AA Giving back a NRT slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't AA move the JFK-NRT flight to JFK-HND not long ago? It looks to me like HND will become the business airport for Tokyo since it's quite a bit closer to downtown than NRT. Sorta like LGA is the businessman's NYC preferred airport for domestic, especially within the perimeter.

Jim

They had operated JFK-HND and JFK-NRT concurrently throughout last spring and summer, HND was suspended in September and is scheduled to resume June 1st, the same day NRT ends. I've taken the JFK-HND flight myself and its really great, the problem is the return is too darn early. The timing is similar to AA's awful ORD-PEK slots.

Josh

Listen , first of all we have very modern aircraft . The longest range aircraft we have is the A330-200 . We only have 7 of them so they are being utilized on TLV which requires 2 A/C , PHL-LHR, PHL -CDG, PHL-BCN,CLT-CDG and The second PHL -FRA. That's all 7 A330-200 commuted. We have 9 A330-300 which cannot fly PHL Asia nonstop . That is why we cannot fly to Asia. We have A330-200 deliveries coming in 2013 . Once we get those , then the possibility of Asia comes into play . We need to utilize the ac where it makes sense for an airline our size to use them . I doubt any Asia will come as more a330 come in because they will replace the 767's . You do not work for either airline nor know how airline economics or logistics work so just shut the f up . Just sayin .
not sure if your saying the 332 can do Asia from PHL, but just to be clear US doesn't have an aircraft that can come close to flying PHL or CLT to Asia.

I do however believe US is getting a NRT slot from Delta(2015?) as part of the slot swap. (if they can't get any 350s then i expect PHX-NRT with a 332)

I do however believe US is getting a NRT slot from Delta(2015?) as part of the slot swap. (if they can't get any 350s then i expect PHX-NRT with a 332)
Nope. US is not getting any NRT slots from DL. That was part of the old agreement between US and DL. US is going to get from DL authority to operate a flight to GRU in 2015.

Nope. US is not getting any NRT slots from DL. That was part of the old agreement between US and DL. US is going to get from DL authority to operate a flight to GRU in 2015.
Correct FWAA and yes topdawg you are correct .The A330-200 cannot fly east coast -Asia nonstop.

It may not even be able to fly PHX-NRT with the summer temps in PHX...

Jim
Not sure, Delta did SLC-NRT with wimpy PW4000s. I'm fairly sure the US have T700s with ~2K more thrust than the Delta birds.

but you may be right.

I certainly don't know either, just raising the possibility. Those 100+ degree, or even 110+ degree, summer temps can be brutal on performance.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.