AA bread possible new CEO

Per article on One Mile At A Time a leaked report that AA may brew a in house CEO. Possible DP replacement could occur
I am assuming, by calling it "brew an in house CEO" meaning to put an original AA'er at the helm replacing DP as CEO?
DP is in way over his head. Maybe the top execs and BOD members are finally seeing and admitting this to themselves huh?? Might still be too little too late...

I am assuming, by calling it "brew an in house CEO" meaning to put an original AA'er at the helm replacing DP as CEO?
DP is in way over his head. Maybe the top execs and BOD members are finally seeing and admitting this to themselves huh?? Might still be too little too late...
This morning View From The Wing stated DP may retire as will another high level person. Its looking like theyll stay with someone in house instead of going outside. Honestly swamt my take is and it wld not surprise me if AA goes CH 11 just before March 26..when our contractual wage increase takes effect that may be DP "retires" but i myself believe Robert Isom would likely takeover. But who knows

I don’t believe bankruptcy is on the table. DP is just being pushed out most likely as AA does some reorganization that may lead to another merger with B6 or AS or both
AA still has a solid cash position thanks to the government loans that will get them through this year

I don’t believe bankruptcy is on the table. DP is just being pushed out most likely as AA does some reorganization that may lead to another merger with B6 or AS or both
AA still has a solid cash position thanks to the government loans that will get them through this year
Not on the table yet. But is it plan B? On the back burner maybe?

Earnings are due to be released this week for several carriers, and they're going to be brutal.

If recovery for travel doesn't happen until 2022 (entirely plausible based on how locked down many countries remain), I wouldn't count out a pre-emptive filing.

Government loans might help with short-term cash needs, but keep in mind that's simply being added to a debt pile which was alarming before Covid...

Earnings are due to be released this week for several carriers, and they're going to be brutal.

If recovery for travel doesn't happen until 2022 (entirely plausible based on how locked down many countries remain), I wouldn't count out a pre-emptive filing.

Government loans might help with short-term cash needs, but keep in mind that's simply being added to a debt pile which was alarming before Covid...
Cant argue that. Appointing Doug Sreenland to the board of directors could be a planning advisory move? He is from northwest aswell as isom and quite a few other senior members of management

Bankruptcy within 6 months under Isom's leadership. Take that to the bank.
If they eventually go the bankruptcy route I think most if not all upper management people will be let go. All the blunders such as stock buy backs will cost them. Seeing how they run the operation I have little faith in their abilities. At a large hub you try to cut the chances for errors as much as you can. The way it is managed now has increased the chance for error quite a bit. They move everyone around all over the place and create their own problems.

If they eventually go the bankruptcy route I think most if not all upper management people will be let go. All the blunders such as stock buy backs will cost them. Seeing how they run the operation I have little faith in their abilities. At a large hub you try to cut the chances for errors as much as you can. The way it is managed now has increased the chance for error quite a bit. They move everyone around all over the place and create their own problems.
You should see the technical hoops we have to jump thru in maintenance. They took one easy sign in and simplified to having to sign in six times. Aggravating.
The also have an s.o.s. program. This is good one, if you have a part bad from stock when you return it the "save on shelf" till next time. Maybe the second time you install it it will be good! Crazy.

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in it. Who the CEO or President or VP is doesn't really impact the day to day work. The people making those dumb decisions are all planted at L4 thru L8. Who their boss's boss's boss is won't change that.

What a new CEO would do is perhaps improve standing with investors and banks. The financial hole and prospects for coming out of it are hardly impressive compared to where UA and DL are right now. AA's a bloated whale gasping for air and trying not to wind up on the beach.