AA again named best domestic first class airline by Global Traveler magazine

IMO AA is definitely not the worst, but im not sure how close they are to the best. I have flown all of the legacy's domestically and UAL, Delta, JAL, Asiana, Thai, and a few others internationally. In terms of food AA is just as good as the rest...that said maybe food is a constant that doesnt change much from carrier to carrier. Where I think we may fall short is in the service dept. Depending on what crew you are flying with service can vary from excellent to "i shoud have stayed home." This is where I believe the Asian carriers may have us beat. For arguments sake being an AA non-rev i have experienced our product much more than any other carrier, thus its possible others have the same service variations that we have. Theorectically im not sure how one would measure this service w/o many overlapping samples

I was on a 75 the other day. The first class seats look like a larger version of the coach seat
whats up with that??

Although there were six rows or maybe 8 instead of the usual 4.
:down:

HEHEH...you were probably on that 1 aircraft (the only one configured that way until next year some time) that has 24 seats in first instead of 22. I had the (dis)pleasure of working that one the other day.

I showed up and looked at the F cabin and was like........WHAT is going on here?!
It was like animal house. Up and down the aisle and up and down. It was one of those flights where everyone wanted something every 5 seconds and what they wanted to drink was something completely different than they had before.

Our superior first class service was catered with one insert of liquor minis, 4 bottles of wine, and 5 beers for 24 people. Riiiiight. That worked well. Then I had to hound catering because they tried to short me two of everything because they catered for 22.

Oh, then I had to make the wonderful pain in the butt hamburgers. Because I have sooo much time and space to do 2 step meal presentations on that plane.

Has anyone else had he pleasure of getting stuck in the F bathroom on the new 757 configuration on the ground when the cockpit door was open? I was thisclose to removing the pins and taking the lav door off when the pilot finally heard me shouting and closed the door. Apparently the door knob of the cockpit door prevents the lav door from opening. Nice design.