A321 Rumors

I am furloughed so I don't remember everything to the letter, but, I think the new contract states that pilots will be paid the 737/320 rate for any configuration that holds the same amount as the 320 max certification capacity in single class configuration. I think the max 320 number is 180 passengers. I am not totally sure on the two class load of a 321. I bet they are pretty close. According to the contract we could fly the 757 or 321 at the max certifacation capacity of the 320 for the LCC rate. That would get costs down.

FA4UA,
UAL is one of the few airlines that does paqy a flat rate for all the jets in a class, and they did it even before the latest concessionary deal. For example, DAL has SEVERAL 767 rates, and U (at least used to) pay diff rates for the 319, 320 and 321. UAL has always paid the same rate for the 319 and 320. I think the Herkdrvr is correct, the latest contract offers some small impediment to the 321 flying at 320 rates, but it also had a prohibition against the outsourcing of flying in jets over 80k MTOGW, only to see it signed away in a side letter. There is a new MC in town though... :up:

FA4UA said:
These three points suppose that the 321 can operationally handle long transcons.
They indeed can, and w/ the same amount of pax, burning +10% less fuel vs. the B757.
Good for profits, bad for OPEC.