AA flight attendants

DFWFSC said:
I know a few folks at DFW who drive down to ACT-Waco,Tx and originate their trip there as D1Ts. Less than a hour drive if you live in the southern part of the metroplex.
If caught, they could not fly for a year! If you try to beat the system it will!!! catch up to ya. Had to get FIRED for abusing the system in LAS. They will find out!

Bob....when I fly koa-hnl on hawaiian air and then hnl-lax on aa, I automatically become a "T" (D1 or D2) for whatever I listed for my hnl-lax leg.  I just show the aa agent my Hawaiian boarding pass.  I have done this multiple times.

Too hard for AA to prove.....they don't know how long you were in ACT.  Me and the wife could've driven down a day or two before to drop the kids off at the in-laws, then just originated our trip from there.   But yes, if you go DFW-AUS and get right back on the same plane you just got off of to go back to DFW as a T so you have a better chance get a seat to HNL or LAS...etc  That does look obivious.

QQAAramp said:
Bob....when I fly koa-hnl on hawaiian air and then hnl-lax on aa, I automatically become a "T" (D1 or D2) for whatever I listed for my hnl-lax leg.  I just show the aa agent my Hawaiian boarding pass.  I have done this multiple times.
Well I guess thats good to know Dave. But how fare is that. For someone in HNL listing as a D1 on AA and for someone else to bumpthem flying in on a zed reguardless if AA employee or not! But at the end of the day I don't fly that much to take exception to this. It just better not happen when I do fly.

jimntx said:
So DFWFSC, you have found a foolproof way to cheat the system and your fellow employees out of their rightful place on the boarding priority list.  Won't Mother be proud!
#1. Every nonrev trip I've ever taken has been within the travel guidelines.
#2. My Mother is dead......Asshole!

Reactions: 1 person
From Jetnet on traveling as a through passenger.
Read it and figure out if you can or can not list as a through.

Through Passengers

Space available passengers traveling through a city or connecting to another flight have boarding priority over local boarding passengers in the same travel classification. Upon check-in at the intermediate/connecting city, please advise the agent you are a through passenger (as designated by a T after your travel classification; for example D2T). You must show your boarding pass or other documentation that confirms you were on the inbound flight. 
If you are a through passenger, you will be placed on the priority list of the intermediate/connecting city once you have been accommodated at the originating city. If your connection time at the intermediate city is 12 hours or more you must check in with an agent and ask to be placed on the Priority List as a through passenger; you must show the agent your boarding pass from the inbound flight.
In order to be considered a through passenger at an intermediate city, you must:

• Arrive at the intermediate city on a through (continuing) flight. When connecting from one flight to another, Sabre will automatically check you in as a through passenger on the connecting flight once you have been accommodated at the originating city as long as all of the flights are contained in a single reservation.

• Arrive on a flight or other airline-provided transportation (for example, bus, train, etc.) at the intermediate city and check in for the first connecting flight (same day or next day) to your next destination. If you arrive the day before the first connecting flight, it is not necessary for you to arrive on the last arriving flight in the intermediate city.

• Arrive on a flight at the intermediate city but cannot be accommodated to your destination due to revenue demands and/or higher priority standbys. You will then be transferred to the next eligible flight as a through passenger.

• Arrive in/out of the same intermediate city (co-terminal). For example, you travel LHR-JFK and then depart later that same day LGA-ORD. You will be added to the Priority List as a through passenger from LGA-ORD.
If you and/or your eligible travelers travel to a city using full-fare or AA20 tickets, then continue the trip as a non-rev, you will be considered through passengers, provided you stand by for the next flight on the same day to your final destination. Please note that your non-revenue segments for connecting travel must be in a separate PNR.
Employees, including Flight Crewmembers, traveling on Company business will not be considered through passengers if they continue their travel for pleasure. For example, a Flight Attendant based in DFW but lives in AUS - the last leg of his/her trip is the MIA-DFW flight and they want to travel back home to AUS; they would travel D2 on the flight to AUS and would not be considered a through passenger.
Similarly, an employee is based in DFW but has to travel A11 to LGA. After the business meeting is over, the employee wishes to travel to PHX for pleasure. The employee may travel LGA-DFW as A11 but must travel D2 from DFW-PHX. He or she will not be considered a through passenger when checking in for the DFW-PHX flight.
You may be considered through at your home or base station, provided you started travel from another station and did not travel to that station for the sole purpose of obtaining through status.

The above proves what we are all (US side) are thinking about the AA non rev travel way. From everything I have read or seen it appears the AA way is a mess. I am beginning to think the reason why everyone at AA thinks their way is better is simply because they don't know the difference. Don't hate me for saying it but the US way is better.

Reactions: 3 people
johnny kat said:
The above proves what we are all (US side) are thinking about the AA non rev travel way. From everything I have read or seen it appears the AA way is a mess. I am beginning to think the reason why everyone at AA thinks their way is better is simply because they don't know the difference. Don't hate me for saying it but the US way is better.
You'll adjust. B)

Reactions: 3 people
I will adjust comrade. As I am sure you will. Change is in the wind, can you feel it?

Let me clarify my post...the US way appears to be more convenient and simple compared to the book that has been written over at AA for every travel situation. And the reason is very simple: Date of hire. No more no less. You list for the flight get the locator number/check in for the flight anywhere from 24 hrs to 2 hours before flight time. Check the list to see where your seniority landed you and have some assurance you may get a seat. Real simple the wheel doesn't have to be reinvented every time you non rev.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts