AA breaks its silence on labor talks

I have a rather dumb idea. Save your comments until your negotiation process has actually begun....Don't even recognize their web-site.

I haven't visited the site yet, but I sure hope it is still active in November 2007....Would like to add a few comments ;)

The negotiation process is already over. The contract for the TWU is a done deal. I'll bet HSS :blink: can't wait to VOTE YES again like always.

The company will, of course, add the value of the pensions when discussing any contract proposal. How is that a revelation? That is the classic airline industry negotiating style, and has always been that way.
You know StrAAight, I could care less if I have your approval of what I post or not, facts are facts!! Like I said before, I simply stated I don't think there will be pay increases and they will dangle the pension, and you and your rose colored glasses went to town... Ah, but yes, I forget.... I am jealous and thats the reason i post my statements... You state how UA is in deep dark times and that we are going to be sold off, etc etc... You know what? It may happen, but I wouldn't bet your "raise" on it... Tilton speaks of consolidation, b/c there needs to be... I really don't think I would feel more or less secure at any other airline, including yours.. I know that is like nails on a chalkboard to you, but its true... Just remember - people post opinions, and yours is no more worthy ( O mighty one ) than mine... :D Enjoy your evening StrAAight!!!

Once again, Miss Donttouch, perhaps you should read for detail and meaning, rather than just posting the first time one of your aggression triggers gets pushed.

Once again, Miss Donttouch, perhaps you should read for detail and meaning, rather than just posting the first time one of your aggression triggers gets pushed.

Oh yes - I forget, I let people like yourself make me "aggressive" ... OOHHH ahhhhh ... come on StrAAight, even I expect an opinionated bash with at least some intelligent thought behind it from you.. I have actually been reading some of your other posts on here, and you have been bashing MANY people on here because they don't share the same views as yourself.. The more you post.. the more stupid you look.. I also took notice to what you think about your fellow furloughed f/a's, and I have been on furlough, and am so glad, and thankful, that I didn't have people such as yourself at the helm. The one thing I can say the AFA did do, was get indefinite recall rights for furloughees, and I don't know one person that wouldn't want them to get their job back, I guess it is different at AA though, you gave up too much and the other airline employees didn't.... You are rude, inconsiderate, and thankless for what others have afforded you... Once again, HAVE a WONDERFUL night .....

Oh yes - I forget, I let people like yourself make me "aggressive" ... OOHHH ahhhhh ... come on StrAAight, even I expect an opinionated bash with at least some intelligent thought behind it from you.. I have actually been reading some of your other posts on here, and you have been bashing MANY people on here because they don't share the same views as yourself.. The more you post.. the more stupid you look.. I also took notice to what you think about your fellow furloughed f/a's, and I have been on furlough, and am so glad, and thankful, that I didn't have people such as yourself at the helm. The one thing I can say the AFA did do, was get indefinite recall rights for furloughees, and I don't know one person that wouldn't want them to get their job back, I guess it is different at AA though, you gave up too much and the other airline employees didn't.... You are rude, inconsiderate, and thankless for what others have afforded you... Once again, HAVE a WONDERFUL night .....
I wouldn't pay stttrrraaaighttalk any mind, his postings have the resemblance of management, very childish.

The next personal attack or insult gets the thread closed and the poster a visit to the corn field.

Nuff said.

AAHHHHH HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA, That is soooo funny.. Actually you couldn't be more wrong. I had many of choices of airlines when I was looking, and growing up in OK TX area you would think that AA would be my first choice, I have relatives that work at CAL and SWA, and grew up with the airline and I hate to say that AA was one of my last choices. I truly didnt feel like flying around on a super 80 all my life, and that was the reality considering you have nearly 400 of them.. I also HATE the mentality of the folks in Dallas .. Not all but most, are well, you know..... I now have a better contract, no pension (but they got dumped a year after i started anyway) so didnt lose much... Better choice of flying, not stuck to domestic, am getting new hires under me left and right, and dont have the reputation that you folks have for the way TWA was handled, My hourly pay rate is not as good as yours, but I would rather have less pay and better work rules.. Just an opinion... Yeah things aren't rosy at any airline right now and UA has its problems, but dont assume that i want to work at AA.. You are dead WRONG...

..to say nothing of the totally toxic atmosphere within the AA culture.

The company will, of course, add the value of the pensions when discussing any contract proposal. How is that a revelation? That is the classic airline industry negotiating style, and has always been that way.
You know StrAAight, I could care less if I have your approval of what I post or not, facts are facts!! Like I said before, I simply stated I don't think there will be pay increases and they will dangle the pension, and you and your rose colored glasses went to town... Ah, but yes, I forget.... I am jealous and thats the reason i post my statements... You state how UA is in deep dark times and that we are going to be sold off, etc etc... You know what? It may happen, but I wouldn't bet your "raise" on it... Tilton speaks of consolidation, b/c there needs to be... I really don't think I would feel more or less secure at any other airline, including yours.. I know that is like nails on a chalkboard to you, but its true... Just remember - people post opinions, and yours is no more worthy ( O mighty one ) than mine... :D Enjoy your evening StrAAight!!!

Since you seem to view the defined benefit pension as a liability why don't you tell us how many airlines that went through the BK process were around fifteen years latter.

Continental Airlines x2 BKs...

You left out America West. You also failed to mention the number of airlines that have gone through it. In addition you forgot to mention that in spite of CAL being "lean and mean" after two trips through BK they were on the verge of a third and probably fatal trip to BK. Fortunately for them the right guy came around.

Now if you’re thinking that I take some sort of pleasure in this little fact I don't. A very good friend of mine used to work for UAL. And even though he probably won't be recalled for a very long time if at all it would be nice if UAL sticks around so he can one day.

Why, whenever you post, do I Charlie Brown's teacher in the background, trumpeting your words? "Wahhh-waahh-wah-wah-wahhhh-wahhh"

Just a lot of noise.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You left out America West. You also failed to mention the number of airlines that have gone through it. In addition you forgot to mention that in spite of CAL being "lean and mean" after two trips through BK they were on the verge of a third and probably fatal trip to BK. Fortunately for them the right guy came around.

I didnt leave out anyone - You just made it sound (in your previous post ) that there are zero airlines that have made it past 15 years post bk... instead of focusing on what i fail to mention, please, focus on what i did do - I answered your question. Your post reeks of probably and coulda woulda shoulda, the fact is, "it is what it is" and now that many airlines have taken their trips through bk (as wrong as it is) we are to some extent on the same playing field until the next downturn, we all have some cash on hand but the unique thing is this... certain airlines have additional costs as opposed to others that will play a key factor in the next downturn, certain airlines have higher labor costs, such as CAL LUV and AMR as well as much older aircraft, hopefully we dont have another downturn, but if we do they will certainly come back to employee groups for more gifts - take the hint of LUV offering a buyout as a significant hint of what could be coming down the pike. Of course this just my opinion.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Why, whenever you post, do I Charlie Brown's teacher in the background, trumpeting your words? "Wahhh-waahh-wah-wah-wahhhh-wahhh"

Just a lot of noise

"do I Charlie Brown's teacher in the background,"

Ahhh, you poor soul - learn how to type and then talk to me! Your posts confirms your immature nature... Go back to watching Charlie Brown "oh mighty one"!!!!! Have a GREAT day StrAAight!!!! I know I am - :D

Now if you’re thinking that I take some sort of pleasure in this little fact I don't. A very good friend of mine used to work for UAL. And even though he probably won't be recalled for a very long time if at all it would be nice if UAL sticks around so he can one day.
What position was your friend furloughed from?

I am curious, because I thought UA had recalled all furloughed employees a while ago now.

I know all the pilots are back, and believe all the FA's are as well, but after the IND and OAK closures for maintenance, it will probably be a while before all the AMT's are back to work. Don't know about IAM ramp or agents/res.

What position was your friend furloughed from?

I am curious, because I thought UA had recalled all furloughed employees a while ago now.

He was an A&P with UAL. He hired in early 2000. Given the base closures his chances of getting a recall anytime soon are rather slim.