A YES vote is a vote for a 60% Paycut

AgtN3

Aug 20, 2002
Vote NO
and if you don''t you will reward the cwa with all kinds of new union dues from mainline express agents and mid atlantic agents and yourself witha 13.01 tos job unless you work a call desk then it will be 16.89 chk out attachments h i and j Good luck and god bless u all
Vote NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AgtN3,
Somtimes the truth hurts! CWA came out okay on this one. Not only did they give away our jobs , but picked up some due money from the new CWA Express and Internet Customer Service. To the agents at the ATO and Reservations....read that TA very closely. CWA worked very closely with U. Thats why the retirement benefit stayed so good, because the company wants to have a voluntary/involuntary eary out. Get out the top heavy agents. Force them out. No incentive to stay now. Then turn around and pay ATO and Reservations 13.00 tos. Morton Bahr had the nerve to put out a letter to the membership asking to vote it in. Why, because CWA doesn't want to spend money on a legal fight if its not voted in. Why is it in the earlier proposals traded back and forth(as seen on CWA.NET)it NEVER showed this NEW express and internet service classification. I'll tell you way.....it was a last minute trade....CWA sold out and still came out okay. The truth hurts, but thats the way it is baby

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/12/2002 12:34:32 AM resconcerns wrote:
[P]AgtN3,[BR]Somtimes the truth hurts! CWA came out okay on this one. Not only did they give away our jobs , but picked up some due money from the new CWA Express and Internet Customer Service. To the agents at the ATO and Reservations....read that TA very closely. CWA worked very closely with U. Thats why the retirement benefit stayed so good, because the company wants to have a voluntary/involuntary eary out. Get out the top heavy agents. Force them out. No incentive to stay now. Then turn around and pay ATO and Reservations 13.00 tos. Morton Bahr had the nerve to put out a letter to the membership asking to vote it in. Why, because CWA doesn't want to spend money on a legal fight if its not voted in. Why is it in the earlier proposals traded back and forth(as seen on CWA.NET)it NEVER showed this NEW express and internet service classification. I'll tell you way.....it was a last minute trade....CWA sold out and still came out okay. The truth hurts, but thats the way it is baby[/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P]This is pretty much what I've been saying for a couple o' days now..there will be very few 20 an hr employees left within a year,maybe a sizeable bunch at the mainline atos, but not in rez/cs...many of the folks who vote YES will be pounding the pavement or living on 13 an hour or less within a year between the likelihood of an office or 2 closing and the internet tech classification..guaranteed..therefore I would rather get it over with now.Cwa did sell us out agreeing to this travesty , ruining peoples vacations for the rest of the year..and taking back pay on unused vacations and not for those who used all their weeks already..and no non penalty sick leave negotiated, ......[STRONG]their biggest concern was 1/4 hr swaps instead of 1/2 hour ones.[/STRONG].Thx C.W.A...which now IMO stands for Chumps, Wooses and A**es.[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]

you know...i can make almost as much on unemployment as they are offering you...and you think it could be worse...what a joke

-- I disagree I believe a NO vote will make the entire situation worse than it already is...the court could throw out entire contract ...then management decides our fate..and at this point...I hate to think what they would offer our work group.

I mean...these guys are fighting over $13/hr while you guys are getting what....$165...$185/hr...kind of funny huh

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/12/2002 3:46:55 AM Res wrote:
[P]-- I disagree I believe a NO vote will make the entire situation worse than it already is...the court could throw out entire contract ...then management decides our fate..and at this point...I hate to think what they would offer our work group.  [/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P][STRONG]Read between the lines[/STRONG], step outside the box, take the rose colored glasses off, choose your own cliche..Management has carefully decided and manipulated the CSA fate no matter which way you vote..and CWA fell for it,CWA keeps its dues and members, albeit at a lower pay, no matter what happens, that was their main concern.[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]

I do not want to start a war about pilot's pay, but please make sure you compare apples and oranges. Pilots & flight attendent's pay is based on flight time.

They can both put in a 14 hour duty day and only get paid for 5 hours. They do not get paid while staying in a hotel or all of the other down time while away on a trip.

Also a pilots position requires a certain amount of knowledge and greater responsibility than say a flight attendant, which of course explaines the pay difference between these two groups.

Just as a mechanic has a greater skill and knowledge level than say someone who just moves the bags. All of these jobs are IMPORTANT, they just require different knowledge and skills. Therefore, in most cases the theory is that one's wages are based on these differences.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/12/2002 4:43:03 AM mastermechanic wrote:

26 weeks + 26 week extension + 26 week if in school
----------------
[/blockquote]
26 weeks + 13 weeks + zip!! I'm there....

[P]Yah, I can vote no, lose my pay, lose my travel privileges, fork out $350 a month for COBRA, spend 2 hours at the unemployment office every week or so, waste countless hours reading through the want ads, and eventually losing my hous.[/P]
[P]What a terrific idea!!![/P]

A note vote gives the company one last option. Obtain restructuring accords between the 17th & 23rd or seek to cancel any union contract that has not been voluntarily restructured. Why? Without consensual or court-ordered concessions the company will not have access to the credit facility or loan guarantee.

If you want the company to survive, then vote yes.

If you want potential deeper cuts, have your union argue in court why it should not pay damages, and the company possibly lose all further financing and thus be forced to liquidate, which will result in the loss of tens of thousands of company and collateral jobs, vote no.

Chip