561 building in Miami going?

Don: Garcia and Padillia are on it Jim but they are busy campaigning. They have Sidney Jimenez helping them out, he has plenty of time now that he is not the fleet service president anymore.

Jim: Campaigning? I thought they were on Sidney's fleet service executive board.

Don: They were but all got voted out. You know how they are, Sidney is expendable like the rest of them fleet service presidents. We use them up, spit them out, then we suck them back in with dreams of working at the ATD. It works every time, just like my old board and the presidents who were on board with us in the past

Jim: Don, I trust you. This plan of yours better work

Don: Don't worry boss, I am still the man in line maintenance

Jim: Are you sure?

Don: Yeah, I had the secretary's some charts and graphs for Nick. On why we should have passed the 2010 T/A. the membership is so easy, they will only look at the good stuff and forget about the bad. You know, like when you said we were going to revote in 2003, the membership has forgotten that too already.

Jim: Oh yeah, right! They seem to only remember the good stuff, like how we got them this good bankruptcy deal, they are good with that deal right Don?

Don: Yes they are Jim! Don not worry!!!

--- to be continued ---
Gary how many names are you posting under?

Shouldnt the discussion have started off with a prayer?

And a few terms were missing such as 'lets do an excercise", "stay on the high road" and "credible offer".

Otherwise very good!

Jim: Don what is happening with the election

Don: I am praying Jim, have you visited my webpage - http://www.agapemensministryoftexas.org
Jim: No why would I go there

Don: Look at my info on pg.1 and the go to the prayer request page... you have to look at who we are helping with salvation

Jim: You are such a good man Don,

Don: Just trying to repent for my past transgressions and my daily sins

Jim: I think you are swell Don

Reactions: 2 people
Don,

Is that you?

Jim
No Jim, its me George Leitz and why have you not stomped the crap out of Bob, JR, Gary, and Rojas? That's what I would have done. When Mike Q. and I were around we made sure that those that were not onboard with the TWU were thrown out. I can't believe you haven't kicked the crap out of them. You disappoint me.

Reactions: 1 person
No Jim, its me George Leitz and why have you not stomped the crap out of Bob, JR, Gary, and Rojas? That's what I would have done. When Mike Q. and I were around we made sure that those that were not onboard with the TWU were thrown out. I can't believe you haven't kicked the crap out of them. You disappoint me.
Do you even know that Quill was not really the first "elected" leader of the TWU? Of course you do not. O'shea was really the first"elected' leader of the TWU. Read and get educated about TWU facts! Stop living the farce and hopeless dream.

Reactions: 5 people

Quill would have thrown out people who tell members that they should give away wages, benfits, work rules and Pensions. Quill lead his membership and they fought hard to get the members those things and this leadership told the members to give it all away while keeping it for themselves, courtesy of the members dues no less. Quill would recognize who the "enemies" really are.

If Mike Quill was half the man that history books claim that he was, Little, Videbitch, and the rest of the ATD bunch would of never made it to the international because there is nothing union about them. Of course when Mike Quill was around, the twu actually gave the appearance of being a union, now it is just a place for a few to make large salaries at the expense of its members.

If Mike Quill was half the man that history books claim that he was, Little, Videbitch, and the rest of the ATD bunch would of never made it to the international because there is nothing union about them. Of course when Mike Quill was around, the twu actually gave the appearance of being a union, now it is just a place for a few to make large salaries at the expense of its members.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2cEIdIIWZk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqZhCkW8JI

In this debate Quill points out how companies always claim they have no money, until after the strike, and how all this money suddenly appears. The people we have in the ATD do the exact opposite of what Mike Quill did. They run around telling us how much debt the company has, how hard things are for the company and how we have to save the company by working for less than everyone else in the industry. AA went into BK with $5 billion in cash and the largest order for new aircraft in history. They cut loose leases on planes they didnt fly anymore and facilities they didnt use after paying for them for over a decade without using them, those creditors really lost nothing. The only people who got screwed were the workers and of those workers mechanics got screwed the most. We fell further behind our peers than any other work group at AA, we ended up with less vacation and less paid sick time than our Union brothers and sisters, even less than Non-Union at AA. We get less paid holidays than anyone, union or non-union, in the industry.

Mike Quill was no saint but he was more of a leader than anything we have now. The people we have now speak more like Hartley than Quill. Quill didnt think mechanics deserved special treatment but at least he didnt hate us like Gless , Videtich et al do.

Jim: Don you cannot resurrect George Leitz from the dead…can you?

Don: We can do many things through the Agape Mens Ministry of Texas, it so unbelievable Jim. We even had Hatfield funnel the memberships dues money into us for years.

Jim: You did?

