AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Don't piss me off

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 6.04.37 PM.png

Sounds good but saving jobs saves union dues. The union will say help out you fellow union brothers from getting laid off by taking a pay cut. In reality the union doesn't want to take the pay cut either.

1AA

I think it is time for the M&R to say we are going to look out for US. NO cuts in Pay at ALL. Find what money you need to survive someplace else. If you can't afford to pay me then lay me off. We all have seen it here at AA, the rest of the members will work O/T to pick up the slack. The Union reps will say work the O/T, it will show we need the members to be recalled. We also have seen that saving heads still turns into layoffs. Just how much more are you guys willing to take, I've got 20+ yrs here and even before my coming here I seen that EVERY NEGATIVE THING that has caused my class and craft to go backwards started here at AA.

I read lots of stuff here and still can't believe just how many still are willing to bend over and take it. Our stock is in the toilet and DP and the boys just keep on truckin along. The TWU has Piped all of you LAA guys for so long you don't know any better. The IAM lost it's teeth yrs ago and going through 2 BK's at LUS has scared the M&R guys there.

There has been yrs of distrust here with the TWU what makes you think this time will be any different? The TWU leadership as you all know talks tough but when it comes down to putting up or shutting up they fold like a deck of cards.

The Title 2 guys are going to take it the worst of the M&R group and YET for yrs they still believe the TWU will take care of them.

GP has gotten his spot and if there is any cut in Pay do ANY of You think he will get his Pay cut?

As a member of the M&R group, its time you LQQK out for YOU. Get a co-worker to sign an AMFA card and lets move on.

For all the jr guy's you have the most to loose, you have lots of time to make this career a positive one rather than turning out like most here, disgruntal and with a I don't care attitude. Yrs ago the industry was a FUN place. Take charge of your future.

If there isn't a serious uptik in cards being signed to remove the Association and bring AMFA here, AA & the TWU/IAM will forever own you.

For the Fleet guys it has nothing to do with you in any way. Pilot, F/A, gate agents, have their own union it's time for M&R to get the representation they deserve as well.

True. Yet, some groups will be impacted more than others. Highly unlikely it will be a straight and uniform percentage across all seniority lists for those who get the axe.
Look at what groups took the most buyouts,that number could reduce the number of layoffs in each group

Then.. if the Company needs to shrink, do a Lay Off in accordance with the agreement that took 4+ years to agree to... no extra, extraneous BS....
Do you know anything about the ,"Warns act" the law that gives warning to those getting furloughed? I'm curious how many days notice or is it just a New York law

Do you know anything about the ,"Warns act" the law that gives warning to those getting furloughed? I'm curious how many days notice or is it just a New York law
60 days. Its not much of a baramoter, everyone will get a copy via mail and email

60 days. Its not much of a barometer, everyone will get a copy via mail and email

DFW Gen The Association will even get a advance notice about what is going to happen. But be sworn to SAY Nothing. That way they can figure a deal out to save Union dues. Just another back room deal by the TWU. Just LOOK back over the last 25 + yrs.