AA flight attendants

silverbird007 said:
The APFA usually gets whatever they want so I will be very surprised if they don't this time too. As a fairly junior AA FA (15 years is still junior for bidding anyway) I would rather we had not merged with a very senior FA group. But since it is happening, Im very happy that US has so many destinations in Europe. So it is good for nonreving eventually. I hope that we keep all the new destinations that AA didn't have. Also CLT is a nice city and might be nice to transfer there one day. So far, all the US FAs that I have met seem pretty nice, and with the VEOP between both sides maybe my seniority wont be affected too much after all. Overall I guess its a good thing for the flight attendants. I do know a couple of US FAs that commute out of South Florida who cant wait to transfer here, unfortunately they are senior to me LOL. Of course we have a few commuters from CLT that probably cant wait to transfer there. So that should balance out at the end of the day. It would have been interesting if we could have been allowed to vote on the union representation but that aint gonna happen!

Where are you based, silverbird? Have you heard what AA bases the US folk want to move to? Some of them should know that LGA/JFK isn't as junior as it used to be

700UW said:
Is it too hard for anyone to understand that both East and West flight Attendants have won precedent setting grievances, and that cant be ignored?

Just because that is the way AA does things doesnt make it work for the PMUS when you have precedent setting wins under the RLA.
this is precisely the kind of labor mindset that has screwed up multiple airline mergers and needs to be kept far, far from AA if the merger has a chance of working.

So you are saying its fine for management to violate a CBA that they agreed to that is subject and covered under Federal Law?

You are a piece of work.

You let them violate one thing in your CBA and then the ball starts rolling.

This is so you:

1557560_747441635266817_1974664609_n.jpg

US mgmt agreed to a merger with AA whose employee policies have been used by the majority of the people involved in the merger.

I'm not saying that I would want to use AA's standby priority system if I were an AA or US employee but you need to find a whole lot of AA employees who want the system changed in order to think that US employees are going to prevail.

I say let the AA employees check in 24 hours in advance and go on the standby list based on their check in time and then the US employees check in based on seniority when they normally do and let them go on the list based on their seniority slotted below the AA people.

My point remains that you and labor advocate a contentious environment that has been poison in one merger after another.

You (labor) can't tout how great the merger will be in thread after thread and then refuse to cooperate regarding every difference that comes out between the two airlines. Did you really think US would find a merger partner that looked just like you?

Lest anyone forget...US mgmt. has a penchant for shutting crew bases practically overnight. That is going to be the challenge for f/as in PHX RDU SFO and BOS I am guessing.  Lets hope FCFS is great.

Don't forget the most logical to be closed. STL. I think BOS is fine. Combined, we are pretty big there. #2 I would guess. RDU hasn't closed, because it is cheaper to have a base for the LHR flight than to make it a 6 day trip. Also, our per diem was just raised ever so slightly, so it isn't any cheaper now either. PHX is a huge city at this point. I can't see it closing as today there are many, many flights out of it. SFO, is another story. I think combined, we should be able to make a few strategic adds. So a continued small base should be warranted. I think at least HNL should return as well as BOS. Just my wish list. IF, they want to close something, STL would probably be the easiest with ORD and DFW so close by. I want to say, that in NO way do I think they should close any base. I think they should have more smaller satellites in fact.

AdAstraPerAspera said:
Where are you based, silverbird? Have you heard what AA bases the US folk want to move to? Some of them should know that LGA/JFK isn't as junior as it used to be
MIA domestic, I know for sure that the US fas that I do know are going to transfer to MIA as soon as they can. I know we have some commuters from CLT that will probably transfer there. So it will probably even out.

john john said:
My guess is the US flight Attendants will negotiate and bargain the DOH non-rev grievance for a commuter policy
...and the other work groups?

Piedmont had a crew base in MIA, US came in and closed it.

When I got hired on with Piedmont in TPA, I went to MIA for my ID and paperwork.

AANOTOK said:
...and the other work groups?
Your employee group can file a grievance with your union leadership if the company has violated your contract in regards to non-rev boarding priority

They dont have it in their CBA according to AA employees that post here.

700UW said:
They dont have it in their CBA according to AA employees that post here.
No, it's a company benefit. And one that I feel fairly confident  will not be superseded by
another airlines contract.

Back