Don: Oh, I mean we um, well um, no what I meant to say was “donated, yeah, yeah, donated”

Jim: Oh, okay Don. Now back on Leitz, Soldevere already threw a Hitler quote on his letter to the membership and that didn’t go so good, why are we now referring to Leitz?

Don: Lets move off Leitz and focus on Soldevere, you know he is a good soldier for us, in fact Overspeed helped us online by saying, ”No Jim, its me George Leitz and why have you not stomped the crap out of Bob, JR, Gary, and Rojas? That's what I would have done. When Mike Q. and I were around we made sure that those that were not onboard with the TWU were thrown out. I can't believe you haven't kicked the crap out of them. You disappoint me.”

Jim: Oh boy, did you have to resort to violence Don?

Don: Yes, it will pump our members up, like your speeches do!

Jim: You are right, I do pump them full don’t I

Don: Yes you do boss. We may have one small item to deal with.

Jim: What’s that?

Don: Well, you know how Yingst and Burchette had some issues with the wives.

Jim: Oh no Don, Nick didn’t?

Don: Yes, I am afraid Nick did but it was several years ago and we covered it up in Nicks Bio by telling everyone he volunteered as an advocate against crimes against women back during his run for VP in 2002. Nick even told the membership how he volunteered in videos and spoke at meetings about violence against women, we even used a good Christian attorney to defend him. Crystal used him too! Besides, I am not worried there are only a few of us know about this and it will never leak out. The members have long since forgotten about what Nick told them back then. It is like the 2003 concessions when you told them they would have a revote or how you were going to fight like hell during bankruptcy.

Jim: Don, I do not have a good feeling about this! You don’t think anyone will look up Nicholas Soldevere in the the Denton County, Texas public Criminal Case Records do you?

Don: No Jim, we have a winner in Soldevere he is good as gold in this election (wink, wink)!

Jim: These guys don't know about our dirty little secrets do they?

Don: Nope, we are good as gold.

Jim: I like gold Don, will you soon be spinning me some more soon

Don: Yes, remember I have Hatfield lined up as Treasurer

Jim: so how can he bring me more gold?

Don: Hatfield does whatever I tell him. I have a plan to move money into the Intl, similar to what we did when we closed 530

Jim: Oh no Don, you aren't saying we need to put another guy on the company payroll are you?

Don: Relax boss, I have my friends at the company covering us, it will never come back to haunt us

Jim: What do you mean?

Don: When we close locations down, we can recoup the assets, sell them off, and turn them into quick cash

Jim: We need cash!

Don: We can get Hatfield to transfer stuff over, like he did before when we had the credit card scam and donation scheme going

Jim: You are one smart man Don

Don: yes I am boss

Jim: What the hell is going on down there?

Don: What do you mean boss?

Jim: The election Don, what is going on I am really concerned?

Don: Jim, you gotta trust me I have written Nicks letters talking about the 2010 T/A

Jim: but Don, it is now 2013!!!

Don: The guys will read the stuff, they don't pay attention to the dates

Jim: Really?

Don: Yes Boss!

Jim: What else are you doing to win me back my Local's?

Don: I wrote about how the other guys had no plan in negotiations

Jim: Wow, think that will work?

Don: Of course it will, you said we were going to fight like hell and people actually thought you were serious this time but as you know you said it with your fingers crossed, so in my gods eyes it was not a lie

Jim: I am so glad you are an elder in the church Don, you really have made changes in your life

Don: (Grinning) Yes I have Jim (his eyes to heavens thinking about how one day he could be in Jim's shoes)

Jim: What about them other unions, AMFA, IBT, IAM & basket weavers - I am hearing the chant is anyone but TWU?

Don: I put that in my letter for Nick also boss, it says, "We currently have the TWU and I believe with my team we can make this union much better than any other for the membership" and how the new local needs "fresh new and responsible leadership".

Jim: Will the members buy that Don?

Don: Sure Boss, you know I am the man! Plus I told them people about how Soldevere and his ticket will bring hold officers accountable, bring fiscal accountability, I even talked about officer's personal agenda's.

Jim: No Don, you did not?

Don: Yes, I did. The guys have all forgotten about how I spent like a drunken sailor while I was local president. Don't worry, the guys on the Soldever Ticket all know the "deal"! I mean Nick, Kerry and I ate and drank every day for years on the members money. And when Mike got there it only got better, hell he paid mileage for driving into work, everyone had a credit card to spread the spending around so it wasn't so noticeable, and he funnelled tens of thousands into my ministry.

Jim: Don, you do realize the members might find out

Don: How Jim, I am not there anymore...it will never come back onto me

Jim: Did you get all the old paperwork, like receipts and expense forms out of the Local before you left

Don: Uh Oh Boss, I hope the ink has faded on the receipts for the cigars, bars, and cars that Nick, Kerry, Mike and I all enjoyed on the memberships dime!

To be continued...

Reactions: 4 people